NBA Discussion 2016/2017 | Page 14 | The Boneyard

NBA Discussion 2016/2017

Reaction Score
Charlotte's defense has been off the rails bad at times lately. 120 points to the Nets with Lin hurt and 71 points to the Cavs without Irving in the first half at home.

Kemba with 17 at the half - all by getting to the rim. Don't think he's hit a jumper yet. But LBJ with 23 and Love with 22 at the half.

Reaction Score
walker might go for 50 if charlotte wins this. cavs can't guard him but his aggressiveness has been up and down tonight. Tristan thompson is officially one of my least favorite players in the nba, guy fouls on every rebound opportunity its a joke. also sets comically illegal screens.

Reaction Score
Watched the entire second half of the Hornets-Bulls - my god the Hornets supporting cast is terrible. I also continue to be underwhelmed by Clifford as a coach, even though he gets so much praise.

Butler is an absolute stud, though. It's a shame he's wasting away in a dysfunctional Bulls organization.

Reaction Score
Yup. Supposedly C's could have gotten him with #3 (Brown), #16 (French stash) and Crowder

Crazy they passed on that

Brown is terrible, no idea if stash will ever play here and Butler is better than Crowder straight up

Butler is an absolute stud, though. It's a shame he's wasting away in a dysfunctional Bulls organization.

Reaction Score
Walkers team is still 4th in the east and his numbers are pretty freaking solid ( 23 ppg 5 and 5 with a 59 TS%), He really needs to have a couple of monster games maybe a 50 burger to get him to the ASG over wall. IT is in a huge market, so his 50 pt game means more but if KW strings together some good games this next month his numbers will undeniable. wont even matter if he misses the ASG he'll still make an all nba team.

Reaction Score
Walkers team is still 4th in the east and his numbers are pretty freaking solid ( 23 ppg 5 and 5 with a 59 TS%), He really needs to have a couple of monster games maybe a 50 burger to get him to the ASG over wall. IT is in a huge market, so his 50 pt game means more but if KW strings together some good games this next month his numbers will undeniable. wont even matter if he misses the ASG he'll still make an all nba team.
Also IT is just on an absolute tear of late and without question deserves to be an All Star

Reaction Score
Also IT is just on an absolute tear of late and without question deserves to be an All Star
my point is his 50 point game and scoring woes people because he is in a big market, if IT is on a tear what do you call walker shooting 42% from three while 11th in makes per game? walker IT and wall are all on similar ground.

Reaction Score
my point is his 50 point game and scoring woes people because he is in a big market, if IT is on a tear what do you call walker shooting 42% from three while 11th in makes per game? walker IT and wall are all on similar ground.
Never did I say Walker wasn't killing it, I just said IT was on a tear, moreso at this point thatn Kemba. IT is the most deserving out of the 3 currently IMO.

Reaction Score
Yup. Supposedly C's could have gotten him with #3 (Brown), #16 (French stash) and Crowder

Crazy they passed on that

Brown is terrible, no idea if stash will ever play here and Butler is better than Crowder straight up
If only your troll opinions were ever supported by facts.
IMG_2296.PNG

Reaction Score
Troll is stating opinions? He was the 3rd pick, isn't anything less than 3 a negative? Your genius self says because he's 6th that's good?

He plays a position they have a solid guy (Crowder) @ locked up for 4 years ahead of him. He can't shoot, they needed shooters. It was a terrible pick for them. I would have taken Hield, Chriss, Murray or Bender over him at a minimum, but would have made the deal for Butler in a second.

I also would have taken Skal with either the 16th or 23rd rather than these Euro stashes we'll be lucky to ever see again.

If only your troll opinions were ever supported by facts. View attachment 18216

Reaction Score
Troll is stating opinions? He was the 3rd pick, isn't anything less than 3 a negative? Your genius self says because he's 6th that's good?

He plays a position they have a solid guy (Crowder) @ locked up for 4 years ahead of him. He can't shoot, they needed shooters. It was a terrible pick for them. I would have taken Hield, Chriss, Murray or Bender over him at a minimum, but would have made the deal for Butler in a second.

I also would have taken Skal with either the 16th or 23rd rather than these Euro stashes we'll be lucky to ever see again.
I'm not entirely sold on Brown being a starting-caliber player, but he just turned 20 in October. The fact that you're acting like he's not going to improve proves that you're either 10 years old or don't really follow the NBA. And you clearly don't have a semblance of understanding of the Celtics' lack of open roster spots, which is why they took those two Euro players.

I should've blocked you after you said "the Boston media hates him!!" in your argument against Jaylen, but it's not too late to correct that mistake.

Reaction Score
Lack of roster spots, but let's sign Demetrius Jackson so we can officially start a team of all PGs if we want to

Also, what are they doing with James Young exactly, another terrible pick?

I'm not entirely sold on Brown being a starting-caliber player, but he just turned 20 in October. The fact that you're acting like he's not going to improve proves that you're either 10 years old or don't really follow the NBA. And you clearly don't have a semblance of understanding of the Celtics' lack of open roster spots, which is why they took those two Euro players.

I should've blocked you after you said "the Boston media hates him!!" in your argument against Jaylen, but it's not too late to correct that mistake.

Reaction Score
I'm not entirely sold on Brown being a starting-caliber player, but he just turned 20 in October. The fact that you're acting like he's not going to improve proves that you're either 10 years old or don't really follow the NBA.

And the Celtics organization is far higher on Brown than this clown-cake.

Reaction Score
Brown was a fine pick, especially in what will be deemed one of the worst drafts ever imo. He has physical tools ( real tools, not "enoch tools") and age on his side. All those guys JSM wanted over Brown are actually worst than brown, chriss? really? Its almost like he doesn't realize how old brown is.

Reaction Score
Brown was a fine pick, especially in what will be deemed one of the worst drafts ever imo. He has physical tools ( real tools, not "enoch tools") and age on his side. All those guys JSM wanted over Brown are actually worst than brown, chriss? really? Its almost like he doesn't realize how old brown is.
I like Chriss alot, but I also like Brown alot, think both will be very good.

Reaction Score
Oh, because he's young and can't shoot he can be older and still can't shoot

Chriss is 19

Reaction Score
Sure azzclown, I'm guessing they were high on James Young and RJ Hunter at one point too

what are they supposed to say or do at this point about him? Oh, yes, we drafted a kid who can't shoot, but he's young.

would you rather have Butler over him, the stash and Crowder? Simple question

And the Celtics organization is far higher on Brown than this clown-cake.

Reaction Score
@JSM1970 ainge tried getting butler, it wasn't happening. he made a pretty good draft choice, atleast he didn't get dunn.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Walker cooling down second half of the pre-all star stretch while IT elevating his game during this period may cost Kemba a spot in the ASG, I sure hope not. I really don't see how both KW and IT can get all star bids, they seem to fill the same niche role as stars and guys like Kyrie and Rose will get major votes even if they don't suit up for a single game simply because. Lots of competition for guys this year.

Reaction Score
Walker cooling down second half of the pre-all star stretch while IT elevating his game during this period may cost Kemba a spot in the ASG, I sure hope not. I really don't see how both KW and IT can get all star bids, they seem to fill the same niche role as stars and guys like Kyrie and Rose will get major votes even if they don't suit up for a single game simply because. Lots of competition for guys this year.
IT really scores alot, shoots 90%+ at the line (hence his great TS%) but his overall game is not better than walkers. I have many metrics that back this, including RPM, VORP, and BPM. but people who dont really delve into stats wont get this, they see IT scoring so much and think he's a better player, when actual advanced metrics support its wall vs Walker for second best pg in the east.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom