Moriah Jefferson is Awesome Thread | The Boneyard

Moriah Jefferson is Awesome Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Leaving aside all the negativity about flopping, refs and the like. Our point guard was just terrific against a strong, quick and talented Sims. A benchmark game for the MOJet. NO TO's!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Leaving aside all the negativity about flopping, refs and the like. Our point guard was just terrific against a strong, quick and talented Simms. A benchmark game for the MOJet. NO TO's!!
Yup. She's the real deal. She's gaining more and more confidence every game and looking like a seasoned veteran out there. You can tell she learned a few things from Kelly Faris. The best part is we get to watch her for two more years after this one.

Reaction Score
This was the best game of her Uconn career so far....in her home state no less. Props to her!

U

UCONNfan1

And she wasn't overwhelmed by the moment either. Knowing her team was in trouble, not executing, whatever, she went out and did everything in her control to help the team win. People sort of joked about some New York players going to Madison Square Garden and not having a great, or even good, game. Not so for Moriah. Just fantastic.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
So many time you see players in these "homecoming games" wilt a little... not Moriah. Actually outplayed a potential #1 draft choice for long stretches. Her family must be just BUSTING with pride.

EDIT: Sorry UCONNFAN, I guess I was typing as you were posting; we said about the same thing. Must be true then!

Reaction Score
And she wasn't overwhelmed by the moment either. Knowing her team was in trouble, not executing, whatever, she went out and did everything in her control to help the team win. People sort of joked about some New York players going to Madison Square Garden and not having a great, or even good, game. Not so for Moriah. Just fantastic.
I was worried she might press a little bit with friends and family there to watch, but she played great.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Moriah was outstanding. Sims probably will win the Lieberman Award, especially with Chelsea Gray out, but I love Moriah's game.

Reaction Score
I think she is becoming the most reliable player for UCONN. Stefanie is still the one but Moriah is closing.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
OP: "Moriah Jefferson is Awesome!"

I second the motion!

All in favor say 'aye' !

:D

w_a_uconn_kh_576x324.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think she is becoming the most reliable player for UCONN. Stefanie is still the one but Moriah is closing.
I was gonna say that as well, but was too lazy to look up the stats. She doesn't turn the ball over much, and you can count on her to get 10 pts +/-, several steals, tipped passes, assists, and of course the occasional 3 pointer and blocked shot where she shows us her leaping ability.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
She was tremendous on DEFENSE doing so many things including many subtle things. Many things that do not show in the boxscore, including getting out and forcing Baylor to pull out of breakaways.

Reaction Score
I said in the game thread, she never takes a play off. She's extremely fit. And as UCONNfan said, she has a great sense of the "moment" and the game flow--when to distribute the ball vs. when to take the shot herself--moreso than Stewart, our POY candidate.

Not slamming Stewie...just imagining what a phenomenal player Moriah would be if she was bigger/taller. She'll have to settle for just being plain AWESOME.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Leaving aside all the negativity about flopping, refs and the like. Our point guard was just terrific against a strong, quick and talented Simms. A benchmark game for the MOJet. NO TO's!!
She's even more impressive live. You can't believe the controlled speed she plays at. Got a few gears no one else has!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
So many time you see players in these "homecoming games" wilt a little... not Moriah. Actually outplayed a potential #1 draft choice for long stretches. Her family must be just BUSTING with pride.

EDIT: Sorry UCONNFAN, I guess I was typing as you were posting; we said about the same thing. Must be true then!

Yes, even DT had a zero point game in a homecoming IIRC. It's a lot of pressure.

Reaction Score
While some of our players struggled tonight, Mo was sensational. Also, Bria really stepped up in the second half, but Mo is making a hell of a difference for us this year!

Reaction Score
Moriah's improvement from last year is stunning. Every game I watch her play there is at least one "wow" moment. Tonight the block and the play where she dove for the loose ball in front of the Baylor players were amazing. A joy to watch.

Reaction Score

I wonder how often Sims comes up against a truly talented player that is faster than she is. Mo burned her a couple of times. Grabbed a loose ball out from under Sims even though she was about 15 feet away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom