My top 3 with some sort of possibility | The Boneyard

My top 3 with some sort of possibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've been thinking about this like most everyone here, who would I like to see us get as a new HC, with a reasonable shot at getting them to come to Storrs. I know its a long shot on any of them, but with them out of football right now I have to think there's a shot.

Tressel
Petrino
Leach

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
I would love to see Petrino. Or SOMEONE offensive minded.

Reaction Score
I've been thinking about this like most everyone here, who would I like to see us get as a new HC, with a reasonable shot at getting them to come to Storrs. I know its a long shot on any of them, but with them out of football right now I have to think there's a shot.

Tressel
Petrino
Leach

Leach is the head coach at Washington State.

Petrine is the Head coach at WKU.

Tressel is part of Operation Cocoon at Akron.

Reaction Score

Tressel
Petrino
Leach

Is that you Mr Lagow?

Reaction Score

Tressel
Petrino
Leach

and why is Leach making $2.3m leaving Wazzou?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Michigan St DC Pat Narduzzi and soon to be fired Tampa coach Greg Schiano would be on my list. Let's see who is available at the end of the season though.

I would be open to Tressel. We're stuck in AAC purgatory until at least 2017 anyway. MIght as well make a national statement.

Reaction Score
Leach is the head coach at Washington State.

Petrine is the Head coach at WKU.

Tressel is part of Operation Cocoon at Akron.

Right, and you think there's no chance any would leave to take on the challenge of UConn in the AAC with a dominant bball team that garners some national exposure?

Reaction Score
Right, and you think there's no chance any would leave to take on the challenge of UConn in the AAC with a dominant bball team that garners some national exposure?

You already exposed yourself lol. Enjoy your short stay here.

Reaction Score
You already exposed yourself lol. Enjoy your short stay here.

Exposed myself as what? Both a bball and football fan? Or someone that would like to see a coach with a decent track record that can do what should have been done 3 years ago? Or maybe I've been exposed for thinking that today, with this latest news is a good day full of hope for a football team that had a 60+ year old man taking a dump on it for the last 2 1/3 seasons? That while its not a top tier program, we still are D1 with an outside chance of someday making the playoffs? If that's what I'm exposed as I'll take it.

Reaction Score

Tressel - PP 2.0 plus show-cause
Petrino - Pure (or impure) unadulterated (or adulterated) sleeze
Leach - Is UConn even a step up? He's making more than we could or would pay him. Plus, he may be insane.
Freigden - Not what we need at all.
Schiano - Really?? Is this real life??

Narduzzi is legit and actually a possibility. One of the better options i have heard so far. This is the kind of guy we need to look at.

Reaction Score
Tressel - PP 2.0 plus show-cause
Petrino - Pure (or impure) unadulterated (or adulterated) sleeze
Leach - Is UConn even a step up? He's making more than we could or would pay him. Plus, he may be insane.
Freigden - Not what we need at all.
Schiano - Really?? Is this real life??

Narduzzi is legit and actually a possibility. One of the better options i have heard so far. This is the kind of guy we need to look at.

I agree with the first 3. Your reasons above are exactly why we may be able to get one of them. I don't care if a coach wants to have an affair with some 20 year old volleyball player. I think Petrino got fired more because he lied about it and it was a black eye to Arkansas. You may be correct in Tressel = PP 2.0, but he did have some decent seasons with Ohio if I remember correctly? Leach, the guy was a genius at Tech completely revamped college offenses before he was let go. What I'm getting at is we might have a shot with one of the "disgraced" coaches from big time programs that want to keep coaching, and trying to get back to that level. UConn's always been a stepping stone, why not let one of them come in and bring the program up while trying to move up again?

Reaction Score
My current favorite (can't claim this as my original idea, as I got it from a close friend who is an OSU fan)?

Luke Fickell. Making $750,000 as Urban Meyer's second fiddle.

Reaction Score
I have no interest in these coordinators like Narduzzi or Diaco who have been passed over for other jobs for years now.

Reaction Score
I have no interest in these coordinators like Narduzzi or Diaco who have been passed over for other jobs for years now.

but you dont think we can get a coach with baggage who may want to move up again? Who does that leave? An internal hire? A HC from... where?

Reaction Score
but you dont think we can get a coach with baggage who may want to move up again? Who does that leave? An internal hire? A HC from... where?

No offense....you seem like a decent enough fella. But I really can't seriously discuss this with someone who wants Lane Kiffin or Mike Leach to be considered here.

Reaction Score
No doubt in my mind that the next HC will be an offensive-minded coach. Right now, I am liking a person like (NOTE: this is just the type of coach I am thinking of) 49ers OC, Greg Roman. New Jersey guy, had major success recruiting at Stanford.

For the DC job, what about going back in time to Scott Lakatos? He is currently the secondary coach at UGA and a former UConn coach.

Reaction Score
No offense....you seem like a decent enough fella. But I really can't seriously discuss this with someone who wants Lane Kiffin or Mike Leach to be considered here.

Mike Leach is one thing, but where do you see that I want Lane Kiffin? I'll admit the thought crossed my mind, he did have a winning record at USC, but the 3 I posted originally have fallen considerably, why shouldn't we kick the tires, see if there's any interest?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
No doubt in my mind that the next HC will be an offensive-minded coach. Right now, I am liking a person like (NOTE: this is just the type of coach I am thinking of) 49ers OC, Greg Roman. New Jersey guy, had major success recruiting at Stanford.

For the DC job, what about going back in time to Scott Lakatos? He is currently the secondary coach at UGA and a former UConn coach.
I like the Lakatos idea. Also, he was a linebacker and captain at Western (for Coach Pasqualoni....) in the mid-80s with my cousin. He was a tough, gutty player. Maybe the Coach P. connection isn't the best thing on your resume now.

Reaction Score
I have but three requirements that I would like to see met in a new head coach.

#1. Successful recruiting experience in our primary areas of recruiting.
#2. Demonstrable ability to connect with current collegiate age students to motivate for success in the classroom and on the field.
#3. Palpable energy and enthusiasm at all times, in all forms of communication, spoken and unspoken.

It's up to Manuel, to determine what kinds of x's and o's, filling out a staff, etc. would entail. But for me, those three are things I'm looking for.

Reaction Score
Mike Leach is one thing, but where do you see that I want Lane Kiffin? I'll admit the thought crossed my mind, he did have a winning record at USC, but the 3 I posted originally have fallen considerably, why shouldn't we kick the tires, see if there's any interest?
Don't worry about JS as arrogance is his calling card!How about Don Brown?He can choose an innovative OC and get our D back to his standards.

Reaction Score
Don't worry about JS as arrogance is his calling card!How about Don Brown?He can choose an innovative OC and get our D back to his standards.

I like it, still cant figure out how we had such a nasty defense last year and still only won 5 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom