Most Casual Fan Thing You've Done | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Most Casual Fan Thing You've Done

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Let's see...

☑ Been to first night
☑ Been to Jim Calhoun Celebrity Classic
☑ Have gotten autographs, pictures "for my kids." (I mean they were with my kids and I gave them to them but still..)
Guilty of all three, multiple times each.

Reaction Score
I've left games early. More so recently, because, you know. BB and FB. I live a 5 minute walk from XL. The worst was the MBB game when we were down 30-9 at halftime (UMass, when was that?). We came back to win. Still feed bad about that one.

Reaction Score
Drove to Hartford in a blizzard and paid $100 per ticket from a scalper for me and my son. Wait, that’s more like hardcore, not casual.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Made love during a uconn NCAA tournament game commercial. But finished before the game resumed. Tv timeouts are way too long in the tournament
Wouldn't have been If you were at the game.

Reaction Score
Deciding i didn't want to shell out the cash to go see UConn vs Syracuse at MSG this year even though I've gone three years straight.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Recording a game because of a family affair; hearing that they lost and didn't even look at the game or it's highlights.
This only in the last couple of years which assures me that I am indeed a casual fan or at least a fair weather fan. I just could not bear the lack of hustle more than anything except maybe the hangdog faces of KO.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Honestly, for the past 2 seasons, people turning off or doing other more enticing things is not the mark of a casual fan.

It was simply flat out bad basketball, and brought no joy watching. The losing wasn't even the biggest issue, it was just so putrid to watch, that you shouldn't be ashamed to say you were wanting to do something else. There were a million better ways to invest your time than watching the Huskies in from Fall of 2016 through Spring of 2018.

If you don't watch this year, you are 'casual' for sure.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'd like to call this out separate from Chief's Casual Fan Night thread.

What is a casual fan? The term gets thrown around so loosely it's sometimes tough to know what casual fans actually do.

For example, chicken wings are sacreds. One time I got casual and ordered boneless wings since it was less effort to eat. I was later told boneless wings are nothing more than adult chicken nuggets.
Wait.

You had to be told that?

So before someone told you that you pictured elves back in the kitchen removing bones from wings?

The best jokes are jokes that are missed by some in the audience. It's not even an original joke. The whole "boneless wings are chicken nuggets for adults" joke has been around for years. It's perfect to bust out in a group environment at a sports bar or something like that. Only cool to do it to a dude. Don't ever expect that joke to go over well when thrown at women.

Another thing I've done as a casual fan is go down rabbit hole debates with internet trolls. Real fans know when they make a fantastic joke and it goes over the head of smelly hippies to just let it ride and move on in life. Casual fans take up valuable time of other posters by postings posts that are too long and in length with out adding anything to the conversation. Real fans find it annoying; casual fans don't even know they are being drawn in to a troll fight and feed the fire.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom