Moriah Jefferson is Awesome Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Moriah Jefferson is Awesome Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
While some of our players struggled tonight, Mo was sensational. Also, Bria really stepped up in the second half, but Mo is making a hell of a difference for us this year!

Agree on Bria. Sounds like Geno really, really, really challenged her at halftime and she responded like she often does in big games. She made some big shots, and with Moriah played some great defense on Sims.

Moriah was just terrific. It's fun to watch her growth as a player and as a person.

Rebecca agreed:

Rebecca Lobo ‏@RebeccaLobo 2h
Moriah Jefferson is the MVP for Uconn so far. She's out-working everyone on the floor.

Reaction Score
Mo was amazing. her emergence as a leader has made me so happy. Love watching her play. We needed her quickness and athleticism tonight. She is a tenacious on ball defender.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
At MoJet's speed that seems like sometime in the middle of next month.

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
My wife claims that I commented at least a half dozen times during tonight's game telecast about Jefferson's outstanding performance. I believe this ties a record set by Laura Lishness in '91 and previously tied by Jen Rizzotti in '95. Pretty good company.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I didnt watch the game... but I hear Moriah was awesome and blocked a shot

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
MoJeff is just fabulous. What an improved and confident player. With her hustle and intelligence the sky is the limit.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Truly awesome and Aye!
Her defense was so impressive, short in stature but huge in heart and intensity and sped and lightning quick hands, and she can elevate.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Her Kelly Farris-like never ending hustle is unreal- what a quantum leap this yr in every aspect of the game against the best pt Gd in the game, tough road game in hostile environment and in front of her family and friends . When I met her at Civic Center with Stewie, after she committed her senior yr in High School- I asked her- " moriah- are you as quick as Brianna Banks?"and she looked at me sideways, with a little grin and whispered-"I'm quicker". What a smile- and what a competitor!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Lots of press and talk about Sims, who is a tremendous talent.

But both Bria and Moriah outplayed her tonight.

Sims reminds me of the great Oscar Robertson in one significant way. On offense, she always has the ball. (If they had a "time of possession" stat, like football, she would command a huge batch of minutes.)

The upside of this is that she shoots a lot and scores a lot. Thus, 30+ppg average.

The downside is that her teammates, being human, tend to stand and watch instead of constant motion. Her stats support my comment.

The steady assassin-like demeanor of both Bria and Moriah stand in contrast to the occasional displays of frustration (with her teammates) by Sims.

Is Sims the best PG in wcbb? Probably.

But not tonight.

Reaction Score
The scary part{for other teams} is that Mo Jet will only get better and better throughout the rest of her career. We all know about her tenacious defense, endless hustle, ability to penetrate and finish at the rim or find a teammate for an open look, but like all the "great ones" she is never satisfied and is continually adding something to her game. This year she has added a certain confidence and leadership quality that is hard to find in underclassmen. If she is able to consistently knock down the open 3 like she has recently then she is pretty much unstoppable.

Reaction Score
She'll be even more phenomenal by the NCAA tournament. And then two more years of phenomenal play.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The scary part{for other teams} is that Mo Jet will only get better and better throughout the rest of her career. We all know about her tenacious defense, endless hustle, ability to penetrate and finish at the rim or find a teammate for an open look, but like all the "great ones" she is never satisfied and is continually adding something to her game. This year she has added a certain confidence and leadership quality that is hard to find in underclassmen. If she is able to consistently knock down the open 3 like she has recently then she is pretty much unstoppable.
Spot on with the highlighted bit. Her confidence is sky high and her leadership is developing very nicely along with her ownership of the faults the team displays.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well since I didn't see it yet in this thread (or I missed it) her is her line
13 points / 6 rebounds / 5 assists / 0 turnovers / 4 steals / 1 block / 67% 3pt

Like we said a couple years ago, Jefferson was the highest rated PG to come out of HS in years. She was only #2 overall behind.....Stewart (who just might end up being the best ever).

It was kind of funny in the summer when some people were advocating starting Tuck or Banks (or even Chong) over Jefferson.

Great game by Jefferson. I expect she will have a pretty good shot at winning the Lieberman award her Jr/Sr years.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I can only imagine how good she is going to be in her senior year.

When she will be a senior and more than ready for the Olympic team tryouts!!! (Looking forward to that!!)

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Moriah's dad, quoted at the game:

"She has always played like that from the time she was in fourth, fifth grade, heck she was younger than that she played with the boys and always played like that so I am not surprised at all," said Lorenza Jefferson, Moriah's father. "What has happened is she is being herself." (emphasis mine)

Hmmm---

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Yup, that is the feeling I have. She came knowing she had a lot to learn and questioned herself at everyturn looking for affirmation. She now understands that she is the one in control of the Ferrari and is ready to let it run knowing she has control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom