Ucla
Texas
Tennessee
Florida St
Stanford
Washington
Syracuse
Mississippi State

Just my thought for now until I investigate & research some more. Don't hit me now.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
You could probably change any of the top 5 and have a good argument. For me, until UCONN is beaten you should remain at number 1. Despite the loss of the Big 3, no team has proven that it can beat UCONN and until someone does UCONN is number 1 on my list.

Reaction Score
You could probably change any of the top 5 and have a good argument. For me, until UCONN is beaten you should remain at number 1. Despite the loss of the Big 3, no team has proven that it can beat UCONN and until someone does UCONN is number 1 on my list.

Makes sense to me

Reaction Score
It's entirely unfair to ask this--why should that stop anyone?--but do you intend this as a final ranking at the end of 2016/17, the opening ranking, or sometime in the middle? I ask this, because once the tournament starts, the psychology of teams change. UConn, for example, will play with more experience and confidence (and perhaps less pressure because of lower expectations) than some other teams near the top of this list.

Reaction Score
From my point of view, these are "start of season" guestimates. I figure UConn starts at 7 or 8 and then loses a game or two during the season to one of the better programs (Notre Dame, So. Carolina, whichever) then ends the season at 3 or 4, gets a #1 seed and gets to the FF. Seeing what happened to the other #1 seeds this year, UConn could well be the favorite at that point to win the NC. And their coach(es) will have them better prepared than any other team in the country. Next year will be way fun. Not much to lose and lots to gain.

Reaction Score
South Carolina
Notre Dame
Baylor
Maryland
Uconn
Louisville
Ohio State
Ucla
Texas
Tennessee
Florida St
Stanford
Washington
Syracuse
Mississippi State

Just my thought for now until I investigate & research some more. Don't hit me now.

I would flip UConn and South Carolina
I would flip Maryland and Ohio State
I would flip Louisville and Texas

But this looks good.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
The top 5-6 are probably interchangeable. Personally, I hope we don't start the season off as preseason #1...

Reaction Score
The top 5-6 are probably interchangeable. Personally, I hope we don't start the season off as preseason #1...

South Carolina has two players who rode the bench this year due to transfer. Two players who are much better than the ones who just departed. Let me say again....(1) is A Former Top 5, ranked #3 in her class, and the other who transfered from NC is a Top 10, #7 or 8th overall in her class.

South Carolina will improve. If not, then I don't know what to tell you. However, Notre Dame will be loaded. They will Give you a run for your money, as well Uconn because they will not lay down to no one at all. They will always gut it out being coached by a great coaching staff.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yes - rather interesting that the Pac12 with two teams in the FF is shut out of the top 7.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
South Carolina has two players who rode the bench this year due to transfer. Two players who are much better than the ones who just departed. Let me say again....(1) is A Former Top 5, ranked #3 in her class, and the other who transfered from NC is a Top 10, #7 or 8th overall in her class.

South Carolina will improve. If not, then I don't know what to tell you. However, Notre Dame will be loaded. They will Give you a run for your money, as well Uconn because they will not lay down to no one at all. They will always gut it out being coached by a great coaching staff.
Sorry, but PG play is more important than anything else, and SC has a transition to a player that has yet to shown she is capable, and however high you are on the incoming players, even with a down year Mitchell showed more in her college career (and earlier) than either of them has yet. They are also losing a very serviceable reserve post player (who starred against uconn.) I am not sure anyone can predict with confidence SC being better next year. We shall see.

Last edited:

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Rankings don't mean except maybe to fans.

That said - UConn should be ranked #1 until another team proves that they are better. Roster doesn't mean squat - just look at UTenn. I think too many fans are buying too much of the lowered expectations kool aid.

UConn will field a team that will not be as good as this year. That's a given. But last year's team was so much better than anyone else they can lose a step or two and still be in the hunt for the FF.

Besides - they have Geno and no one else does.

Reaction Score
It's entirely unfair to ask this--why should that stop anyone?--but do you intend this as a final ranking at the end of 2016/17, the opening ranking, or sometime in the middle? I ask this, because once the tournament starts, the psychology of teams change. UConn, for example, will play with more experience and confidence (and perhaps less pressure because of lower expectations) than some other teams near the top of this list.

That is true what you say. I am sure things will change along the way. It always does. Teams get better, and there is are always a Cinderella in the mix during tournament time.

Uconn (though they have lost a lot) will always play hard. But you can't lose 3 of the best players to my knowledge and think there won't be no bumps ahead and a few pot holes.

I love my Huskies to death. But this year is a trying one for sure. Why? Because the time for fulfillment has come. "Uconn has made many teams better due to their dominance" See, their dominance was/is good for the game.

Teams are drooling and can't wait to lay the hammer and talk smack at the same time as they usually do (When The Mighty Has Fallen). It never fails.

But i won't worry because the mighty always rise again. Like gold they are tried in fire and prepared ready to stand strong again til the end.

And even in the midst the defeat they will not waver nor hang the head low. But they will whisper a sigh, grit their teeth a little, offer a crooked smile, nod their heads in respect to you, only to shake it off and return with fury.

I am my sister's keeper they say.

Reaction Score
Sorry, but PG play is more important than anything else, and SC has a transition to a player that has yet to shown she is capable, and however high you are on the incoming players, even with a down year Mitchell showed more in her college career (and earlier) than either of them has yet. They are also losing a very serviceable reserve post player (who started against uconn.) I am not sure anyone can predict with confidence SC being better next year. We shall see.

All that sound good. But Kayla Davis & Grey is no slouch either. Grab a seat. You shall see. Get some popcorn. Bianca will improve.

Reaction Score
Rankings don't mean except maybe to fans.

That said - UConn should be ranked #1 until another team proves that they are better. Roster doesn't mean squat - just look at UTenn. I think too many fans are buying too much of the lowered expectations kool aid.

UConn will field a team that will not be as good as this year. That's a given. But last year's team was so much better than anyone else they can lose a step or two and still be in the hunt for the FF.

Besides - they have Geno and no one else does.

Listen no one is knocking Uconn. But this season will be different.

And listen we know rankings are not everything. But Uconn when ranked #1 usually more than not lives up to their ranking. So it must mean something other than just nothing.

And yes some teams didn't live up to theirs because other teams got better and hot at the right time.

(And you make your point -as I respect your view - without the foul grammer).

And even if rankings only does mean something to only the fans. Well, let the fans have fun with it please. What else can some of us do waiting for the long off season to return. Once football starts I know basketball is not far behind.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score

And I'll respect yours - without the gratuitous smarm and the points off for foul spelling.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
All that sound good. But Kayla Davis & Grey is no slouch either. Grab a seat. You shall see. Get some popcorn. Bianca will improve.
I agree that it will be interesting - just that they lost a whole lot this year and while I like both Davis and Grey, and they just picked up a good PG signee, it is still going to be a big transition. Wilson is fabulous as a center piece, and they have a good team on paper around her with a big question mark at PG - Cuevas has underwhelmed, and Harris will be a freshman. For a championship hunting team that is a big unknown. (and yeah, Uconn has the same issue - this isn't a comparison, just a analysis of SC.)

Reaction Score

And I'll respect yours - without the gratuitous smarm and the points off for foul spelling.

Foul spelling? Everyone make a typo error here and there. You Sound like spelling bee perfect chimp or something. Real weak man.

Son. Go somewhere with BS.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
UConn remains #1 until beaten.

No offense, but I've never understood this. Everyone is unbeaten before a season starts. The first poll represents where one believes that particular roster should rank going in. If Stewart and Jefferson were returning they'd be #1 unanimously. Different year, different team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom