My Warde Take | Page 4 | The Boneyard

My Warde Take

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I would add this:

I went to Columbia for my MBA. I give them almost nothing. One of the reasons is out of sight / out of mind. If I was on campus for FB/BB games all of the time, there is no question that I would give more money to the school. I can honestly say that money that I give to the Accounting Department at UCONN is directly related to the level of involvement I have with UCONN, which in a large part is centered around athletics.

Reaction Score
I would add this:

I went to Columbia for my MBA. I give them almost nothing. One of the reasons is out of sight / out of mind. If I was on campus for FB/BB games all of the time, there is no question that I would give more money to the school. I can honestly say that money that I give to the Accounting Department at UCONN is directly related to the level of involvement I have with UCONN, which in a large part is centered around athletics.

I agree 100%! I've never given a penny to RIT ... although I was very proud of the frozen four bid! My money ends up at UCONN because I watched Earl Kelly pour in 35 points against Holy Cross at the field house in 1983. And I've been hooked ever since ...

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, I haven't had time to really dig into the numbers and peel off the accounting gimmicks that are systematic of CT govt - and I agree some subsidy is not a deal breaker - but the magnitude at first degree is sobering and a red flag that it's not sustainable especially once the one time benefits from BE exit fees are excluded.
While I have seen improvement with AD marketing and a willingness to try new approaches - until I see less empty seats - my praise is restrained - in the business World their compensation would be tied to such metrics.

C

Chief00

I agree 100%! I've never given a penny to RIT ... although I was very proud of the frozen four bid! My money ends up at UCONN because I watched Earl Kelly pour in 35 points against Holy Cross at the field house in 1983. And I've been hooked ever since ...
I heard last weekend Earl can actually still play a little for an old guy.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, I haven't had time to really dig into the numbers and peel off the accounting gimmicks that are systematic of CT govt - and I agree some subsidy is not a deal breaker - but the magnitude at first degree is sobering and a red flag that it's not sustainable especially once the one time benefits from BE exit fees are excluded.
While I have seen improvement with AD marketing and a willingness to try new approaches - until I see less empty seats - my praise is restrained - in the business World their compensation would be tied to such metrics.

Let's be clear. I'm not praising Warde. I'm also not blaming him for a situation that he didn't create.

BTW - I don't know what you do for a living but that's a pretty naive assumption as to how he would get measured in the business world. You'd be surprised how comp plans are structured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom