Morgan Cheli is a Husky! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Morgan Cheli is a Husky!

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Can you imagine Geno right now? Between the "I know something you don't know" about potential commitments, and the fact that he cannot make any comments about players until they sign a NLI, he must be busting with joy. Props to all coaches that have to keep secrets such as these, and then when they are public, cannot say anything? Sheesh.

Reaction Score
Oh Yeah Dancing GIF

Reaction Score
Cheli along with Ziebell are two outstanding additions to the 2024 class. Both are highly competitive blue collar ballers who are the guts and drive of every team they've played on to this point. The kind of kids that coaches build their teams around. And after 4 years with coach Sue Phillips at Mitty, Cheli will be fundamentally sound and will have no problem picking up O and D schemes at UConn.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Would it be fair to say that she is a Caroline type of player? Similar size and skills, similar likely difficulties on defense, similar basketball IQ?

Just from the clips and the other information, she looks that way to me.

JBK

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Would it be fair to say that she is a Caroline type of player? Similar size and skills, similar likely difficulties on defense, similar basketball IQ?

JMO, I think Cheli will be more athletic, quicker and better on defense, and a better ballhandler, passer, and scorer in traffic. Similar BB IQ and 3 ball shooter.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

IMO Caroline is more of a wing/shooting guard. Morgan is absolutely capable of playing pg, although she would be equally effective at wing/shooting guard.

Reaction Score

From what I've seen I'd say she's a quicker, better athlete but doesn't have quite CD's outside shot..........most importantly she seems to share a similar competitive streak.....

Reaction Score
So I just did my homework by watching a bunch of videos on Morgan. A 6’2” pg, with a great handle who attacks the basket, rebounds, drops dimes and can shoot it from the arc??? I think she’ll fit in nicely…:)

By the way, as good as Morgan is, she is only the 2nd best player on the team behind another 6’2” player, McKenna Woliczko, who is just a 9th grader…:eek:
Very good point, I think this is a chess move. Morgan and McKenna are good friends. Morgan's a great player in her own right but having a line to that young lady in 2026 isn't a bad idea either

Reaction Score
Can you imagine Geno right now? Between the "I know something you don't know" about potential commitments, and the fact that he cannot make any comments about players until they sign a NLI, he must be busting with joy. Props to all coaches that have to keep secrets such as these, and then when they are public, cannot say anything? Sheesh.
Had a feeling when she and her parents attended the South Carolina game on their dime she was coming to Uconn.

Reaction Score
How many players can be on the roster for the 2023-2024 season.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Never thought Morgan would leave the west coast, much less end up at the house Geno built. It's now time for me to invest in advanced medical equipment so I have a good chance of being around in my upper 70's to see the upcoming Husky flying circus. With the help of God, like Geno, the Huskies and my B.Y friends we aren't going anywhere. :cool:

Reaction Score
From watching some vids on her game, very minimal. She is a good savy tall guard, who can defend, rebound and create her own shot. The only thing that is clear at least from what I watched is that she needs to continue to work on her left hand. She rarely goes left and when she does it's only to pass. Also, when she does decide to drive left and finish at the basket, she mostly finishes with her right. Again, all workable and I am sure she will be all in all, she looks good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom