NBA Discussion 2016/2017 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

NBA Discussion 2016/2017

Reaction Score
If your talking about advanced statistics, it helps being on a team that is actually good and 13-9 rather than a bad team that is 8-13. Maybe Kemba is having a better year thus far, that's not my opinion but it's reasonable to have that opinion. But when push comes to shove, I think John Wall is an outright better player.

That's a fair opinion, but I think the point is that you don't have to have UConn blinders on to make the argument that Kemba is better.

Reaction Score
I'm not a big stats guy, I go by what I watch and Kemba is better right now than Wall IMO. Kemba still has what he had at UConn his junior year, where he lifts everyone else up around him and steps his game up when the game is on the line.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
How do you feel about Rudy Gay?
Rudy has been well above solid statistically for like 3 years now. That whole Rudy inefficiency meme from his short stint in Toronto is so overblown.

Reaction Score
John Wall is inefficient and probably one of the more overrated players of his time IMO. People love the speed and athleticism. Still he's a weak shooter and is very turnover prone.

Reaction Score
wall has better box score numbers at first glance, so your point is valid, i just don't think he plays winning basketball, which is completely subjective on my part. Ive never been duped by his gaudy assist numbers, he does alot of hunting and turns the ball over twice as much as walker.

moving on from alum, the jazz play that juggernaut in gsw tonight, im really disappointed in all these injuries from george hill, kid was playing like a top 5 pg early on. they are still well coached excited as hell for the game tonight. rod hood is one of my fav young players in the L as is gobert.

You didn't bother to look up that Hood and Hayward both weren't gonna play tonight?

Also Wall is putting up career highs basically across the board right now, and the main reason that his TO are up is because the team doesn't really have another ball handler on the roster. All the burden is on him.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
22 & 22 for Drummond vs Towns and the Wolves.

First player since 1983 to post those number in under 30 minutes of play, and first since himself (last year) to post consecutive 20-20 games in quite some time.

Reaction Score
22 & 22 for Drummond vs Towns and the Wolves.

First player since 1983 to post those number in under 30 minutes of play, and first since himself (last year) to post consecutive 20-20 games in quite some time.
This is a good time to talk about his 5 games in december, he has really bounced back after a sub par start to the year. Averaging 17 and 15 with a 62 TS% and a +11 net rating. His defensive numbers are still not good at all though, people just score up and around him very easily. Playing like an all star again though.

Reaction Score
Kemba left the Cavs game with a knee injury. Didn't look too good. When it rains it pours.

Reaction Score
Klay goes 4-14, 8 pts, 1 reb, 0 assists in 31 mins

He's baffling, much of it is on that team

Reaction Score
Kemba left the Cavs game with a knee injury. Didn't look too good. When it rains it pours.

I wish I could delete this now that the diagnosis is a knee contusion.

Reaction Score
I wish I could delete this now that the diagnosis is a knee contusion.

Yah, your post really scared the out of me. Did some research myself and meant to post the update here as you just did.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
My God, site is incredible

Right up my alley. I basically have a YouTube account for NBA highlights subscriptions and tcf's videos. Shout out Dawkins and DownToBuck.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
So tonight is the night we put our debate to rest. Kemba and the Hornets go to DC to take on Wall and the Wizards. @CardiacAndre7 a beautiful thing about the NBA is that it always seems like the players know what you and your buddy are debating about over who vs who is better, and similar tiered players of a position will step up. Kemba played against Wall in college and are both similar players with similar numbers. I expect both to go a full 100% and play with playoff intensity.

I think Hornets take this one on the road.

Reaction Score
So tonight is the night we put our debate to rest. Kemba and the Hornets go to DC to take on Wall and the Wizards. @CardiacAndre7 a beautiful thing about the NBA is that it always seems like the players know what you and your buddy are debating about over who vs who is better, and similar tiered players of a position will step up. Kemba played against Wall in college and are both similar players with similar numbers. I expect both to go a full 100% and play with playoff intensity.

I think Hornets take this one on the road.
cliffords antics as a coach makes me worry for the hornets in general. not just because of lamb, he has this weird fetish with playing kaminsky 20+ mpg when he is one of the worst pfs in the nba, Its clear as day, play mkg more at the 4 and increase lamb (20 PER) tick. he is now benching mkg in the fouth quarter in favor of belinelli, who does space the floor, but is worst defensively than lamb was all last year. he is a stubborn stubborn man who doesn't like adjusting to the other team, kaminky has been torched all year by small ball fours and he just sits there accepting it. before that, he was playing hawes and hibbert with no interest of downsizing the second unit. Would't be shocked to see them get smoked again tonight.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
cliffords antics as a coach makes me worry for the hornets in general. not just because of lamb, he has this weird fetish with playing kaminsky 20+ mpg when he is one of the worst pfs in the nba, Its clear as day, play mkg more at the 4 and increase lamb (20 PER) tick. he is now benching mkg in the fouth quarter in favor of belinelli, who does space the floor, but is worst defensively than lamb was all last year. he is a stubborn stubborn man who doesn't like adjusting to the other team, kaminky has been torched all year by small ball fours and he just sits there accepting it. before that, he was playing hawes and hibbert with no interest of downsizing the second unit. Would't be shocked to see them get smoked again tonight.
Yea he definitely has a thing for Kaminsky. I didnt get that draft pick last year and I still dont get it now watching them. Like what role did you need so badly that you drafted lottery for him? ESPECIALLY when Zeller and Hawes, his two closest clones in the league right now are already on the Hornets lol. Regardless, I just put $20 on the Hornets +1.

Reaction Score
Yea he definitely has a thing for Kaminsky. I didnt get that draft pick last year and I still dont get it now watching them. Like what role did you need so badly that you drafted lottery for him? ESPECIALLY when Zeller and Hawes, his two closest clones in the league right now are already on the Hornets lol.
zeller is actually good as hell, but kaminsky pick was a blunder. myles turner was just sitting there, i remember posting about player i thought would be a bust and he was number 1 on my list ( so was myles so i was kind of wrong on both). The thing with kaminsky is, he would be very good if he could actually shoot, kid can't shoot at all. his best skill is 'driving' and passing for a big, which means nothing when you can't finish in the paint. But i'm excited for wall vs walker, hopefully it wont disappoint.

Reaction Score
I don't hate Kaminsky. If he starts shooting, he will be useful (for some team). But he is redundant on that roster and was picked too early. The thing I hate is that the Celtics offered them 4 1st ROUNDERS for that pick! This is one of those rumors which seems to be too absurd to be true but Lowe and others have confirmed it.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
zeller is actually good as hell, but kaminsky pick was a blunder. myles turner was just sitting there, i remember posting about player i thought would be a bust and he was number 1 on my list ( so was myles so i was kind of wrong on both). The thing with kaminsky is, he would be very good if he could actually shoot, kid can't shoot at all. his best skill is 'driving' and passing for a big, which means nothing when you can't finish in the paint. But i'm excited for wall vs walker, hopefully it wont disappoint.
Yea I agree I actually like Zellers toughness, sets good screens which seems to be a lost art. Hawes is just... Hawes. Turner is going to be a stud btw, he does it all. Small ball big that isnt small! Shot 4-6 from 3 last game, super talented, wasted his year at Texas, he should have wasted it here,

BUConn10

Reaction Score
I don't hate Kaminsky. If he starts shooting, he will be useful (for some team). But he is redundant on that roster and was picked too early. The thing I hate is that the Celtics offered them 4 1st ROUNDERS for that pick! This is one of those rumors which seems to be too absurd to be true but Lowe and others have confirmed it.
I am a Celtics fan that is in the 2% that thinks Ainge is actualyl an idiot and doesnt know what hes doing. He's so cheap and overvalues his own assets way too much, to te point that he sits on future picks and players until they end up being worthless when the time comes and he turned down several good offers for. Then you hear about that ridiculous draft day trade scenario where he offers up basically all the assets the team earned over the last couple years and you wonder what the hell this guys goal is. The celtics are NOT winning ssss with Thomas and Horford, I hate this cute-sy, overachieving underdogs thing they are going for. Its a superstar driven league, if you dont have one you dont win, simple as that. But I digress....

Reaction Score
the guy i can't get enough of is porzingis. always been a fan, since his first summer league game, but now he has reached another echelon. He is on that anthony davis ish where you simply can't defend him, and opposing fans are terrified of him. Watching him last night dominate vs phx, then melo promptly coming in and taking horrible shots, painted the stark contrast between an aging superstar and the unicorn. So @Scoe wasn't too far, really wanted the knicks to win that game.

The knicks are just so fun to watch when melo and noah arent in the game, its alarming. And ron baker is one of those guys who can come out of no where and be a solid back up, he is huge for a pg and competes on defense, unlike BJ+rose.

Reaction Score
@BUConn10 really never been crazy of horford. I gotta give them credit with brown, he has a lot of physical tools. he is no james young lol

BUConn10

Reaction Score
@BUConn10 really never been crazy of horford. I gotta give them credit with brown, he has a lot of physical tools. he is no james young lol
Brown has potential, but I am not going to turn down a solid offer for him if Im a GM. The problem with the celtics rebuild is that despite everyone saying how well executed it was, we started earlier than the lakers, had more picks, and yet is anyone really surprised the Lakers have picked ahead of us in like the last 3 drafts? The NBA wants them back and I wouldnt doubt a little lottery shuffle action. Basically it seems like in every draft during this rebuild, the Cs have been 1 pick outside of the top X guys that are clearly a tier above the rest. So we end up using what was supposed to be a huge pick on another future 20 min per game role player that we will stock up on.

Reaction Score
batum is one of these i will irrationally love, he is such a good passer. But in general, the guy takes the worst shots (leaning threes off floppy, contested fadeways), and has a really bad ts% for a 2nd option. his motor is also average. pretty even matchup at point, both wall n walker touching the paint.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom