NBA Discussion 2016/2017 | Page 10 | The Boneyard

NBA Discussion 2016/2017

Reaction Score
Its just a matchup, numbers say walker, so its interesting to see how wall stacks up. Wall is good as hell, just not close to the shooter kemba is. hornets dont look good at all tonight, a lot of crap minutes from kaminsky, mkg looking like garbage closing the game. statistics show mkg nor beli are as good as lamb yet he struggles to get 10 mpg . its really getting crazy over here, hopefully a beat writer asks why. Lamb started TWO games and they won BOTH in november. while he averaged a double double.
But like, do the numbers really say walker? Wall looks to have had a better game for sure.

Reaction Score
Seems like they could have swapped Rozier or Smart instead of Bradley, but who knows.

They will need a home run, the drafts other than Bradley in 2010 haven't been great. Last year was crazy, 3 #1s, 5 #2s and basically have nothing to really be excited about. 2 stashes we may never hear from again.

I think their rationale was they need a superstar. I would be very surprised if he gets there, but he has the highest upside. None of the other rookies you mentioned moved the needle. I agree though that they should have made the trade, at least they would lock up the 2 seed. Even though who knows if the Bulls agree.

Edit. Didn't see Bradley included. Bradley is very, very good. I don't think they would be better off with Jimmy, unless they think Smart or Rozier are good.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Is this a serious question?
Yes, because when you look at the numbers all year long Kemba's are better to the majority of eyes. So of Kemba has stats on his side and wins a head to head matchup how can you properly assess whose better. Wall won tonight and had a better game and was hitting big shots near the end of the game and Kemba wasn't. I'm saying if head to head matchups and stats can't conclude whose better than how do you suggest it? You still haven't said how you think it should be.

Reaction Score
Wall and Kemba are tough to compare because one guy's strengths are literally the other's weakness.

They're about the same level as players, but it's too early to definitively say who's better.

Reaction Score
Yes, because when you look at the numbers all year long Kemba's are better to the majority of eyes. So of Kemba has stats on his side and wins a head to head matchup how can you properly assess whose better. Wall won tonight and had a better game and was hitting big shots near the end of the game and Kemba wasn't. I'm saying if head to head matchups and stats can't conclude whose better than how do you suggest it? You still haven't said how you think it should be.

You have to consider total body of work. Stats are important, as is the eye test. Head to head matchups can be important. But 1 game head to head is far too small of a sample size. Hell, even 10 games head to head is too small. There really is no way to definitively compare two players (unless the stats are overwhelming IMO). Smart people often hold different opinions on who player comparisons. I value your opinion, but I'm sure there are tons of players we disagree on. It doesn't mean either is necessarily wrong.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
You have to consider total body of work. Stats are important, as is the eye test. Head to head matchups can be important. But 1 game head to head is far too small of a sample size. Hell, even 10 games head to head is too small. There really is no way to definitively compare two players (unless the stats are overwhelming IMO). Smart people often hold different opinions on who player comparisons. I value your opinion, but I'm sure there are tons of players we disagree on. It doesn't mean either is necessarily wrong.
If you guys think my position is that one game determines whose better once and for all then you have me completely wrong.

This is the first head to head matchup between the two since CardiacAndre was arguing his point that Wall is better. My point was that NBA stars of the same tier tend to step up and player harder against each other and I thought that to be true of tonight's game between Kemba and John. It was really meant to be a way to bring up a game for people here to follow closely tonight, it's been taken too seriously.

BUT that being said I will revise my statement. My official position on the matter is this: If I am an NBA GM in a hypothetical league redraft scenario, and I have to choose between Walker and Wall as my franchise point guards to build off of, I am taking Kemba. A PG that doesn't have a consistent jumper is playing way below his and the team's potential in this league right now.

Reaction Score
Well said.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
i'm wildly skeptical on Ingram, don't you think he looks like a skeleton out there? DLo i'm a big fan of no doubt, but ingram idk. what is his upside? tayshaun prince? this last draft was so trash imo

I must disagree... I think his CEILING is Kevin Durant.

His likely place, in my opinion: Not as good as a Durant, McGrady, etc., but he will be a step below a superstar scorer...

I'm trying to think of a player comp on the spot, and I'm too OCD about these things to put out a bad comp, lol.

But I think he'll be an all-star level wing scorer, but I don't know that he reaches that elite status.

BUConn10

Reaction Score

His likely place, in my opinion: Not as good as a Durant, McGrady, etc., but he will be a step below a superstar scorer...

I'm trying to think of a player comp on the spot, and I'm too OCD about these things to put out a bad comp, lol.

But I think he'll be an all-star level wing scorer, but I don't know that he reaches that elite status.
Paul George but maybe less explosive? He gets a significant amount of assists for a young wing labeled as a scorer coming in.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
i'm wildly skeptical on Ingram, don't you think he looks like a skeleton out there? DLo i'm a big fan of no doubt, but ingram idk. what is his upside? tayshaun prince? this last draft was so trash imo

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Geez this dumb thing wasn't loading, then I guess loaded 3x -- Paul George was a first thought, but then I think his game won't be quite as versatile as PG, tho I could be wrong. He rebounds well.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
His game is unique, so he's tough to compare. Very good midrange like Melo, but obv body type of a KD/PG.

Reaction Score
Ingram just turned 19 a couple months ago (almost two years younger than Jalen Adams, remarkably), so it makes little sense to cap the potential of a kid that gifted. Not saying he's over-matched or can't contribute at this level as a 19-year-old (though his stats would indicate that might be true), but in a perfect world, he's still playing in college right now. He's literally a kid playing against grown men and man is he built like a kid.

The Durant comparisons were always a bit silly, IMO. Durant posted 25, 7, and 3 on 48/42/86 splits at age 20. He's a generational player and I think Ingram is more than one level below that. I think he's closer to Otto Porter.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Lamb getting minutes in Boston with Walker out. Putting up pts

His game style and body type are way too good to be getting so little minutes...

Reaction Score
In like a 50 pt blowout, the garbage time king!

Walker put up 18 and 10 in a win vs ATL, still the second best pg in the east. Best 3pt pull up shooter in the L via stats.nba.com ( edit: lowry has been scorching, he is in the lead, kemba 2nd)

Last edited:

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
In like a 50 pt blowout, the garbage time king!

Walker put up 18 and 10 in a win vs ATL, still the second best pg in the east. Best 3pt pull up shooter in the L via stats.nba.com
He's not better than Kyrie Irving or John Wall.

Reaction Score
He's not better than Kyrie Irving or John Wall.

This has been a point of debate over the last few pages of this thread. Its close. Kemba has made a big leap each of the past 2 years - he is knocking down 41% from 3 on relatively high volume. This has completely changed his game. Defenders could go under screens vs. him just 2 years ago.

Reaction Score
What a play...watched this 10x already.

Westbrooks good still not the MVP. Harden the runaway there IMO. I would actually place lbj or Durant second

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom