Natalie Butler, The forgotten woman | The Boneyard

Natalie Butler, The forgotten woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've been reading several of the preseason team reviews (the Sporting News, as far as I know, is the only one that doesn't have UCONN as the preseason number one). However, none of the three written reviews that I've seen have mentioned Butler at all. If she's as good as I think she's going to be, that's a big wild card that most of the "experts" are completely ignoring. Hope she takes that as motivation.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Judging by your thread title your the only one...or once again much ado about nothing.

Sorry, having a hard time comprehending your post; I'm a little dense
Are you objecting to the premise or my reply.

Reaction Score
Sorry, having a hard time comprehending your post; I'm a little dense
Are you objecting to the premise or my reply.

I don't agree with either premise.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
image.jpg

Reaction Score

Either premise ? I can understand not agreeing with Butler being the "forgotten woman" but what's the other premise ?
That msf hasn't forgotten her ? That doesn't make sense.

Reaction Score
Either premise ? I can understand not agreeing with Butler being the "forgotten woman" but what's the other premise ?
That msf hasn't forgotten her ? That doesn't make sense.

The other premise is that she would use that as motivation.

HGN

Reaction Score
Good........ Who cares about the publications. Many are biased for or against certain teams anyway. Let the competition forget who she is what I say. Then she can introduce herself during the games with a big block here , a rebound there , and a jumper in their face.

Then she can gladly introduce herself by saying ......." Hi , I am Natalie Butler , 6'5" center for the Connecticut Huskies , and I am here to stay , and to help win another NC Trophy. Any Objections ?".

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I've been reading several of the preseason team reviews (the Sporting News, as far as I know, is the only one that doesn't have UCONN as the preseason number one). However, none of the three written reviews that I've seen have mentioned Butler at all. If she's as good as I think she's going to be, that's a big wild card that most of the "experts" are completely ignoring. Hope she takes that as motivation.
If you do a quick search of the Boneyard you will find the word forgotten associated with every current players except Stewie & MoJefferson. Go back a few season an the word forgotten was used in relation to MoJefferson-because someone posted that Chong would/should soon replace MoJeff as the starting PG. The title of one thread was "Boykin the forgotten recruit"
Sadie Edwards was also "almost" the forgotten recruit as was KLS-this was clearly in jest. Time to retire the adjective "forgotten" as it relates to players on a UCONN roster IMO. Try using the phrase "less talked about" instead. Seriously Butler is a forgotten woman! Already?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Judging by your thread title your the only one...or once again much ado about nothing.
You replied to the wrong poster. muscat was the poster who started the thread not msf22b. The premises you disagree with were not stated by msf22b. Hence the confusion by a few posters following this post I'm quoting.

I find it interesting that you are making some ado over an "ado about nothing". And even more interesting that I'm adding to the ado(s) and don'ts.

Back to Natalie: I'm really looking forward to see her play for UConn. I've been excited since she transferred. I have no idea whether or not she reads publications about the team. There are people who derive motivation when they feel ignored or slighted. I'm not sure if this is important or not to Natalie.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
@mudcat Love the title. Clever way to introduce the topic.

JMHO FWIW

Reaction Score
I think that Natalie will cement the offense (although we know that, as is, it doesn't need much help) as one of the most impressive in the history of the game. The four returning starters are all serious scoring threats every night out, and Natalie will give them an inside presense that compliments the other four.

I'm most interested to see how her game opens Stewie to play away from the basket. Two years ago Stef allowed her to roam and she had her best scoring year as a collegian. She is arguably a more mature player now and with four other players oncourt with her who will have to be guarded carefully, she might really light it up.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I'm most interested to see how her game opens Stewie to play away from the basket. Two years ago Stef allowed her to roam and she had her best scoring year as a collegian. She is arguably a more mature player now and with four other players oncourt with her who will have to be guarded carefully, she might really light it up.

Stewart's scoring was down last year because she took far fewer shots, a result I think of UConn having more offensive options and blowing more games wide open at an earlier point. Her shooting percentage was 4 point higher than her sophomore year but she took a hundred fewer field goal attempts and thirty fewer free throws.

Personally, I think Stewart is at her best when she both posts up and moves without the ball, then sprinkles in her mid-range and outside game. Tuck has as good an inside game as there is in the country so that area isn't a concern. To me, the offense is better when it moves quickly with a versatile and skilled lineup like last season. IMO, the best offensive starting lineup would include either KLS or Collier.

Reaction Score
I love reading the BY, especially during the off season. However, I cannot understand how some people speculate that KLS or Collier will start this year, especially in the beginning. They have not played a single minute of college ball. And since Geno believes in defense first (reference Saniya ), how does anyone know how either one will play defense at UCONN's level such that he would start KLS or Collier?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I love reading the BY, especially during the off season. However, I cannot understand how some people speculate that KLS or Collier will start this year, especially in the beginning. They have not played a single minute of college ball. And since Geno believes in defense first (reference Saniya ), how does anyone know how either one will play defense at UCONN's level such that he would start KLS or Collier?

Stop applying logic or reason or history. This is a fan board!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
However, I cannot understand how some people speculate that KLS or Collier will start this year, especially in the beginning. They have not played a single minute of college ball. And since Geno believes in defense first (reference Saniya ), how does anyone know how either one will play defense at UCONN's level such that he would start KLS or Collier?
We speculate because UCONN must start 5 players and the roster has more than 5 players that are capable of starting. We speculate because we also don't know if Natalie can/will play defense at "UCONN's level" either. We speculate because it is the off season. We speculate because it is fun and per chance we speculated correctly we get to tell you "I told you so".
For the record: I'm speculating that Collier will be able to play defense and do many more things at the UCONN level & that KLS will be among the elite scorers in WCBB from the start of their college careers. If/when Natalie Butler beats out Collier & KLS for a starting position, this will not make our speculation wrong. It will just make Natalie Butler one hell of a player!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom