Muffet Tweet | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Muffet Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

arch

Reaction Score
The technical is not the issue. That hurt nobody but Arike and her team. The issue is the hip check and the head-hunt, both of which were obviously deliberate and either of which could have caused serious damage.
Thank you.

Reaction Score
Muffet should have pull her out of game and sat her on the bench for the rest of the game if she thought it was deliberate and as for arguing with Ref and Geno that was just uncalled for, any coach should pull a player that is riled by either a coach or ref.

Wasn't that because of the 2 Tech's called on her? 2 technical on a player they sit,.`

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Muffet McGraw has blocked Breanna Stewart on Twitter. This is getting ugly. What did Stewie do to her?

Muffet is getting destroyed on twitter. I see a few BYers but it is pretty broad based. Blocking Stewart just added fuel to the fire. It's worth a look, a lot of it is pretty entertaining.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Very talented coach. Very small person. You do remember old stone face and some of her people sitting on their hands when Stewie won NPOY. Then she turned around and talked "the lack of civility" pointed Geno's way, which led to this:

Last edited:

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score

I said it in another thread, and Nan attached this article earlier. McGraw and her Irish are terrible losers and it shows in ugly ways, as you all witnessed on Sunday.

No one wants to lose, but the Irish have had our number for years, and we finally win 2. Then we get this kind of disrespect from her. I understand being disappointed that AO did not win the ACC POY, but again, show some class and respect. What are you teaching the multitude of young women you are responsible for mentoring? It is really bad form.

Apologize to your fan base, that is fine. But, the real apology needs to go to your opponents and for the poor example (that is starting form the top) on how to handle a loss. All this ND hype about supporting and creating strong women and leaders. Be better, MM. Set the right example. This apology doesn't pass the eye test.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Help me out on this-did Muffet stop following Breanna or did she stop Breanna from following her? There's a big difference.

CL82

Reaction Score
Help me out on this-did Muffet stop following Breanna or did she stop Breanna from following her? There's a big difference.
The second one.
1544023251065.png

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
What a dumb*** thing to do. Just put Breanna on Mute. No one knows the difference. Now, you've just created another firestorm.
Perhaps she can't handle the pressure, coming off a NC. That is certainly the outward appearance.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I hope that MM personally contacted Geno & apologized. I hope that AO personally contacted CD and apologized. If those two acts didn't happen, then I find these ND tweets empty. The sad part about this is that the ND teammates of AO get brushed with the same unsportsmanlike brush.

giphy (1).gif

CL82

Reaction Score
Didn't Muffet forget Stewies name as she did Durr once upon a time?? Don't get mad, don't even--WIN!!
She and her team refused to applaud for Stewie getting an award. It's petty stuff.

The fish rots from the head down as they say. People are hyper critical of Geno yet his players consistently show good sportsmanship. When I see our kids public personas I am always quietly appreciative for CD. She's done one heck of job with these young women, for decades.

Reaction Score
If the coach sets the tone--is the team (ND) following by showing the stress and strain of defending the title? Last year South Carolina had some difficulty defending.
People can now appreciate the uniqueness of UConn and how it has always handled the pressure of defending and continuing the streaks. As we all have heard, winning the title can be done, but defending the title is MUCH HARDER. After a team wins, the hunger dissipates somewhat. During a hard practice a player might feel (well, we won last year, it doesn't matter as much.)
Geno and CD have that special gift to keep the standards at the highest level--no matter what happened last year or last game. Think of that pressure and the hard work it takes. Only special people can keep that up for 23 years (since the 1995 title) or longer. MM has her talents, but it took her 17 years? to win her second title. Tough job all around for any high level coach in any sport.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score

Yikes.

What a petty, puny, pitiful reaction. Do they not have a sports information department that helps them through troubling times? You cannot change what has happened. But you affect what happens next by reacting properly. This has been an epic fail of a week for ND sports. How many times can one shoot oneself in the same foot? :eek:

Reaction Score

I'm not an active Twit or is it Twitist, or Twitterer?...as if it matters, especially in this 'case'... but the way it looks above, it means BOTH? Someone must know. (Sadly, I've never had the honor(?) of blocking or being blocked by a Twit).

PS: Social Media is such a wonderful advance to our culture and society...;)

Reaction Score
She and her team refused to applaud for Stewie getting an award. It's petty stuff.

The fish rots from the head down as they say. People are hyper critical of Geno yet his players consistently show good sportsmanship. When I see our kids public personas I am always quietly appreciative for CD. She's done one heck of job with these young women, for decades.
From Day ONE Christine Dailey has led the movement for class in all things for the Uconn players. When some are damning the parochial education/teaching because of this ND fiasco please note that was some of CD's formative education.
CD is the Miss Manners-Miss Class--Miss Propriety of Uconn and has been for over 30 years.

CL82

Reaction Score
Arike reminds me of Grayson Allen for Duke who used trip players as well.

1544024640601.png

Eventually Coach K bowed to public pressure and suspended him 'indefinitely.'

The publicity this is getting by Muffet not getting out ahead of it by sitting Arike, acknowledging the unsportsmanlike play and apologizing at the time may turn out to be a good thing in that may force Muffet to address the issue with Arike. In any event the next time it happens it is less likely to be ignored by officials or opposing coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom