Most overrated team in the country flames out in 1st round AGAIN!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Most overrated team in the country flames out in 1st round AGAIN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And the ESPN heads were lobbying for Dook to get a #1 seed if they had beaten Virginia in the ACC title game. Nevermind that they finished third in the ACC in the regular season.... let me say that again.. not 2nd but THIRD IN THE ACC IN THE REGULAR SEASON.

Reaction Score
And the ESPN heads were lobbying for Dook to get a #1 seed if they had beaten Virginia in the ACC title game. Nevermind that they finished third in the ACC in the regular season.... let me say that again.. not 2nd but THIRD IN THE ACC IN THE REGULAR SEASON.
By resume, Duke should have been a 4 seed, which is exactly where good bracketologists like Jerry Palm had them. But they are Duke, and there were two ACC people on the committee, so...

Reaction Score
Hey let's be honest. the AAC didn't do so well the first round. UCONN barely escaped, Cinci went down, and L'ville struggled a bit. Believe me i 'm not defending the ACC, but it's hard to argue that the SMU deserved a bid when the 3 other teams in the conference struggled so much. Let's hope Memphis kicks ass.

Deserving to get into the tournament and and performance in the tournament are two separate things.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
More proof about where Duke truly ranks without the ACC whistle.

Reaction Score
Hey let's be honest. the AAC didn't do so well the first round. UCONN barely escaped, Cinci went down, and L'ville struggled a bit. Believe me i 'm not defending the ACC, but it's hard to argue that the SMU deserved a bid when the 3 other teams in the conference struggled so much. Let's hope Memphis kicks ass.
Uconn covered. Just sayin'

Reaction Score
Deserving to get into the tournament and and performance in the tournament are two separate things.

Exactly.. and one could argue that UConn and Louisville played stronger opponents than they should've been playing, which lends itself to closer games. I knew Cincy would struggle against anybody, simply bc they can't score, outside of Kilpatrick.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
The Duke formula is:

1. Figure out what seed Duke has earned.

2. From one of the following conferences: AAC, Big East, MWC, and A10, find a team seeded higher than Duke that you've slated to play in North Carolina. This year: Louisville.

3. Swap Duke and that weaker conference's team so that Duke gets the North Carolina game.

4. Scan the potential 16 seeds for a team that Duke should beat and move that team up to whatever spot would face Duke. This year: Mercer. In years past: Lehigh.

5. Watch as your plan backfires.

Reaction Score

So winning 2 out of 3 is struggling so much? You do realize scores for games don't carry forward to the next round, don't you. Name me one winning team so far that would call a win "didn't do so well".

Reaction Score
Duke was overrated all season long. They were a 3 seed despite having the same record as 7th seed UConn. The media loves Ratface for some reason, and all the hype they get does help in terms of ranking and seeding.

ratface.jpg
O...M...G!!! LMFAO!!! That being said does anyone else love dukes white unis? i absolutely love them. have a very old school feel to them.

Reaction Score
I love nothing about Dook.

I dont really see the preoccupation with duke on this board. We`ve made Dook our b#%ch the last 5 times we`ve played them including twice in the final four so i dont really get the obsession. its kind of sad because your basically saying your envious of Dukes program whether you want to admit it or not.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
I dont really see the preoccupation with duke on this board. We`ve made Dook our b#%ch the last 5 times we`ve played them including twice in the final four so i dont really get the obsession. its kind of sad because your basically saying your envious of Dukes program whether you want to admit it or not.

Yeah. Except not.

I love nothing about Syracuse, Providence or BCU either. And I'm not jealous of any of their "successes" either.

Reaction Score
So winning 2 out of 3 is struggling so much? You do realize scores for games don't carry forward to the next round, don't you. Name me one winning team so far that would call a win "didn't do so well".

Exactly, survive and advance.

Reaction Score
TheChamps990411 said:
How old are you? I was in school from 89-93. I know it's childish, but I can't let it go. If you weren't at UCONN then maybe you can't drum up the hate. 99 was awesome but I wasn't there. 04 was the best even though I was in SA alone.

There are two things that make me happy every year on the negative side. When Duke loses in the tourney and when the Yankees season ends with no ring. It isn't pure envy. It is that unexplainable irrational seething that also explains why I love the teams I love. Yin and yang.

Reaction Score
3 of the 4 AAC teams advanced to the round of 32. That's a solid showing. Probably better than nearly every other conference. You don't get style points for margin of victory, only a W or a ticket home.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
It's not like UConn fans are alone in their Dook hatred. And it's not just UNC and NC state fans either - the whole country knows Duke is perennially overrated. They are the Cowboys or Yankees of college basketball. Nothing wrong with cheering whenever they lose.

Reaction Score
3-1. Yeah, they could have been 4-0, but that would have been rubbing the NCAA's nose in it.

Reaction Score
Yeah. Except not.

I love nothing about Syracuse, Providence or BCU either. And I'm not jealous of any of their "successes" either.
Yeah but those schools are local so its only natural to have that rivalry considering we shared a conference with these schools. And recently they have done some shady stuff that affected uconn directly so the hate is justified. Duke has nothing to do with us other than they beat us in the tournament on a last second shot 20 years ago and then we got more than even in 99 and 04. Like i said its envy whether you want to admit it or not. Why uconn fans are still envious of duke is beyond me.

Reaction Score
it's got to be the first time they've lost in the 1st round in the state of North Carolina. They usually pull out these home cooking games. however the fans didn't seem on their side this year.
What really sucks is that to cover his ass, Coach K does a media bit in the winning locker room and comes out like such a CLASSY guy when he's lost before to a big underdog and never did the same thing. What changed????? What a hypocrite! He just wanted to defuse the embarrassing loss as much as possible and the media took it, hook, line & sinker.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Yeah but those schools are local so its only natural to have that rivalry considering we shared a conference with these schools. And recently they have done some shady stuff that affected uconn directly so the hate is justified. Duke has nothing to do with us other than they beat us in the tournament on a last second shot 20 years ago and then we got more than even in 99 and 04. Like i said its envy whether you want to admit it or not. Why uconn fans are still envious of duke is beyond me.

I'm not envious of Duke but you don't mean enough to me to try to convince you of that.

Reaction Score

Do you know what being a sports fan is?

You hate your rivals. It doesn't mean that you are envious.

Giants fans hate the Cowboys. Are they envious? Giants have won two Super Bowls since the Cowboys have won one.

When did you start rooting for UConn in 1999?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom