Naheim Alleyne to St. John's | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Naheim Alleyne to St. John's

Reaction Score
With all the perimeter players St. John's is getting now (after Alleyne committed to them when it seemed like they had nobody), I wonder if he's regretting his decision. It seems possible, maybe even likely, that he gets fewer minutes this year than last.

Reaction Score
With all the perimeter players St. John's is getting now (after Alleyne committed to them when it seemed like they had nobody), I wonder if he's regretting his decision. It seems possible, maybe even likely, that he gets fewer minutes this year than last.

I have been thinking about this as well. There is a scenario where he could have started for us next year.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Maybe I’m just old school, but intra-conference transfers seem so weird to me.
In this case it's not weird. Alleyne will get the minutes at St John's that he could not get at Uconn. He will be playing for a Hall of Fame coach in the Big Apple. Not a Pitino fan but the guy can coach. I think Alleyne will be a steadying influence and bring maturity to a team that needs it badly. We will get to see how this works out with a couple of home and away games. Welcome to the Portal. The Portal gives and the Portal takes. Wish them the best except when they play us.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Should be cheered and booed on alternating possessions when he returns to play at Gampel. Not only it is fair, it probably messes with his head.
I doubt it will mess with his head. But it may mess with our heads. ;)

Reaction Score
Please don’t boo the kid, that would be PC Cuse like. Not at all UConn like.

Yup, he deserves total praise; he was huge off the bench during the tourney. I don't blame him for jumping to another school where he felt like he could get 30mpg. Even with our sitch now, not sure that would have happened for him.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Please don’t boo the kid, that would be PC Cuse like. Not at all UConn like.
I agree about not booing him. What I meant was it may well mess with our heads that we let him get away. He was a great force for us throughout the season and his loss will be multiplied if we lose as many as I think we might. One of my favorite unheralded players. A real gamer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom