Morgan Cheli is a Husky! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Morgan Cheli is a Husky!

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Great get for Geno and Chris D., UConn team and Fans.
I remember the hubub when Haley Jones was being recruited and she stayed local. Truth be told, I thought -- in the end -- this would be a replication of it. Kudos for getting her to come to the right coast.

Her creativity reminds me of Paige B. to some degree, but her attention to technical details has a bit of ND's Sonia Citron. With Cheli and Ziebell in tow, you guys have the Fighting Irish in catch-up mode. :mad:;) And we haven't even gotten to enjoy Hannah Hidalgo getting on campus for the '23 season! Congrats..

Reaction Score
She was the player on the board that I thought would be diamond. She was slowed by injury but this is a huge get in the class and brings in another guard with size which is going to be needed. A couple good ones in and a couple more make this a great UCONN class.

Reaction Score
IMO Caroline is more of a wing/shooting guard. Morgan is absolutely capable of playing pg, although she would be equally effective at wing/shooting guard.
Haven't seen enough to form a strong opinion, but in that regard she might have some similarity to Evina, a swiss army knife capable of playing 1-3, and in Evina's case occasionaly the 4 in a small lineup.

Reaction Score
Never thought Morgan would leave the west coast, much less end up at the house Geno built. It's now time for me to invest in advanced medical equipment so I have a good chance of being around in my upper 70's to see the upcoming Husky flying circus. With the help of God, like Geno, the Huskies and my B.Y friends we aren't going anywhere. :cool:
Maybe we need a Boneyard nursing home for all us geezers! They would have to have a cable subscription including SNY though!

freekimchee

food whisperer
Reaction Score
Congratulations to Morgan and her family. Welcome to the Husky family!

This is such wonderful news. I thought for sure she was headed I-280 N. Seriously, coach? First Ziebell and now Cheli. He got two of the four I really wanted from that class. Now he just has to finish Ukraine Strong!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So I just did my homework by watching a bunch of videos on Morgan. A 6’2” pg, with a great handle who attacks the basket, rebounds, drops dimes and can shoot it from the arc??? I think she’ll fit in nicely…:)

By the way, as good as Morgan is, she is only the 2nd best player on the team behind another 6’2” player, McKenna Woliczko, who is just a 9th grader…:eek:
Maybe we get McKenna W. in the class of 2026! Start recruiting for your future (and current) teammate, Morgan!

Reaction Score
Congratulations to Morgan and her family. Welcome to the Husky family!

This is such wonderful news. I thought for sure she was headed I-280 N. Seriously, coach? First Ziebell and now Cheli. He got two of the four I really wanted from that class. Now he just has to finish Ukraine Strong!
I endorse many types of "STRONG". Welcome to Morgan!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Never thought Morgan would leave the west coast, much less end up at the house Geno built. It's now time for me to invest in advanced medical equipment so I have a good chance of being around in my upper 70's to see the upcoming Husky flying circus. With the help of God, like Geno, the Huskies and my B.Y friends we aren't going anywhere. :cool:
I’m wondering about early 80s. Reading about potential recruits 3 or more years out is beginning to feel like science fiction to me. I have a good C-PAP machine to recommend

Reaction Score
I am channeling Carnac's long lost cousin, Karnak. He predicts a certain new young recruit will jump from #18 to very close to the top five in her class due to the impending unstoppable "UConn Effect". He also predicts the Sun will rise again in the East again tomorrow.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
I’m wondering about early 80s. Reading about potential recruits 3 or more years out is beginning to feel like science fiction to me. I have a good C-PAP machine to recommend
I'm on my fourth C-Pap. Guess I'll have to get a new one before all the new wonder-kids arrive.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I'm on my fourth C-Pap. Guess I'll have to get a new one before all the new wonder-kids arrive.
I'm waiting for VA to replace my current one. Phillips has recalled it, but I have to keep it until I get one in it's place. Phillips informed me I should be getting the replacement within 6 months. That will make it almost 7 years old when I get the new one. It will be my fifth C-Pap, my first one was in 99.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
“It’s basketball royalty,” Mitty coach Sue Phillips said on Thursday. “Morgan Cheli is headed to a place that has 11 national championships to play for a generational coach in Geno Auriemma. Like she said, her goal is to try to win a national championship.”

Auriemma has visited Mitty’s campus several times, according to Phillips.

“He has impressed upon me what he enjoys most is her versatility and that she makes the right basketball play and her ability to score in a variety of different ways,” Phillips said. “She also excels on the defensive side of the ball.

“It was well thought out. Couldn’t be happier for Morgan and her parents, as well as UConn. UConn is getting an unbelievable player and an even better person. Mo is going to a terrific place for her.”

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
What makes the future Husky one of the most sought-after high school players in the country? Just about everything. At 6-2 with standout athleticism, a complete array of point guard skills, and the ability to play alongside other lead guards as well, there isn't a box Cheli doesn't check.

Cheli is a particularly versatile offensive focal point who's rapidly improving as a go-to scorer, and one that very few guards – or frontcourt players – can matchup with. And one could argue that she's the best defensive player in the state, a monster in the passing lanes who can bring the clamps any position at the high school level and projects to be a defensive stopper at future levels guarding one through three.

Reaction Score
Not a criticism, just an observation, I hope she develops her Left hand (for layups and back to the basket play) before she get here. She's got Talent for sure, using both hands makes her less predictable.

Reaction Score
Great get! I’m excited to see her play. Hope she ads some good weight/muscle to her frame.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
So I just did my homework by watching a bunch of videos on Morgan. A 6’2” pg, with a great handle who attacks the basket, rebounds, drops dimes and can shoot it from the arc??? I think she’ll fit in nicely…:)

By the way, as good as Morgan is, she is only the 2nd best player on the team behind another 6’2” player, McKenna Woliczko, who is just a 9th grader…:eek:
Think she could be similar to Maddy Siegrist in playing style?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom