movie trailer thread? | Page 14 | The Boneyard

movie trailer thread?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It’s a Guy Ritchie film so you have already seen it for all intents and purposes. He’s the most mediocre successful director of all time.
IOW, it'll likely have action and humor and be an enjoyable watch.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Both mediocre. Ritchie is so formulaic. Every movie is the same to me.
Okay. There are certainly some elements that show up in most of his movies, but they aren't all the same to me.

Reaction Score
Aladdin and The Covenant are the same as The Gentlemen?

No idea. I wouldn’t waste my time with either of those films.

The ones I have seen are about as formulaic as a Statham movie.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No idea. I wouldn’t waste my time with either of those films.

The ones I have seen are about as formulaic as a Statham movie.
Some of them are Statham movies, so there's that.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Some of them are Statham movies, so there's that.
That just reminded me that Statham returned to the Ritchie-verse after a long absence in "Wrath of Man." That absolutely DOES NOT follow the formula, would suggest @ZooCougar watch that one to shatter this notion. For that matter an earlier Ritchie/Statham movie "Revolver" was outside the norm as well.

There you go, I have disproved the theory, what's my prize?

Reaction Score
That just reminded me that Statham returned to the Ritchie-verse after a long absence in "Wrath of Man." That absolutely DOES NOT follow the formula, would suggest @ZooCougar watch that one to shatter this notion. For that matter an earlier Ritchie/Statham movie "Revolver" was outside the norm as well.

There you go, I have disproved the theory, what's my prize?

Pass

Reaction Score
So you won't see any of his movies that break the mold, and then keep insisting all his movies are formulaic? Interesting.

I will never like his movies. Not my thing.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I will never like his movies. Not my thing.
That's cool. I've never liked Tarantino, I'm in the minority there. But I think several posters have at least debunked that all of Ritchie's movies are the same.

Reaction Score
That's cool. I've never liked Tarantino, I'm in the minority there. But I think several posters have at least debunked that all of Ritchie's movies are the same.

Well, comparing Tarantino to Ritchie is like comparing a Michelin restaurant to a McDonald’s.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm mixed on him. Reservoir Dogs was very good. Once upon a time in Hollywood was really good. I loved Pulp Fiction when it came out, on rewatch it was overrated. Kill Bill? Stinks.

Reaction Score
I'm mixed on him. Reservoir Dogs was very good. Once upon a time in Hollywood was really good. I loved Pulp Fiction when it came out, on rewatch it was overrated. Kill Bill? Stinks.

Inglorious Basterds?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well, comparing Tarantino to Ritchie is like comparing a Michelin restaurant to a McDonald’s.
I'll take Ritchie over Tarantino all day, every day. While I won't call Ritchie a great director, I think Tarantino is probably the most overrated of my lifetime. All style, no substance, yet he somehow has a great reputation.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'll take Ritchie over Tarantino all day, every day. While I won't call Ritchie a great director, I think Tarantino is probably the most overrated of my lifetime. All style, no substance, yet he somehow has a great reputation.
You're arguing with someone who said "MCU is a moron test", yet appears to have seen many of them and likes quite a few. So he apparently self-identifies as a moron.

Reaction Score

Insanity.

Not everything Tarantino does is great but he has made classics. Nothing Ritchie has done equals Tarantino’s worst.

Reaction Score
You're arguing with someone who said "MCU is a moron test", yet appears to have seen many of them and likes quite a few. So he apparently self-identifies as a moron.

It’s kind of hard to not see them if you have kids.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Insanity.

Not everything Tarantino does is great but he has made classics. Nothing Ritchie has done equals Tarantino’s worst.
That's just like, your opinion, man.

Seriously, Tarantino has the total Emperor's New Clothes syndrome going on as far as I'm concerned. Vastly overrated.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
How about an actual trailer? Here's the latest for Fallout, looks interesting.

Reaction Score
That's just like, your opinion, man.

Seriously, Tarantino has the total Emperor's New Clothes syndrome going on as far as I'm concerned. Vastly overrated.

Oh stop. The dialogue in his movies are second only to Scorcese. You’re nuts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom