Naheim Alleyne to St. John's | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Naheim Alleyne to St. John's

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
@August_West dealing the truth. The dynasty is established. Pitino is no threat to it. People better get used players transferring wherever TF they want. It is the new normal. Personally, I can't thank Alleyne enough for helping us win a championship. I will cheer for him every game that he isn't playing against us.

Reaction Score
This move is head scratcher. Playing against us twice a year, really?
What is not to respect with the new world order of college basketball? Oops maybe three times should we meet in the tourney. ;)
Since when have we started viewing St Johns as rivals? They've been irrelevant all my life.
You have obviously had a shorter life than some on this forum. Good for you and I hope it is a healthy one!
UConn lost to St Johns this year.
Common sense on The BoneYard..... How dare you! :D
whatever happened to going to another conference?
It has passed you by. ;)

The vitriol towards a guy like Alleyene, who helped us win a championship, is amazing!
Welcome to our world ..... sadly. :confused: :(

Reaction Score
What is not to respect with the new world order of college basketball? Oops maybe three times should we meet in the tourney. ;)

You have obviously had a shorter life than some on this forum. Good for you and I hope it is a healthy one!

Common sense on The BoneYard..... How dare you! :D

It has passed you by. ;)

The vitriol towards a guy like Alleyene, who helped us win a championship, is amazing!
Welcome to our world ..... sadly. :confused: :(
He was an awesome teammate who
bought in and was an integral part of our team. He got caught in a numbers crunch and will be missed.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I officially hate the prospect of facing Naheim in any game against the Huskies.

I hate, exponentially, the prospect of facing Naheim in conference play.

He was a headache for our opponents this year.

I hate that he would be a headache for us going forward.

Nonetheless, I am happy for him that he has an opportunity to get starter's minutes going forward.

Meh.

Nice kid, thanks for the memories, best of luck.

But he’s not going to keep people up at night. He’s a nice piece off the bench, but he averaged five points a game here on some pretty dismal numbers - 36% from the field, 30% from three.

I don’t think he’s a starter for a good team - Virginia Tech had come to the same conclusion which is why we got him in the portal. Just doesn’t do enough to have him out there for 30 mins a night - I suspect this will not be the greatest move for him.

Reaction Score
Meh.

Nice kid, thanks for the memories, best of luck.

But he’s not going to keep people up at night. He’s a nice piece off the bench, but he averaged five points a game here on some pretty dismal numbers - 36% from the field, 30% from three.

I don’t think he’s a starter for a good team - Virginia Tech had come to the same conclusion which is why we got him in the portal. Just doesn’t do enough to have him out there for 30 mins a night - I suspect this will not be the greatest move for him.
I kind of agree. I felt that way most of the season. However, over the last month he seemed to show more. He had a tendency to take and make big shots and to make other critical plays. I’m not losing sleep over him leaving, but I won’t be surprised if he turns out to be better than I thought he would be.

Reaction Score
As a fresh defensive player off the bench in limited minutes he was critical in helping to achieve the title. May not translate to big productive minutes as a starter but the incoming class needs minutes and even that will be a challenge for Danny.

Reaction Score
I kind of agree. I felt that way most of the season. However, over the last month he seemed to show more. He had a tendency to take and make big shots and to make other critical plays. I’m not losing sleep over him leaving, but I won’t be surprised if he turns out to be better than I thought he would be.
Kids goal has to be to get better as a player and he's challenging himself. First he took a secondary role on a great team, struggled then succeeded. Now he's trying for increased responsibility, more shots and see if he can take what he learned last year in a limited role and do it over 2 x the minutes. Very understandable development move - no guarantee of success but if he works like he did at UConn can definitely improve in an expanded role.

Reaction Score
I was surprised he was rated number 100 in ESPN's "Men's college basketball transfer rankings for the 2023-24 season" - I think he is way better than that. I think these rankings were a pile of hot garbage.

Timberlake checked in at 42

Nembhard 3
Bamba 18
Dunn 27
Epps 32
Murry 38
Storr 39
Lukosius 49
Bynum 51

Reaction Score
As a fresh defensive player off the bench in limited minutes he was critical in helping to achieve the title. May not translate to big productive minutes as a starter but the incoming class needs minutes and even that will be a challenge for Danny.
75% of his collegiate career was as a starter averaging around double digit scoring, 37-40% from three, on a team better than what St Johns will be next year

He’s certainly not going to be the #1 option, but I wouldn’t be surprised if last season was Nahiem’s worst individual stats season of his career. All is forgiven because he was a key piece to a title, and obviously his impact was so much higher than his box score, but he should be a very productive starter next year that will hopefully open up some pro prospects afterwards

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Do you think he started recruiting Alleyne in the receiving line after the loss?
No. But I think he liked what he observed in Alleyne’s tournament play to recognize he had an opportunity to get a very good experienced player.

Reaction Score
No. But I think he liked what he observed in Alleyne’s tournament play to recognize he had an opportunity to get a very good experienced player.
Try it another way / do you think Pitino is capable of that?

Reaction Score
Try it another way / do you think Pitino is capable of that?
That’s rhetorical, correct? Rick Pitino is a very good basketball coach, all his personal flaws aside, but we really think there are act that aren’t literally criminal that are beyond him?

Reaction Score
That’s rhetorical, correct? Rick Pitino is a very good basketball coach, all his personal flaws aside, but we really think there are act that aren’t literally criminal that are beyond him?
Calhoun said Pitino was a very good coach but he wouldn’t have a drink with him like he would Calipari.

Reaction Score
Pitino is filling up the SJU roster with 3 point shooters , Soriano will be a monster next season with all those 3 point shooters. With the exception of Storr, the guys leaving SJU weren't good shooters. The new guys coming in can shoot the 3 and have good free throw percentages. 5 more players to go , Pitino is doing the best he can.

Reaction Score
I wish him well and a big thanks. Just wondering what the actual difference in PT would be had he stayed?

Reaction Score
NA proved he can be an very important piece in a championship team. We all owe him a debt of gratitude. He has all the skills to be a college starter, good defense, good mid-range and three point shot. I hope he succeeds at St John's except when he's playing us.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Should be cheered and booed on alternating possessions when he returns to play at Gampel. Not only it is fair, it probably messes with his head.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom