My UCONN Bucket List | Page 2 | The Boneyard

My UCONN Bucket List

Reaction Score
I worked along side of him while he and I picked tobacco in Simsbury and Granby(.25/hr)--over a half century ago. A much as has been written about bias and prejudice -- was not prevalent in Ct--kids with young adults (they) are very accepting.

If Dreams/aspirations/desires were outlawed--few things in this life would be accomplished.
Brought back memories. Fellow tobacco picker class of 1958( one summer was enough)

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
I Would like to see a game this year where any of the following is accomplished;
(1) Gabby Williams record a Quadruple Double
(2) Two or more players register a triple double in the same game
(3) As a team UCONN commits Zero Turnover and Zero Fouls
(4) Every player on the roster scores 10 or more points..

Does anyone else besides me believe that these are all attainable or am I just day dreaming? :cool:
I'll settle for another undefeated championship season!

Reaction Score
Brought back memories. Fellow tobacco picker class of 1958( one summer was enough)
I did it for 3 summers 10 years prior. In terms of dirty--I never ever had a job quite so dirty--tobacco, nicotine black tar in the hair and on the clothing--Mom made me wear (to work) the same dirty stuff for 5 days then she'd wash them and back again on monday. First place to head for after the bus ride for nearly 40 minutes home--was Middle Pond and look for a bar of used soap. It really was fun!!

Reaction Score
Bucket list for UCONN? Easy, have Geno able to and want to coach for another... 10 years. Yea, that ought to about do it.
I believe, and the phone line does not run through Geno's office, that if Geno is happy and he's got a group of kids, like the current group--he'll stay --until his wife says enough is enough--buy a nice villa in Italy and spend half a year and a half a year. He could become Mayor of Turazi (sp)--

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I would like to see Uconn in the Stockton regional.
Of course only a handful of the BY faithful would agree :cool:

ochoopsfan and I are in very close proximity to one another (we share the same county boundary line), so UConn coming out west would really work for us. Stockton is a whole lot closer to us than Bridgeport. UConn in the Stockton regional would be nirvana for us. Stockton is practically in my backyard. Only 369 miles away (an easy 6.5 hr drive), as opposed to 2817 miles to Bridgeport, Ct.

A bucket list wish for me (us) is for UConn to win their 12th NC this year, then come to So Cal next year for a 3 game swing through the Southland by playing UCLA, USC and Long Beach St. All 3 venues are within a 90 minute drive for me. UConn would draw large crowds at all three sites. There are a lot of UConn fans here in So. Cal. Of course I'd attend all 3, and save a lot of money versus flying to Hartford for two games in Storrs. Am I right ochoopsfan? :rolleyes:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
My Bucket list is to get our NC this year by beating

1) Tenn
2) Syracuse
3) Stanford (A little Samuelson rivalry)
4) Multiple beat down between MD, Baylor or ND in FF.

Reaction Score
Does anyone else besides me believe that these are all attainable or am I just day dreaming? :cool:

Both!

Reaction Score
I'd like to see Natalie get back to playing like she's played a couple of games earlier this year; Molly play like she's a credible alternative at guard; and Kyla play like she could be sent in for 5-8 decent minutes in a competitive game.

Because if UConn got that, there'd be no need for any other bucket list...

Natalie is playing hard and contributing as much as she can. Unfortunately, she is limited by a lack of athleticism and has poor hands.

Neither Molly or Kyla is able at this stage to really compete at this level and haven't show anything to indicate that they will later in the season. Dangerfield should be able to give Geno good point guard minutes when she recovers from her injury

Tournament time it will be the starting 5 plus minutes for Butler and Dangerfield.

Our only hope for a National Championship is if there are no injuries to the starting 5 and that they don't get into foul trouble

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom