Name one UConn player in history to add to this team | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Name one UConn player in history to add to this team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jake, Toraino, or Lyman Depriest. Guys that didn't take any crap from anybody. Just like their coach.

Reaction Score
Edmund Saunders was legit in 1999 and I believe the skill sets he showed that year would fit nicely on this team.

Oh man I agree as I tend to not think of the stars in a thread like this and in turn, the guys who fit in off the bench. He was vastly underrated off the bench, some of his own doing as he could've been a star, but still a guy who would be a wonderful piece on this team no doubt.

Reaction Score
Might have a little recency bias here but I was thinking Shonn Miller

Shonn was our most consistent player last season. If he was a couple inches taller and a couple years younger he would've been an nba draft pick. He caught the foul syndrome from Brimah towards the end of the season, but other than that, he saved uconn in some ways last year.

Reaction Score
Shonn was our most consistent player last season. If he was a couple inches taller and a couple years younger he would've been an nba draft pick. He caught the foul syndrome from Brimah towards the end of the season, but other than that, he saved uconn in some ways last year.

While he was careless at times and reached a bit too much, the guy got called for so many phantom fouls it's amazing the label he had from the stripes too!

Reaction Score
Shonn Miller was consistently getting 2 fouls in the 1st halves of game right from the beginning and his inability to not commit stupid fouls was something he dealt with all season. Hell, for that reason alone he is someone I wouldn't pick.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Rod Sellers (not sure if he was all conference) or Toraino Walker. Hope I'm wrong about this because I want to see some
really aggressive rebounding.

Reaction Score
Title says it all. Which UConn player from past teams would help this team out this coming season the most and why.

RULE: Selected player must not have been an all-conference 1st team player during any of his years at Connecticut.

That being said, I was recently watching some game replays from the 06 team and Rashad Anderson man, just an absolute sniper. Not only a perfect form but confidence in that shot, something guys rarely have, especially on our rosters as of late. I know we are supposed to be bringing in some good shooters in this class but like champs99 said in another thread that I agreed with, it seems like our advertised incoming "shooters" the last 5 years or so have struggled heavily as underclassmen. A guy with experience and aim like Anderson would be huge for next years team, Adams and Gilbert would be looking for Rashad on the perimeter all game long.
Caron Butler..no brainer...low post 3/4 who can rebound and score from anywhere

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Either sophomore year Josh Boone or senior year Hilton Armstrong.

EDIT: Looks like I broke the rule too. I need to learn to count to one.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Caron Butler..no brainer...low post 3/4 who can rebound and score from anywhere
he would be great, but a co-big east player of the year does not qualify given the rules. Charlie V. is the correct answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom