Naismith candidates midterm--who belongs? Who doesn't? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Naismith candidates midterm--who belongs? Who doesn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
She has a good chance of being in the top 5 or First Team AA. Almost a lock to be in top 10.

As longas she is is top ten that would be great. She'll get her name on the wall if she is top ten.

You were saying Jonquel Jones. We also have Stewie, MoJeff, Wilson, and Kelsey Mitchell. So that is top 5.

What about Turner? What about Tiff Mitchell from USC? What about Rachel Banham? What about Walker-Kimbrough? Nina Davis? Jillian Alleyne? Jamie Weisner? Azura? Brittney Martin?

She's a near lock to beat most of the above names out and be in the 6-10 range?

Reaction Score
I'm wondering if Moriah will win the Dawn Staley Award this year or will they again award it to Tiffany Mitchell who plays for Dawn.
I thought Moriah should have won the DS award last year.IMO Stewie Mo and Morgan are the 3 best players in wcbb this year!I would put Wilson on 1st team but not Mitchell.

Reaction Score
How is Tuck's chances of being in the the top ten so she can get her name on the wall?
With her performance against SC, I think Tuck stuck her finger in the face of every voter and DARED them not to put her on first team.

Show me one 4 who can play on her level, AND is a great a Leader as she is on the court. There isn't one out there. She is a first team AA; this year, UConn puts 3 on that squad. Moriah, Kelsey Mitchell, Stewie, Tuck, Wilson.

Reaction Score
With her performance against SC, I think Tuck stuck her finger in the face of every voter and DARED them not to put her on first team.

Show me one 4 who can play on her level, AND is a great a Leader as she is on the court. There isn't one out there. She is a first team AA; this year, UConn puts 3 on that squad. Moriah, Kelsey Mitchell, Stewie, Tuck, Wilson.

As much as the rest of the country would love to stick it to UConn during the award hand outs it can't be done. Any and everyone who follows women's college bball knows how great Morgan Tuck is. It's an absurdity to even suggest there are 5 better players in the country than her, and she's this good on one leg!!!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
If Morgan is perceived as a top 10 player nationally, she qualifies as WBCA AA and thus also qualifies for the Huskies of Honor wall as a result. Bria's 2012 WBCA status and KML getting the same recognition in 2013 got them both on the Wall in their respective senior days/nights.

If Morgan gets WBCA AA and stays, she'd get on the wall next year on Senior Day/Night. If, however, she leaves for the WNBA after this season, Uconn will find a way to add her to the wall. Could be during an NC celebration, some small event next season, whatever. They'll just have to get creative.

Reaction Score
It seems that the voters (pundits, some coaches, etc.) realize that UConn can not be defeated ON THE COURT. So they do the next best thing (in their minds) and subjectively choose players from other teams to overshadow UConn. IMO LLoyd was chosen in that vein, Mitchell for SC, and I am sure other posters can think of more.
They should create another award called "The Non UConn Player Of The Year" or NUPOY. This way the rest of the bunch can fight it out with sort of an asteric * and the winner can still feel good and UConn won't be hated so much. Then the POY will only go to a UConn player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom