My top 3 with some sort of possibility | Page 2 | The Boneyard

My top 3 with some sort of possibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My current favorite (can't claim this as my original idea, as I got it from a close friend who is an OSU fan)?

Luke Fickell. Making $750,000 as Urban Meyer's second fiddle.

Absolutely not. I usually hate the "insider info" posts, but i have nip this in the bud. I live in Columbus and know numerous people who have had countless dealing with Fickell. He is said to be an absolute and a bully to the ultimate degree. Trust me this would be a huge no-no. There's a reason nobody hired him after he was the interim at tOSU.

Reaction Score
I like it, still cant figure out how we had such a nasty defense last year and still only won 5 games.
We should have played dirty and took Addazio right after he got the Temple job when our opening appeared late after RE!He stole DB from us so lets return Dazzes favor and hire him as HC?He's the reason they're recruiting well(BC) with the "be a dude" slogan!!

Reaction Score
How about Eric Mangini? It's just fiddling around with the 49ers right now as their "Offensive Senior Consultant"

Reaction Score
Alabama assistant coach and ex RU assistant C Mario Cristobal?(although he's a he's a great recruiter and knows NY/NJ and S.Fla)Beware,his wife is ambitious Ha Ha!

Reaction Score
Absolutely not. I usually hate the "insider info" posts, but i have nip this in the bud. I live in Columbus and know numerous people who have had countless dealing with Fickell. He is said to be an absolute and a bully to the ultimate degree. Trust me this would be a huge no-no. There's a reason nobody hired him after he was the interim at tOSU.

I'll take your word for it - I just saw the experience at a major, major program in a region with critical recruiting ties, and his age, and thought he would be a good fit. I did not know your backstory.

Reaction Score
Hi...my name is Turner Gill and I'm the new head football coach at UConn in 2014.

Reaction Score
Don't worry about JS as arrogance is his calling card!How about Don Brown?He can choose an innovative OC and get our D back to his standards.

Our D? Really sparky? Good grief.....

Reaction Score
Our D? Really sparky? Good grief.....
Hello,Hello,Hellooooo.....3 blind mice..see how they run..Yes,OUR D stupid?Still can't figure out I care?Then hang it up!!Can you chew gum and walk at the same time?Everyone here but you knows I'm an RU fan who just happens to like UConn!Or are you just a hater?We are on the UConn site BY talking about HCing possibilities still?You know sports,FB,among mostly fans and friends of UConn?

Reaction Score
Whitey Bulger?
No,did you see the movie "The Jerk"?His family(black) who adopted him tell's Navin before he go's on his own at 40 to watch out for whitey cause he thinks he's black!!Great movie AND avatar!!

Reaction Score
The new phone books are in!!!
Ha Ha I love that avatar and movie....watch out for a moving church!!Hey,the cans are exploding!!!Steve Martin is amazing....how about Planes,Trains and Automobiles with him and John Candy?

Reaction Score
Ha Ha I love that avatar and movie....watch out for a moving church!!Hey,the cans are exploding!!!Steve Martin is amazing....how about Planes,Trains and Automobiles with him and John Candy?

He really likes these oil cans. Haven't seen either of those movies in a while. I do see Turner Gill as a finalist for this job come December. He has had 1 winning season at the 1-A level.

Reaction Score
Right, and you think there's no chance any would leave to take on the challenge of UConn in the AAC with a dominant bball team that garners some national exposure?

He thinks that, I think that, and we are right.

Reaction Score
He really likes these oil cans. Haven't seen either of those movies in a while. I do see Turner Gill as a finalist for this job come December. He has had 1 winning season at the 1-A level.
He'd be a good,vanilla type hire and I think he'd do better here than in Buffalo plus he can recruit well!!That's most important!I'd like to see someone with a buzz get hired!!BTW,I see repeats of those movies quite often but I was on 42nd st in "80" or so and didn't like the name of the movie,Trains,Plane etc so I figured it must be good HaHa...I went in the morning and watched it 3'4 times and came out at night!!Been hooked on Martin and Candy ever since!

Reaction Score
I've been thinking about this like most everyone here, who would I like to see us get as a new HC, with a reasonable shot at getting them to come to Storrs. I know its a long shot on any of them, but with them out of football right now I have to think there's a shot.

Tressel
Petrino
Leach

First and foremost, UCONN is going to have to decide what it wants for its FB program. Primarily, that means what the University is willing to do to increase the the pool of available prospective players. I'm not talking about admitting the functionally illiterate or felons. The SEC and some schools in the Big-12 can have those guys. I'm not talking about fake courses or grades. I'm talking about what ever it is that a Michigan, Cal Berkeley and other "publics" do to both admit players and allow them to earn meaningful Degrees. Hell, throw in the some of the "privates," schools like Stanford and ND, as examples of schools that get players without (so far, anyway) selling their souls.

A good coach, a coach we want, will want to know if the school will provide him the opportunity to get the talent he needs to win. It's a fair question; especially as it relates to UCONN. A prospective coach can see what happened to PP. To us, PP is a horrible coach. Unfortunately, for us, PP has references inside the coaching fraternity that really respect him, as a coach. More problematic are reports that one of the reasons RE bolted was increasing difficulty getting players admitted. True? I saw it referenced in the print media, at least, twice. So, who knows?

I do know this, however. Attempting to be (cliche warning!!!) Harvard, Monday thru Friday and Alabama on Saturday doesn't work in big-time college FB. It creates a pre-Schiano Rutgers type coach's graveyard. UCONN needs an energetic, charismatic coach that can sell the UCONN dream. That guy isn't coming to a school that places unrealistic restrictions on the player pool.

So, UCONN. What do you want UCONN FB to be?

Reaction Score
First and foremost, UCONN is going to have to decide what it wants for its FB program. Primarily, that means what the University is willing to do to increase the the pool of available prospective players. I'm not talking about admitting the functionally illiterate or felons. The SEC and some schools in the Big-12 can have those guys. I'm not talking about fake courses or grades. I'm talking about what ever it is that a Michigan, Cal Berkeley and other "publics" do to both admit players and allow them to earn meaningful Degrees. Hell, throw in the some of the "privates," schools like Stanford and ND, as examples of schools that get players without (so far, anyway) selling their souls.

A good coach, a coach we want, will want to know if the school will provide him the opportunity to get the talent he needs to win. It's a fair question; especially as it relates to UCONN. A prospective coach can see what happened to PP. To us, PP is a horrible coach. Unfortunately, for us, PP has references inside the coaching fraternity that really respect him, as a coach. More problematic are reports that one of the reasons RE bolted was increasing difficulty getting players admitted. True? I saw it referenced in the print media, at least, twice. So, who knows?

I do know this, however. Attempting to be (cliche warning!!!) Harvard, Monday thru Friday and Alabama on Saturday doesn't work in big-time college FB. It creates a pre-Schiano Rutgers type coach's graveyard. UCONN needs an energetic, charismatic coach that can sell the UCONN dream. That guy isn't coming to a school that places unrealistic restrictions on the player pool.

So, UCONN. What do you want UCONN FB to be?

wait - what about slush funds, cash, new cars and strippers?

Yeah, I know - that's so 1980's SMU, and Miami south beach. We are Connecticut Yankees and need to do things on the straight and narrow. LOL.

I joke, but you are completely correct. The school at the highest levels, needs to study what the others that we are to compete with, are doing.

But back to those new cars, envelopes with cash and strippers...... It still boggles my mind when I take the time to think about it, that we are in the same football conference with SMU.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Gotta go with youth, and energy to connect with the kids and know how to recruit in this century... Something the Retirement Crew (PP & GDL) never could do:

1. Luke Fickel (Ohio State DC)
2. Pat Narduzzi (Michigan State DC)
3. Scott Frost (Oregon OC)
4. DJ Durkin (Florida DC)

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Hi...my name is Turner Gill and I'm the new head football coach at UConn in 2014.
God, I hope not... that would be a terrible choice for UConn. I don't care if he's boys with WM. Dude was a laughing stock at Kansas and has been out of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom