Most overrated team in the country flames out in 1st round AGAIN!! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Most overrated team in the country flames out in 1st round AGAIN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not envious of Duke but you don't mean enough to me to try to convince you of that.
But he means enough to you to cause you to attempt to convince him that he doesn't mean enough to you.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yeah but those schools are local so its only natural to have that rivalry considering we shared a conference with these schools. And recently they have done some shady stuff that affected uconn directly so the hate is justified. Duke has nothing to do with us other than they beat us in the tournament on a last second shot 20 years ago and then we got more than even in 99 and 04. Like i said its envy whether you want to admit it or not. Why uconn fans are still envious of duke is beyond me.

Oh there is so much more to it than that. It is about media fawning over a team that is often merely (above) average. It is their preferential seedings (location and number). The preferential rankings. Their preferential treatment by the officials (and timekeepers!). Holding them up like the golden boys that all aspire to be is kind of nauseating. It is the lionization of ordinary players like Wojo, Paulus, and the Plumleys', substituting their 'grit' for talent, a la Aaron Craft. In fact, Aaron Craft would have made the perfect Dookie. The flopping, the hand slapping, the hugging....

Could go on and on, but I'll leave it for now. We've better things to talk about.

Reaction Score
image.jpg

Reaction Score
Do you know what being a sports fan is?

You hate your rivals. It doesn't mean that you are envious.

Giants fans hate the Cowboys. Are they envious? Giants have won two Super Bowls since the Cowboys have won one.

When did you start rooting for UConn in 1999?
I understand your point but your not getting mine. giants and cowboys are an in a conference and i understand that. just like i understand the rivalries we`ve had against cuse,pitt and others we face on a regular basis and have for years. i dont mind hating duke because but to the level of a lot of you do on here i just dont get. duke doesnt effect our program in any way and we play them once in a while. i hated duke from 1990 to 1999. since 2004 i couldnt care less about duke. i just realized one day that i hated duke because they were where i wanted my program to be and it wasnt. then when we were i realized i couldnt care less. this realization hit me when a friend of mine who was a huge umass fan spoke about how much he hated uconn. and the more he talked about how uconn gets all the love from the media, gets more free throws during games,has an overrated hof coach etc. i realized he sounded like uconn fans especially fans pre 1999. he said all the same things ive heard people say about duke.

Reaction Score
I understand your point but your not getting mine. giants and cowboys are an in a conference and i understand that. just like i understand the rivalries we`ve had against cuse,pitt and others we face on a regular basis and have for years. i dont mind hating duke because but to the level of a lot of you do on here i just dont get. duke doesnt effect our program in any way and we play them once in a while. i hated duke from 1990 to 1999. since 2004 i couldnt care less about duke. i just realized one day that i hated duke because they were where i wanted my program to be and it wasnt. then when we were i realized i couldnt care less. this realization hit me when a friend of mine who was a huge umass fan spoke about how much he hated uconn. and the more he talked about how uconn gets all the love from the media, gets more free throws during games,has an overrated hof coach etc. i realized he sounded like uconn fans especially fans pre 1999. he said all the same things ive heard people say about duke.

I understand you're point, too. But being a fan isn't always rational. Kentucky fans still hate Duke because of that one play, and they need not envy any other program.

The Giants had a rivalry in the 90's with the Niners, even though weren't in the same conference, because they had some big playoff games with them.

We will always be rivals with them because of the high profile nature of the programs and the important ncaa tourney games between them.

It's not the same as a conference rivalry, I agree.

And I agree that I don't hate them as much as I used too, but I will always hate them for ruining the Dream Season.

Reaction Score
I dislike Duke because they are a media creation. Dick Vitale does their recruiting. It is just plain unfair. And to see them lose seems like justice.

If Vitale had pumped UConn as much as he pumped Duke over the last 30 years, Calhoun would have won 10 championships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom