My ACC friends watching the end said fire the whole staff. | The Boneyard

My ACC friends watching the end said fire the whole staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Absolute joke. Can't wait to see the replay on ESPN. A great pass down to the one and out of bounds with 17 secs, and it all goes you know where from there.

You couldn't get the next play called (2nd and goal from the one) without calling your last to?
You think coming out of the time out lets try for two running plays with 17 secs left?

Less than amateur hour. Someone has to be fired immediately!

Of course, us UConn fans have seen this time management many times before by HCBD. The AD needs to step in and say with 4 minutes left HCBD you have NOTHING to say. Mr X controls the game. Or else cut HCBD loose. Now I'm not sure who Mr X is, but if he's the one associated with past goof ups he should be let go immediately.

My ACC fb friends were beyond baffled and simply said your staff has to go!

I kind of hope ESPN shows the final few plays on Sportcenter a few times and the total incompetence by the UConn coaching staff.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I kind of hope ESPN shows the final few plays on Sportcenter a few times and the total incompetence by the UConn coaching staff.

You want this to get more eyeballs and further dilute national perception of the program?

Reaction Score
Absolute joke. Can't wait to see the replay on ESPN. A great pass down to the one and out of bounds with 17 secs, and it all goes you know where from there.

You couldn't get the next play called (2nd and goal from the one) without calling your last to?
You think coming out of the time out lets try for two running plays with 17 secs left?

Of course, us UConn fans have seen this time management many times before by HCBD. The AD needs to step in and say with 4 minutes left HCBD you have NOTHING to say. Mr X controls the game. Or else cut HCBD loose. Now I'm not sure who Mr X is, but if he's the one associated with past goof ups he should be let go immediately.

I'm sure we'll be highlighted on Sport Center. They love to make us look terrible.

Reaction Score
Now I am not that prone to questioning a call, run versus pass, slow developing play inside the red zone, or loose CB coverage, but when it comes to time management and getting plays off under 2 minutes yes I will question that. Its fb 101

I will maybe even kind of forgive burning the to after the catch at the one (not rally). But I bet if you ask 50 coaches what is the strategy on 2nd and 1 with 17 secs left no time outs they are going to have a much better scheme than what we showed. In fact I bet all 50 would get 2 plays off, full stop. Our plan was bush league.

Reaction Score
Diaco is dumb as a rock. Simple probability says take 3 shots with a pass versus one run that eats the clock. He screwed up because he doesn't understand basic probabilities. At least roll out sheriffs so he has a run/pass option.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score

Mr. X is quite obviously the Boneyard. Every single person in the game thread knew what to do there.

Reaction Score
Without the specific knowledge that others have. After the 9 yard catch BS, if the play clock was running short should have lined up immediately and spiked it which stops the clock (while the OC was looking at his pokeball, his magic 8 ball, or his 10 page play sheet).

Then its 3rd and one with 17 secs and HCBD could have called a quick pass, followed by a power run. But not a power run first. No way a quick pass takes 17 secs.

Reaction Score
By the wau I LOVE THE TEAM.

Luke and Matt Walsh were monster today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But back to my topic point, and I have played college sports, not once can i say a coach ever lost a game, especially on a tactical decision.

Reaction Score
I love his "what if it's picked off ?" Quote. Ughhh what if the run gets stopped?

Picked or not ITS TIME MANAGEMENT you dumb ass HCBD

tick tick tick, oh wow a pass play only takes 6 seconds. A run play from 6 to 18. Wow, I can try a pass and then have time for a run. Dumb ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
One additional thing that infuriated me was the completion was very close to being questionable as the WR exchanged hands he held the ball while falling out of bounds. If replay showed a little juggle during that exchange the call would have been overturned. Navy didn't challenge it as it would have given us the equivalent of a time out to set up a series of plays.

By calling a TO there we almost lost that completion. The play should have been rush to the LOS and force Navy to call a Time out.

Reaction Score
There's no excuse for burning the TO, and there's no excuse for taking their sweet time lining up after the run got stuffed. They had at least 12 seconds. Inexcusable to end the game that way.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
One additional thing that infuriated me was the completion was very close to being questionable as the WR exchanged hands he held the ball while falling out of bounds. If replay showed a little juggle during that exchange the call would have been overturned. Navy didn't challenge it as it would have given us the equivalent of a time out to set up a series of plays.

By calling a TO there we almost lost that completion. The play should have been rush to the LOS and force Navy to call a Time out.
This was my first thought when he called that TO. Why the hell give them the chance to challenge it....just complete smh move all around

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I love his "what if it's picked off ?" Quote. Ughhh what if the run gets stopped?

Worst case pass scenario is the same result as worst case run scenario. Either way you lose. But PPR gets you three plays. Run and you get one try.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Now I am not that prone to questioning a call, run versus pass, slow developing play inside the red zone, or loose CB coverage, but when it comes to time management and getting plays off under 2 minutes yes I will question that. Its fb 101

I will maybe even kind of forgive burning the to after the catch at the one (not rally). But I bet if you ask 50 coaches what is the strategy on 2nd and 1 with 17 secs left no time outs they are going to have a much better scheme than what we showed. In fact I bet all 50 would get 2 plays off, full stop. Our plan was bush league.

I told a room full of Husky alums I'd like to see a roll out with a pass or run option there, only you take away the run aspect of it by burning your final TO, unless you have enough confidence in your QB that he can make the right read and correctly predict he'll get into the EZ on a run. He can easily throw the ball away if a play can't be made, and then you have at least one more chance.

Instead, we burn the TO and then hit the middle of the line, going right at the strength of the D.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Anyone remember the 99 yd pick6 vs Army? I bet Bob does. However, BS is not Chandler Whitmer
His fear of this play 100% led him to ignore how well BS had been completing passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom