Mr. March | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mr. March

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
if they make the final four, you know there's going to be pregame coverage praising them for overcoming their off the court "distractions"
Exactly. And please, no one ask what those distractions are and why the players have been forced to "tune out the noise and just play"

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
ought to be a 48 hour ban on putting a microphone in front of a loser...

temery

What?
Reaction Score
The rule in my driveway is if you bank in a 3 it only counts as 2pts unless you call it.
It is a good rule and I think all pickup hoops should employ.

My house was the one in the neighborhood with a hoop. The guy across the street wanted three points if he called, "skyhook three" once he got the ball.

5' 6" old (probably 45) man rarely missed. This was long before the three pt line, btw.

I swear his team pretty much always won because he owned the skyhook, and everyone else just tried, and tried, and tried to hit just one.

I love the idea of calling a shot before it's attempted (street ball). If the opposing team makes the same shot next position, they get the points, plus one.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What, he's not allowed to say they hit some lucky shots when they were indeed lucky shots? I have zero issue with what he said. The last thing losing coaches want is for a sideline reporter to stick a microphone in their face.

Reaction Score
My house was the one in the neighborhood with a hoop. The guy across the street wantEd three points if he called, "skyhook three" once he got the ball.

5' 6" old (probably 45) man rarely missed. This was long before the three pt line, btw.

I swear his team pretty much always won because he owned the skyhook, and everyone else just tried, and tried, and tried to hit just one.

I love the idea of calling a shot before it's attempted (street ball). If the opposing team makes the same shot next position, they get the points, plus one.
Lol. this perfectly describes my childhood best friend's dad. He loved the skyhook and he was very short. I latched onto it and had a real nice hook shot well into high school. I stopped using after freshman year because the varsity coach considered it a circus shot that only Kareem should be allowed to use. I still think smaller guys should master it, especially for near the basket. It makes scoring against bigger guys easy. I had two 6'6" friends growing up and picked up on the hook shot as a way to compete with them.

Reaction Score

i know that every coach is basically obligated to pimp their own conference, but i thought this was pretty funny.

you don't hear dusty may going around claiming that CUSA is better than the big east/big 12.

What a ridiculous thing to say, the Big 10 is a laughingstock at this point. It's year after year they flop.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't take offense to what he said. Hell all of MSU thought those were lucky shots. Its just so tough to be interviewed after such an excruitiating loss to end the season.
Its like posters here at the Yard after a horrible any loss. We all post differently following 48 hours.
It was a bad choice of words that I doubt he would repeat this weekend.
It's Izzo being Izzo. I bet he's repeating those words as we speak. I heard him on Dan Patrick a few weeks after our 2014 title.
"So Coach, what happened in that UConn game?"
"They made free throws"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member