Morgan's Decision (merged thread) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Morgan's Decision (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thanks for the memories, Morgan! We completely understand your decision, and we're with you all the way. We all wish you the best of luck in basketball and other pursuits. You've been marvelous!!!

Good luck, Morgan!! All the best!!!

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Good luck and God Bless.
I think she made the right choice.
In addition to her talent, character, dependability and commitment, I will miss her eyes.
They look so honest, thoughtful and insightful.
A big figurative hug to another great kid we had the pleasure to have known.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
What was the point of waiting so long to make this announcement? Clearly, she had decided long ago. Was she really just waiting to see if they won their final game? Someone please explain.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Best of luck to her in her future. She seems to have a good head on her shoulder. I think she'll do well in whatever comes her way.

Didn't think she'd leave at the beginning of the year, but as you watched her throughout the year, kinda became resigned to it.
At the beginning of the year, she said she was staying. Some things, including possibly the knee injury, caused her to change her mind.

Reaction Score
I talked to her at the autograph session and she was sure, but the way the season progressed she should leave to fulfill her dream of playing in the WNBA!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
My guess is that as the year wore on, what became paramount in her mind was the bond she shared with Stewie and Mo, and that as the reality of their departure came into clear view, the thought of going on without them just seemed too weird. They came in as a group, they set out to win 4 as a group, and having accomplished that they are leaving as a group. That, and the fact that her knee has been feeling very good of late caused her to say it's time to move forward with the other 2 musketeers.

Reaction Score
At the beginning of the year, she said she was staying. Some things, including possibly the knee injury, caused her to change her mind.
She also said she was considering going pro at the beginning of the year. It was always 50/50 in my mind.

Reaction Score
Not a surprise but a little disappointed. She has made the right decision for herself. I've been amazed at how well her knee held up this year. I hope she has a successful and rewarding pro career. Will be missed.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
What was the point of waiting so long to make this announcement? Clearly, she had decided long ago. Was she really just waiting to see if they won their final game? Someone please explain.
The players don't owe us anything more than entertaining basketball games. They do not have to explain how, why, or when they make decisions regarding their personal lives.

Reaction Score
Best wishes always, Morgan! I still remember how I felt when you were coming back from your injury and we fans started to see what you could REALLY do - so exciting, so awesome! Thank you for all you gave the team, and what you will continue to give to women's basketball.

Reaction Score
It was a free option (for a fifth year), so why not wait? If you think about it, Geno dropped hints in one of the first Geno Shows of the season (saying they'd welcome her back if she wanted to return), and by January it was the worst kept secret in WCBB as most of the talking heads acted as if it was a done deal.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Congrats and Good Luck. Thanks for everything

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
AN OPEN LETTER TO MORGAN TUCK - Words cannot describe the love, admiration and appreciation we (fans) have for you. You came to UConn 4 years ago a young teen, wide eyed and unsure what the future held, but you were ready for the challenge.

Today you leave as a grown mature woman that along with your two classmates, has left an indelible mark not only in UConn women's basketball history, but in women's college basketball as well.

You became a leader. You grew into someone that the coaches could point to and say, there's a leader. You should all try and do what she's doing. You were determined to worked harder than anyone else. You became the rock. The player that held everything together. When you were not on the court, your absence was conspicuous. You never got tired. You were always there for your teammates on and off the court.

All of the hard work you put in is truly recognized and appreciated by your fans. Your unwavering character shines as bright as a beacon in the night, and became a lodestone that the younger players could strive to emulate.

You can't see it now because you're in the moment, but years from now, after you've moved on, you'll begin to understand just how much you meant to your teammates and the program. A large number of fans and your coaches think of you as the "rock". Not many people can be a rock (a firm foundation).

You gave of your self (mentored others), so that others could benefit, and be the best person and player that they could be. You were there for others, in the same way others had been there for you when you first entered the program. The program could not have had the success they achieved with out you. You will always be lovingly thought of by us as one of "The BIG 3"

The university will no doubt find a corner or section in Gampel or the Werth Center to memorialize you, Breanna and Moriah, your classmates that you will be bonded to forever. The three of you will always be in our hearts and in our fondest memories. Your teams gave us happiness and unbridled pleasure that no one can ever take away.

Thank you for all of the hard work, sweat, gym time, film study, laps ran and drills you endured during the past four years to make yourself, and your team the best it could be. We know there were lots of trials and tribulation that went on behind closed doors the past four years. We know it wasn't always easy or convenient. You endured. You stayed the course to the finish. You were able to grab the gold ring at the end of your journey.

UConn Nation salutes you. We wish you all the best as you turn a page in your book of life, and begin a new chapter. You'll leave the friendly confines of the UConn campus, but you'll take the love, appreciation, support and respect of your fans with you where ever you go.

We will always remember you. You will always be a fan favorite, and have a special place in our hearts. We'll continue to root and cheer for you as you become a professional athlete.

Here's wishing you nothing but the best that life has to offer where ever you go, what ever you do. Continue to be the ambassador you've become for UConn and women's basketball. Remember, as you journey through life, someone will always be watching you. There are people you have yet to meet on whom you will make a lasting impression on. Go get 'em Morgan, you're one of a kind. We love you.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Wait til the year was done. Why not? Don't need the interference when you're going for the NC. Makes perfect sense to wait til the year was done.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score

Lots of boneyarders can (and may) speculate "the point," but only Morgan can explain.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Wait til the year was done. Why not? Don't need the interference when you're going for the NC. Makes perfect sense to wait til the year was done.
Seems like more "interference" to keep the decision a secret, although I'm pretty sure her coaches and teammates knew. But Papa33 is correct, only Morgan really knows her reasoning.

I guess in general I don't understand the point of keeping secrets, especially this one. Although it may be that CD told her not to reveal her decision until after the final game.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Don't feel bad when I plagiarize all of this and title it: An open letter to Morgan, Stewie and Moriah.
Well Done!

Feel free. I'm glad I was able to serve as a source of inspiration to you. I look forward to reading it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom