My ACC friends watching the end said fire the whole staff. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

My ACC friends watching the end said fire the whole staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
One additional thing that infuriated me was the completion was very close to being questionable as the WR exchanged hands he held the ball while falling out of bounds. If replay showed a little juggle during that exchange the call would have been overturned. Navy didn't challenge it as it would have given us the equivalent of a time out to set up a series of plays.

By calling a TO there we almost lost that completion. The play should have been rush to the LOS and force Navy to call a Time out.

I was actually hoping they would overturn it because I thought they had a better chance to score from the 10 than the 1.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The issue is even bigger than the botched timeout. It took us 75 seconds to go about 15 yards to start the drive. If we had shown more urgency at the beginning of the drive, we would have had time left later on.

Reaction Score
My ACC fb friends were beyond baffled and simply said your staff has to go!
I still cannot believe you would write something like this, as if it gives more credibility to your claim. They must be so great, as ACC fans, after having watched the likes of powerhouse football programs such as BC, Syracuse and Duke. Not to mention UVA who lost to an FCS team last week. Get over yourself and your "ACC friends."

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Pretty much. Two unranked non-P5 teams. Nobody cares, certainly not ESPN.

I was wrong. ESPN showed it at 7:55am this morning. Only showed last play and blamed UConn players for not getting back to the line.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Diaco is dumb as a rock. Simple probability says take 3 shots with a pass versus one run that eats the clock. He screwed up because he doesn't understand basic probabilities. At least roll out sheriffs so he has a run/pass option.

Yes, yes, yes!

That's what I was thinking and probably most of the people here thought it as well. You're right: think three dimensionally and determine what combination of plays has the highest probability of scoring. This is not rocket science. Fans on their butts (holding an adult beverage) know this. But some coaches can't see the forest for the trees.

I want my head coach to know more about football than me. Is that asking too much?

Reaction Score
I still cannot believe you would write something like this, as if it gives more credibility to your claim. They must be so great, as ACC fans, after having watched the likes of powerhouse football programs such as BC, Syracuse and Duke. Not to mention UVA who lost to an FCS team last week. Get over yourself and your "ACC friends."

I live in NC and was watching the game at a sports bar with a few friends that were there for the Duke Wake game. When they saw 17 secs left and UConn on the one all three said, "Well looks like UConn will beat Navy on the last play of the game". When they saw what unfolded they were astonished at the coaching error.

And I do believe everyone on the BY (including HCBD upon review) can not believe we managed to get only 1 play off with that amount of time on the board.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Absolute joke. Can't wait to see the replay on ESPN. A great pass down to the one and out of bounds with 17 secs, and it all goes you know where from there.

You couldn't get the next play called (2nd and goal from the one) without calling your last to?
You think coming out of the time out lets try for two running plays with 17 secs left?

Less than amateur hour. Someone has to be fired immediately!

Of course, us UConn fans have seen this time management many times before by HCBD. The AD needs to step in and say with 4 minutes left HCBD you have NOTHING to say. Mr X controls the game. Or else cut HCBD loose. Now I'm not sure who Mr X is, but if he's the one associated with past goof ups he should be let go immediately.

My ACC fb friends were beyond baffled and simply said your staff has to go!

I kind of hope ESPN shows the final few plays on Sportcenter a few times and the total incompetence by the UConn coaching staff.
Running play with that much time was nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom