Reaction Score
More
To the best fans in the country:
DtnB4QIV4AERgXj.jpg

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Translation: "My bosses are forcing me to apologize, so here goes..."

Wow, I guess a lot of the Damers really didn't like what they saw.

And the thing is, what happened Sunday wasn't any radical departure from behavior we've seen in previous games, including the recent Oregon State game in Vancouver.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Don't think she had any choice but to try to get out in front of it and direct Arike to do the same.

You know it's bad when there is a (lengthy) thread on the Bench expressing disappointment in the...lack of poise...(quite the euphemism that is).

It was especially a bad look considering the game was on ESPN and recruits were in attendance.

Reaction Score
Both apologies (MM and AO) only address Irish fans, not all fans or the players who could have been injured by her players..... Why bother apologizing at all if not to the potentially harmed directly?

I agree wholeheartedly with this. And what if Danger had gotten hurt?

This whole thing is sad. How unnecessary.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I just saw a so called football player, who shall remain nameless, apologize for kicking his girlfriend after he threw her to the ground. He really looked and sounded oh so sorry. Words mean nothing, future behavior means everything.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It was 2+ hours of disrespect to their fans, their opponent (the pre-game intro, the fouls, and the stuff directed at Lou post-game) and to the game itself.
Stuff directed at Lou post-game?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
It was 2+ hours of disrespect to their fans, their opponent (the pre-game intro, the fouls, and the stuff directed at Lou post-game) and to the game itself.
I missed the Lou post game stuff...what thread(s) was it in???

Reaction Score
I was amazed how bad a defensive player Arike is. So many times she would lag behind while Uconn ran up the court- her teammates should have been angry with her. Even though she scored some points, they were probably cancelled out & then some by what she allowed to be scored on her, especially when you add the technicals and fouls too.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Don't think she had any choice but to try to get out in front of it and direct Arike to do the same.

You know it's bad when there is a (lengthy) thread on the Bench expressing disappointment in the...lack of poise...(quite the euphemism that is).

It was especially a bad look considering the game was on ESPN and recruits were in attendance.
I missed that. I did see the posts blaming Geno for the behavior, though, so I didn't bother to go back.

Reaction Score
Ahh, I had missed this. What's up with that?

The public address announcer for Sunday’s game started out the day by calling UConn “the University of Kentucky,”

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Really? What about an apology to UConn's Coach, UConn's players and all the fans (not just Notre Dame's fans)? Muffet dislikes UConn that much? I said it before, and I will say it again, the NCAA needs to step in and suspend Arike for some games. Muffet McGraw teams have always played dirty, so I really do not see that changing.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The original post didn't copy the tweet so I found it hard to believe that McGraw would undermine her team like that. So off to the Twitter I went and...

holy cow there it was:

She is an ass.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is there any chance this hate can spill over to the football field and we become a yearly rival on the football field?!?!

shinobimono

The Sound of One Hand Clapping
Reaction Score
Here's Arike's tweet:
<a href="">

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors