Mr. March | The Boneyard

Mr. March

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Eh. When guys are banking in 3’s in at critical times, it’s tough to swallow. Competitive people often have trouble being gracious, especially when things like that happen. I don’t blame him for having trouble explaining why his guys couldn’t defend lucky bank shots from 25 feet. It was just K State’s day and he feels crappy about it.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Eh. When guys are banking in 3’s in at critical times, it’s tough to swallow. Competitive people often have trouble being gracious, especially when things like that happen. I don’t blame him for having trouble explaining why his guys couldn’t defend lucky bank shots from 25 feet. It was just K State’s day and he feels crappy about it.

Exactly.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
With him, Duke and Kentucky out, there's a shortage of teams I'd hate to see win still in it (other than whoever is playing us, of course)

Reaction Score
With him, Duke and Kentucky out, there's a shortage of teams I'd hate to see win still in it (other than whoever is playing us, of course)
I believe we‘re the only team left in the field that has won a title, which has to be pretty unusual with 12 teams still in it.

Reaction Score

Sure, but this is how he always goes out.

Reaction Score
To be fair, I'd really hate for the team that has a guy who brought a gun to someone who used it to kill a mother to win a title.

But other than that, I'm on the same page. My priority for title:

1. UConn
::BIG GAP::

2-11 Almost everyone else

12.Alabama

Reaction Score
I don't take offense to what he said. Hell all of MSU thought those were lucky shots. Its just so tough to be interviewed after such an excruitiating loss to end the season.

Its like posters here at the Yard after a horrible any loss. We all post differently following 48 hours.

It was a bad choice of words that I doubt he would repeat this weekend.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
To be fair, I'd really hate for the team that has a guy who brought a gun to someone who used it to kill a mother to win a title.

But other than that, I'm on the same page. My priority for title:

1. UConn

2-11 Almost everyone else

12.Alabama
With you on that one, for sure. I'm betting the NCAA would rather not see Jim Nantz interview him on the podium, either

Reaction Score
It was a bad choice of words that I doubt he would repeat this weekend.
How long has he been coaching? How many tough losses in the tournament has he had? I'd be annoyed if Hurley said that being in the tournament this far for the first time.

Part of the appeal of having an experienced coach is that he's, you know, experienced, and knows how to handle himself.

Reaction Score
How long has he been coaching? How many tough losses in the tournament has he had? I'd be annoyed if Hurley said that being in the tournament this far for the first time.

Part of the appeal of having an experienced coach is that he's, you know, experienced, and knows how to handle himself.
Dude this is what I tell my wife. As experienced as she is, she still gets inappropriately mouthy when emotional. I'm not as bad as her or Izzo, so I think.

This old fart now understands that being human means, well . . . . . . . . . . . . being human.

Reaction Score
I get what he means but it ignored that KSU's best player went out with an injury and that really helped MSU gain the lead. Was that not "lucky" for MSU. Or was it unlucky he came back in and played hobbled until he caught his rhythm again. Both teams had some good fortune.

Reaction Score
Both Izzo and Calipari are angry because small guards are supposed to be a thing of the past.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
With you on that one, for sure. I'm betting the NCAA would rather not see Jim Nantz interview him on the podium, either
if they make the final four, you know there's going to be pregame coverage praising them for overcoming their off the court "distractions"

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I thought the interview was fine. It is actually refreshing to hear a coach tell it like it is instead of just spewing inoffensive pablum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom