Most nervous/excited I have been for a game in 30 years. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Most nervous/excited I have been for a game in 30 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Incognito in a sea of blue & white, irregularly glued to this screen and barely aware of a Yankee-Oriole game (yawn) going on below me. Happy I brought the hat/gloves/scarf from the car. Just killing the clock til a too-late

game time.

Ghz

Reaction Score
I feel like people forget how out of control the hype was in '99. "The Dook Invitational", the "Final Formality", etc. Mateen Cleaves telling his dad on TV "this one is in the bag" before getting stomped on in the semis. We were the last hope College Basketball fans across the globe had. I was more scared of the cost failure then. Even in 04 there was the pressure to be the first school to win dual titles. No school had deserved that distinction more than us. It should have happened in '95, and the longer we waited, the more time we gave another school to get there first.

We have made our mark on CBB. Even if we come up short this year, we have proven the UConn name still means something. The spirit is still alive and well in Storrs. We have seen remarkable support from so many former players. This is still the school of Cliff, Donyell, Donny,Ray, Rip, Caron, and all the others. Our family is strong. We are unshaken by the adversity and change of the past two years. We can believe our future is bright.

Now let's get KO a ring and hang another banner.

Reaction Score
Weird thinking I'm that old, but it's true.

I feel like I've had 3 pots of Arabica, when in fact I've had none. I can't focus on work today, and several new clients came in and a jackass attorney pulled a bonehead move that I've had to bail out all day.

I literally can feel my heart beating irregularly and quicker than normal, and my neck feels a bit tight, like my BP is high.

I'm never like this. Not even when what's his face was tripping into the hardwood to seal up our 1s of many. And I feel very good about our chances.

What is it? Is it the notion that we've played so far beyond our expectations, but we greedily want one more, knowing we're asking for a dice roll of 6 after having already rolled five 6s in a row?

Anybody else feeling exceptionally anxious?

What I sense, is that this program has prepared for this moment, for a very long time, and prepared well for this moment and opportunity, and expected to be here, and we can all sense it. The only thing left to do is go out and take the opportunity, and do it. It's not anxiousness, it's anticipation.

Reaction Score
I'm not nervous in the least. I fully expect to win this game.
I like the small and quick guards under the feet, disprupting the Kentucky backcourt. I like the seasoned players over the young players down the stretch. I like our FT shooting under 5:00. I don't think Calipari is a good X/O guy.
Oh.....and we have the Power of Senhor Testiculo on our side.

Reaction Score
Agreed. I haven't done a single thing at work today after filling out my expense report from last week.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Up until today, I was fine. Especially after the Iowa St. win. I felt like we were playing with house money.

Now...I'm nervous. I've been thinking about it all day. I really just should have taken the day. The opening tip can't come soon enough.

Reaction Score
I am 100% freaking out...only thing keeping me calm is watching UConn videos. Especially Okwandus!

Reaction Score
Up until today, I was fine. Especially after the Iowa St. win. I felt like we were playing with house money.

Now...I'm nervous. I've been thinking about it all day. I really just should have taken the day. The opening tip can't come soon enough.

Me too . . . .

I've been breezing through this tournament and thought maybe I was over being nervous about Uconn games.

But then this morning- KA-POW!

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
Your post reminded me of the following of an eminem track. Amazing how many UCONN analogies are in here. (sorry ahead of time for posting eminem lyrics)

The soul's escaping, through this hole that is gaping
This world is mine for the taking
Make me king, as we move toward a new world order
A normal life is boring, but supers om's close to post mortem
It only grows harder, homie grows hotter
He blows. It's all over. These hoes is all on him
Coast to coast shows, he's known as the globetrotter
Lonely roads, God only knows
He's grown farther from home, he's no father
He goes home and barely knows his own daughter
But hold your nose 'cause here goes the cold water
His hoes don't want him no more, he's cold product
They moved on to the next schmoe who flows
He nose dove and sold nada
So the soap opera is told and unfolds
I suppose it's old partner but the beat goes on

No more games, I'm a change what you call rage
Tear this mother ing roof off like two dogs caged
I was playing in the beginning, the mood all changed
I've been chewed up and spat out and booed off stage
But I kept rhyming and stepped right into the next cypher
Best believe somebody's paying the pied piper
All the pain inside amplified by the fact
That I can't get by with my 9 to 5
And I can't provide the right type of life for my family
Cause man, these goshdarn food stamps don't buy diapers
And it's no movie, there's no Mekhi Phifer, this is my life
And these times are so hard, and it's getting even harder
Trying to feed and water my seed, plus
Teeter totter caught up between being a father and a prima donna
Baby mama drama's screaming on and
Too much for me to wanna
Stay in one spot, another day of monotony
Has gotten me to the point, I'm like a snail
I've got to formulate a plot or I end up in jail or shot
Success is my only mother ing option, failure's not
Mom, I love you, but this trailer's got to go
I cannot grow old in Salem's lot
So here I go it's my shot.
Feet, fail me not, this may be the only opportunity that I got

You better lose yourself in the music, the moment
You own it, you better never let it go
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime yo
You better lose yourself in the music, the moment
You own it, you better never let it go
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime yo
This!
http://m.youtube.com/results?q=lose+yourself+eminem&sm=1

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm feeling much more calm than usual. Maybe it is because by getting here, our place is secure. Ollie has already succeeded in following up a legend. Next year's team is looking very strong. Even a loss doesn't knock us down, while a win, it elevates us even further. We can't fall tonight, we can only rise.

Reaction Score
Most nervous/excited about a UConn game since 1999, and most nervous/excited about any sporting event since Game 7 of Sox-Yankees in 2004.

But there is a game tonight. So win it.

Reaction Score
Understand that football is driving realignment, but I'm thinking that a win here would help our chances to get into a P-5, which is the only reason I'm a little nervous about tonight. Ridiculous that we even need to worry about such things.

Reaction Score
Reading these posts, I think I developed anxiety. Beer is the cure...but boy is it sweet to see our team coming up big. For the UConn program I'm totally remind of this famous quote "You know, Lloyd, just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"
Redemption has already happened baby! Now just win!

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I am amazingly calm like I was in 2004 and 2011. If we were playing Wisconsin or any other team tonight, if we lost I'd say, "It was a great season and they exceeded all expectations." But since it's Kentucky I say, "Losing is not an option! Let's blow these bastards out then brand a Senhor Testiculo emblem on the Squid's forehead!"

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I'm like shaking. I feel confident, but there is a high level of uncertainty.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I was a bit nervous but after listening to Billy Packer and Tom Brennan saying that its UConn taking on UK (when UConn has the higher seed) and their read that UConn beat MSU and UF when those teams played their worst games all season but UK played 3 teams who played near perfect games, I am now convinced UConn wins tonight and by at least 7.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Torture -- Game time is 10am Tuesday morning for me and I have an absolutely unavoidable work commitment.

Ouch....DVR it, don't listen to any media, watch it like it's live....

Reaction Score
I refuse to be nervous.

We'll will this team to victory (if that's what it takes) through the power of mojo.

(That, and we have Bazz.)

Reaction Score
Weird thinking I'm that old, but it's true.

I feel like I've had 3 pots of Arabica, when in fact I've had none. I can't focus on work today, and several new clients came in and a jackass attorney pulled a bonehead move that I've had to bail out all day.

I literally can feel my heart beating irregularly and quicker than normal, and my neck feels a bit tight, like my BP is high.

I'm never like this. Not even when what's his face was tripping into the hardwood to seal up our 1s of many. And I feel very good about our chances.

What is it? Is it the notion that we've played so far beyond our expectations, but we greedily want one more, knowing we're asking for a dice roll of 6 after having already rolled five 6s in a row?

Anybody else feeling exceptionally anxious?
Where were you in 99? H'll, I almost passed out at the end of that game.

Reaction Score
I really think I felt more nervous in 2011. At that point, the UConn program was at a fork in the road, to continued success post-Calhoun, or into mediocrity as the haters so desperately wanted. There was so much going on off the basketball court that had a question mark. I think we needed 2011 more than we knew.

This season, all is well. We know we are in good hands.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was a bit nervous but after listening to Billy Packer and Tom Brennan saying that its UConn taking on UK (when UConn has the higher seed) and their read that UConn beat MSU and UF when those teams played their worst games all season but UK played 3 teams who played near perfect games, I am now convinced UConn wins tonight and by at least 7.
Well we have been extraordinary lucky in the tournament to always face teams who chose the day we play them to have the absolutely worst game. I mean what are the odds of that happening?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm beginning to feel the way I did a little more than 15 years ago. That game couldn't start soon enough because all anyone spoke about was how dominant Duke was (I was convinced, still am in fact that we beat them seven times out of ten). I wanted the rest of the world to see reality as soon as possible.

Right now, after hearing the ESPN group it is deja vu. I want them and I want them now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom