Name one UConn player in history to add to this team | The Boneyard

Name one UConn player in history to add to this team

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Title says it all. Which UConn player from past teams would help this team out this coming season the most and why.

RULE: Selected player must not have been an all-conference 1st team player during any of his years at Connecticut.

That being said, I was recently watching some game replays from the 06 team and Rashad Anderson man, just an absolute sniper. Not only a perfect form but confidence in that shot, something guys rarely have, especially on our rosters as of late. I know we are supposed to be bringing in some good shooters in this class but like champs99 said in another thread that I agreed with, it seems like our advertised incoming "shooters" the last 5 years or so have struggled heavily as underclassmen. A guy with experience and aim like Anderson would be huge for next years team, Adams and Gilbert would be looking for Rashad on the perimeter all game long.

Reaction Score
We do this every year.

I'll say I'm somewhat confident Amida at the five. So I'll Take Donyell Marshall.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Kevin Freeman. Solves the problem of no surefire starter at the 4 and allows Durham/Diarra/Vance to be brought along slowly (something I think KO prefers to do when he has the chance, but may not be able to this year). He'd instantly be the best scorer and rebounder among all of our big men, and given that he has the smarts/mentorship ability to enter coaching after his playing career, I think his tutelage as a senior role model would be immensely helpful for those three.

Rashad is a good pick as well.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
image.jpg

For immediate swag and street cred,
This is the guy. Ayatollah baseline controller.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Uncle Cliffy. Can play him at the 4 or 5, and he'd be our best player at both ends of the court. He's basically the player we hope Durham can become.

(I don't remember him making 1st team all conference and can't check to be sure right now)

Reaction Score
Uncle Cliffy. Can play him at the 4 or 5, and he'd be our best player at both ends of the court. He's basically the player we hope Durham can become.

(I don't remember him making 1st team all conference and can't check to be sure right now)
Cliffy was never first team All-Big East but Selvie was a far better player and maybe our most versatile player ever.

Reaction Score
We have needed a Rashad Anderson for the last few years.

A shooter that is so confident that he can take a mean tongue lashing from coach and not care at all...and go back to draining 3s like its nothing.

Reaction Score
Josh Boone. Defensive presence, rebounder, and reliable scorer around the rim. Creates great depth up front and protects Brimah from his foul trouble issues. Allows KO to have great versatility with line up creation.

Rashad adds a 3 point threat but that's all he ever was. Not a great defender, slow footed, no handle or passing. This team needs someone that does more than that. They already have Vance who can be a similar player.

Side note. Rashad form was far from picturesque. It's not something a shooting coach would teach. The no rotation on his shots was also not something you teach in shooting

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The team needs a 1st team all conference 4. Otherwise what is the point? We have enough other guys, we need a star, preferably one that scores in the post and rebounds.

Reaction Score
This guy. But he was All Yankee Conference so doesn't qualify. Would have been a great 3 pt shooter. If he had the 3 pt shot Tony Hanson would not have broken his scoring record.

9339200.jpeg

Reaction Score
Josh Boone. Defensive presence, rebounder, and reliable scorer around the rim. Creates great depth up front and protects Brimah from his foul trouble issues. Allows KO to have great versatility with line up creation.

Rashad adds a 3 point threat but that's all he ever was. Not a great defender, slow footed, no handle or passing. This team needs someone that does more than that. They already have Vance who can be a similar player.

Side note. Rashad form was far from picturesque. It's not something a shooting coach would teach. The no rotation on his shots was also not something you teach in shooting

Josh Boone. As methodology said, he's good defensively, a good rebounder, and a decent scorer. Boone + Brimah on defense would be a nightmare for opponents.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Boone, Souley, Gavin. But id take Toraino or Rod Sellers in a pinch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom