Muffet's Presser | The Boneyard

Muffet's Presser

Status
Not open for further replies.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Geez...was UConn even in this game... I don't think Muffet gave any credit to UConn for her loss. At least up to 4 and 1/2 minute mark according to Coach Muffet...the loss had nothing to do with UConn it was all about what ND didn't do. Finally, at 5:20 some props for Gabby. Also thought there was a little tongue in cheek from Muffet as she thought her players should have gotten to the foul line more..she said, that her players were fouled on EVERY play.

Reaction Score
MM is her typical sneaky self when they asked her why UConn had more foul shots. Is she really slyly suggesting that the calls went against ND? Don't mean to dump but she really is passive-aggressive (whereas Geno is just aggressive-aggressive!). Just want to add that I think she's a terrific coach and this is a terrific program, but that other thing does drive me nuts. Just come out and say what you mean.

Last edited:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
In blaming the loss entirely with regard their team's failures.
Muffet misses (or intentionally disregards) the fact that ND's substandard effort was largely caused
by the superior grit and execution of the UConn bunch

Reaction Score
MM is her typical sneaky self when they asked her why UConn had more foul shots. Is she really slyly suggesting that the calls went against ND? Don't mean to dump but she really is passive-aggressive (whereas Geno is just aggressive-aggressive!).
MM summed up:
tumblr_nyaodkX09m1qj4315o1_500.gif

(No disrespect, though, to any ND fans lurking! I'll give credit where credit is due all day with her, because she's definitely deserving.)

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
IMO UConns quickness and speed forced ND into rushing. ND has many players who are slow and cant guard UCOnns quickness. UConn is really good. ND is good but not quick and doesnt have great ball handlers . UConn beat ND off the dribble and on defense UConns quickness and speed killed ND. MM talks about frustration it was caused by a weak schedule and again UConns quickness and speed.

Reaction Score
It was all about UConn not getting called For the fouls and Gabby having a game like she. Ever has.

Really, Muffin? Take some responsibility. You didn't get your team ready. Watch any film? This UConn effort wasn't that different.

Wow. Just serious loser stuff here.

Reaction Score
Geez, she just can't give UConn any credit for the things her team couldn't execute. Except for Gabby - guess her performance just couldn't be ignored. Very painful loss for Muffet - she was NOT happy. I feel so sorry for her. (NOT!!!!!!!)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
MM is her typical sneaky self when they asked her why UConn had more foul shots. Is she really slyly suggesting that the calls went against ND? Don't mean to dump but she really is passive-aggressive (whereas Geno is just aggressive-aggressive!). Just want to add that I think she's a terrific coach and this is a terrific program, but that other thing does drive me nuts. Just come out and say what you mean.

I'm glad you brought that up. She wasn't very subtle. She did everything to diminish UConn's win.

Reaction Score
I'll give MM credit on being a good coach - she really does develop some great talent and she runs a fabulous program where women who are serious about basketball can go to flourish. (They might not win a title... but they'll flourish.) I can't knock her for that, because she's earned praise for being a good coach.

But... it's always someone else's fault with her, isn't it? Rather than just admitting that UConn played a smarter, tougher, and frankly better game, it's because her girls didn't get to the foul line enough. I get it - I'd be pissed losing to UConn for the upteenth time when it's the only program she can't seem to beat these days, but come on. Her players didn't bring their A game tonight. Geno's players did.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Geez...was UConn even in this game... I don't think Muffet gave any credit to UConn for her loss. At least up to 4 and 1/2 minute mark according to Coach Muffet...the loss had nothing to do with UConn it was all about what ND didn't do. Finally, at 5:20 some props for Gabby. Also thought there was a little tongue in cheek from Muffet as she thought her players should have gotten to the foul line more..she said, that her players were fouled on EVERY play.
Yeah, unlike Butler who was never touched when she played offense LOL...:rolleyes: Pot, meet kettle...

Reaction Score
I'll give MM credit on being a good coach - she really does develop some great talent and she runs a fabulous program where women who are serious about basketball can go to flourish. (They might not win a title... but they'll flourish.) I can't knock her for that, because she's earned praise for being a good coach.

She may run a fabulous program; problem is, she doesn't run a Gabulous program.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99