Most Casual Fan Thing You've Done | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Most Casual Fan Thing You've Done

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The best jokes are jokes that are missed by some in the audience. It's not even an original joke. The whole "boneless wings are chicken nuggets for adults" joke has been around for years. It's perfect to bust out in a group environment at a sports bar or something like that. Only cool to do it to a dude. Don't ever expect that joke to go over well when thrown at women.

Another thing I've done as a casual fan is go down rabbit hole debates with internet trolls. Real fans know when they make a fantastic joke and it goes over the head of smelly hippies to just let it ride and move on in life. Casual fans take up valuable time of other posters by postings posts that are too long and in length with out adding anything to the conversation. Real fans find it annoying; casual fans don't even know they are being drawn in to a troll fight and feed the fire.

There is no such thing as a boneless wing. It’s a chicken tender with sauce.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Last time I went to Tavern House Grill I ordered buffalo wings and they brought out a platter of chicken tenders and poured Franks all over them.

C

Chief00

I'd like to call this out separate from Chief's Casual Fan Night thread.

What is a casual fan? The term gets thrown around so loosely it's sometimes tough to know what casual fans actually do.

For example, chicken wings are sacreds. One time I got casual and ordered boneless wings since it was less effort to eat. I was later told boneless wings are nothing more than adult chicken nuggets.
Great post.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
During his redshirt season, I incorrectly believed Ruslan Inyatkin's last name to just be Yatkin.

Reaction Score
I watched the UConn Syracuse 6OT game in my apartment in Manhattan because my wife didn't want to go with me and I didn't want to go out leaving her at home alone.

Almost exactly a year later we decided to separate and then divorced.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The best jokes are jokes that are missed by some in the audience. It's not even an original joke. The whole "boneless wings are chicken nuggets for adults" joke has been around for years. It's perfect to bust out in a group environment at a sports bar or something like that. Only cool to do it to a dude. Don't ever expect that joke to go over well when thrown at women.

Another thing I've done as a casual fan is go down rabbit hole debates with internet trolls. Real fans know when they make a fantastic joke and it goes over the head of smelly hippies to just let it ride and move on in life. Casual fans take up valuable of other posters by postings posts that are too long and in length with out adding anything to the conversation. Real fans find it annoying; casual fans don't even know they are being drawn in to a troll fight and feed the fire.

Uh-huh.

So instead I'll provide something "Boneyard casual", I won't drink Rolling Rock. At all. But I also did not drink it in 1999, 2004, 2011 or 2014.

RR does indeed suck. But one can hold one's nose and drink a bottle. However, if the stunod who decreed RR a "sacred" had done so with a Michelob Ultra, I'd sooner be a Cuse fan. There are limits.

Anyway, I never liked the Gay/Charlie V era. Just never warmed up to them. Usually had the games on, but wasn't invested. And I've given Penn State's dairy bar a better review than UConn's.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't think I've ever been a casual fan. The first Christmas present with a plug I ever received was an AM clock radio. UConn was playing the next day and I've been a fan ever since. But I was taken for a casual fan once. I was at a Vegas sports book the week before the 1990 BET. They had the tournament odds posted in front of us, the top 3 were close but UConn was listed first (8-5, 9-5, 2-1, iirc) and I said out loud what I was thinking, "Can you [freaking] believe that UConn is favored to win?" Thinking in my mind, "look we're finally a player." But the ticket puncher chimed right in like I was a casual fan, "UConn deserves to be the favorite, they're for real this year!"

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I went on a first date with a girl from Tinder the night of the Villanova game in the 2014 run.

However, at half time I ended the date early because I couldn't stand not watching it and went to a sports bar to watch the 2nd half.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I went on a first date with a girl from Tinder the night of the Villanova game in the 2014 run.

However, at half time I ended the date early because I couldn't stand not watching it and went to a sports bar to watch the 2nd half.

Still single, aren't ya?

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Scheduled a vacation in Mexico the first week of April, 2014. Only saving grace were the Kansas fans at the resort who couldn't stand Kentucky ;)

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

Sadly, some chickens are born without bones in their wings. See my go fund me page.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have to watch a bunch of games on DVR, which is usually fine, but last season I would start ffwd if we got down by 15 and only watch in real time if they ever cut it past 15.

Needless to say I wore out the ffwd last year.

Yep must admit to the same. Hate to say I even just "Deleted" one, maybe 2. Ugghhhh

Reaction Score
I used to make it a point to watch every game, whether I had to listen on radio or figure out some other way. I would also check multiple blogs religiously. After leaving the big east and the team trending downwards the last few years, my interest has gone down considerably. I'll still try and catch as many games as I can but I won't rearrange my schedule like I used to. I'm excited for the Hurley era, but I can't see my excitement for collegeball ever reaching the days of the big east unfortunately .

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
You have always missed games. Remember when you missed a game because you were raking leaves?

#theyardneverforgets
That day, sir Deep, was one where I tuned in late due to raking leaves. Messed up on the start time so missed the first half. It was the J Dyson face plant game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom