NBA playoffs | Page 3 | The Boneyard

NBA playoffs

Reaction Score
Jokic is the most likable superstar in all of sports. Totally humble, always about the team and respect for the opponent, doesn't care at all about individual awards, goes out of his way to play with kids at the games, has a great sense of humor etc.
Not even close and his brothers give you another glimpse into why that's so.

Promotes gambling, totally blase approach to reporter questions often with unneeded attitude, admits to being bored with the game and would rather be with his horses. I know several Serbs who really don't like him. Doncic is much more likeable.

Reaction Score
Not even close.

Promotes gambling, totally blase approach to reporter questions often, admits to being bored with the game and would rather be with his horses. I know several Serbs who really don't like him. Doncic is much more likeable.
The NBA promotes gambling like crazy. I know several Serbs who are obsessed with him.

Reaction Score

Promotes gambling, totally blase approach to reporter questions often with unneeded attitude, admits to being bored with the game and would rather be with his horses. I know several Serbs who really don't like him. Doncic is much more likeable.
He’s incredibly likable. All the things you listed (besides the brothers) are kinda quirks that make him even more likable. Only thing about him im not fond of is I think he flops a lot for a guy his size, not to Embiid’s level but still.

Also, he beats the brakes off Lakers, which I do not like one bit.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
There was actually a pretty good WSJ article on this a few days ago:

Midway through this season, the NBA had a strange problem: Its players were too good. Teams were scoring more efficiently than ever, stars were putting up 60 and 70 points in a single game and there was absolutely nothing that defenses could do about it.

So the league set about fixing things.

In early March, basketball fans began to notice a subtle but consequential shift in the sport. Referees forgave a little more contact from defenders. They were more suspicious of star players who flopped and flailed on their way to the rim. And in a mid-March memo to teams, the NBA confirmed that its competition committee “continues to evaluate the state of offensive vs. defensive balance.”

Put simply: The NBA was making defense legal again.

The numbers show just how much tougher it has gotten to score. Between February’s All-Star break and the start of the playoffs, scoring dropped leaguewide by eight points per game. There were six 60-plus point scorers before the break—and there has been only one since.

Saturday’s opening slate of playoff games continued the trend. In the first matchup of the day, the Cleveland Cavaliers held the Orlando Magic to just 83 points—the lowest total for a Cavs opponent all season. Across four games, three teams failed to crack 100 points.
Thanks for this. The change was overdue. I think we saw the NCAA tournament was called similarly. I don't think I've ever seen it be quite so favorable to defenses. There has long been too much tolerance of players who hunt fouls (like Tristen Newton). Turning some of those plays where the offense creates the contact into no-calls would be a positive.

Looking forward to the Celtics - Heat tonight. I hate the Heat.

Reaction Score

youre in the minority here. so what he's not steph curry. giannis forced one of his brothers on the team.

Reaction Score
Can anybody explain what the hell is going on with reffing/the rules in the playoffs? I get allowing physical play for the playoffs. We're getting games in the 90's now instead of the 130's during the regular season but I no longer know what a foul is. I've now seen a bunch of foul calls that go to reviews in these first round games where guys are whacked on the arm and they reverse the call and say it's not a foul.
The most nonsensical thing it Stan Van Gundy during the Knicks - Sixers game 2, watching slo mo replays and concluding "there's no foul there" when OBVIOUSLY there was. Like obvious contact. I'm thinking, "did they change the definition of a foul?"

And if there were ever a team that would benefit from a more UConn style offense, it would be the Knicks. Brunson shooting 25% for the series is brutal. Knicks should feel good that he's shot so poorly and they're still up 2-0

Reaction Score
Pelicans down double digits after the 1st quarter. 1-8 from three

cough cough

Reaction Score
NOT a big fan of Joe Mazulla. Badly outcoached tonight. I dont think he's the right coach for this team. Brad messed up. He simply doesnt know how to make adjustments against good teams. He never has. His philosophy is to let the players "figure it out". No Joe. Thats your job.

Reaction Score
OKC is so fun to watch with their ball movement and great offensive players. I feel like I'm watching UCONN. I hope they win it this year even though I think it is going to be Denver who wins it.

Reaction Score
OKC is so fun to watch with their ball movement and great offensive players. I feel like I'm watching UCONN. I hope they win it this year even though I think it is going to be Denver who wins it.
What a pro wants, what a pro needs.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
SGA’s game is so smooth and fun to watch.

Reaction Score
Maxey pushed off but I have no problem with letting that go, guys get away with that a lot at the end of games. Just a total freak out by Maxey, he pushed Hart and then couldn't catch the ball and fell over. That reversal by the refs on Lowry fouling DiVincenzo was interesting, he grabbed Donte's arm.
Another NovaCat

Reaction Score
Hawkins in the game for the Pels down 29 with 5 min left.

Reaction Score
Hawkins in the game for the Pels down 29 with 5 min left.
Hawkins with an air ball. Played better D on Wiggins the second time he tried to drive on him with good hands.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Hawkins with an air ball. Played better D on Wiggins the second time he tried to drive on him with good hands.
5 mins once a month nice development. Pelicans and Bucks are done. Hoping Pelicans move on from Zion and Bucks move on from Doc

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score

Why are you comparing Jokic with Doncic?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Why are you comparing Jokic with Doncic?
Crazy comp. Don’t have issues with Jokic as a person, but I’d personally rather not see him win if he’s going to act like it means nothing to him.

Those KG, Kobe, 2016 Bron moments are really cool to see. I don’t want a guy talking about how he wants to get to his horses after winning the most prestigious trophy in the sport.

Reaction Score

It’s nearly impossible to be the best at your craft and be well liked. That goes for any sport and any profession, acting, music etc.

Reaction Score
It’s nearly impossible to be the best at your craft and be well liked. That goes for any sport and any profession, acting, music etc.
True. Also, many geniuses didn't love the trappings of fame.
Brian Wilson left the road after his big freakout and stayed in bed for a decade.
Miles Davis turned his back to the audience.
JD Salinger and many other writers were veritable shut ins.
And fwiw, I thought it was pretty badass that Ricky Williams played football only because he was great at it but he'd rather puff herb, meditate and do yoga.

Reaction Score
True. Also, many geniuses didn't love the trappings of fame.
Brian Wilson left the road after his big freakout and stayed in bed for a decade.
Miles Davis turned his back to the audience.
JD Salinger and many other writers were veritable shut ins.
And fwiw, I thought it was pretty badass that Ricky Williams played football only because he was great at it but he'd rather puff herb, meditate and do yoga.
Everybody is different, everyone handles success or failure differently. It’s no different from people we know personally. I really don’t care that Jokic wants to ride Serbian horses I mean who cares.

I care to watch Jokic play basketball that’s it. I could care less about an anthletes off the court interests, so long as they’re not doing bad things to other people.

I too thought what Ricky Williams was awesome and can’t blame him either, taking a beating and being essentially your teams offense facing 8 men in the box 16 games a year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Embiid is very unenjoyable to watch

He's one of the most skilled centers in the history of the NBA, but decides to throw himself to the ground every time somebody sneezes in his direction instead of just dominating whoever's in front of him

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom