More reasons to "love dook" | The Boneyard

More reasons to "love dook"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I can only assume that since he was threatened with a foul that the officials had to call it. Either that or face rat-faced ire.

Reaction Score
That may be the worst call of a foul I've ever seen unless you count the fouls that are always called when Enoch first steps onto the court. It would be refreshing if just one time in a situation like that where a team was a lock to win the game anyway that the player would pull a George Washington and go to the ref and say "no he didn't touch me". Wonder what the ref would do?

Reaction Score
I hate to say it, but the Tennessee State player does hit Grayson's left leg. Not sure if it's enough for a foul. If the ref was trailing the play it may be more visible.

Reaction Score
It's true. Too bad Allen has a history of kicking people.
I suppose that's a good point. The Tennessee State player makes no attempt to foul and barely even moves towards Allen. he was clearly getting out of the way. You could argue Allen initiated the contact.

Reaction Score
I hate to say it, but the Tennessee State player does hit Grayson's left leg. Not sure if it's enough for a foul. If the ref was trailing the play it may be more visible.
Yeah, I don't think this is particularly egregious. His back leg caught the Tennessee State players and it tripped him up. We know Allen is a , and it's probably something the refs could have just as well ignored, but nothing about this strikes me as some people getting upset just because it's Duke. If that were Adams, we'd want the call, and we'd probably be right.

Reaction Score
I suppose that's a good point. The Tennessee State player makes no attempt to foul and barely even moves towards Allen. he was clearly getting out of the way. You could argue Allen initiated the contact.

He absolutely initiated the contact, its more Grayson Allen moving in a way that a player has absolutely no reason to move. He wanted to get the foul, when the defender backed off he had to kick his left leg way out to the right to get contact, and still only barely did, still not the shadiest thing he's done.

The history with him though is so damning to K's legacy in my eyes, last year when there was this attention on him after repeated dirty plays where he'd hammer a guy and then pretend he got hit in the mouth and was being a brave soul for playing on, and coach K had the nerve to come out and say that because he's on Duke the world is harsher on him than any other player... sorry no, he was easily the dirtiest player in college basketball who had name recognition, and yet these calls never went against him as harshly as they should. If you are caught purposely tripping a player from the ground like he did 2-3 times last year, you should be suspended a game. Set a precedent and stop dirty play in its tracks

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
He absolutely initiated the contact, its more Grayson Allen moving in a way that a player has absolutely no reason to move. He wanted to get the foul, when the defender backed off he had to kick his left leg way out to the right to get contact, and still only barely did, still not the shadiest thing he's done.

The history with him though is so damning to K's legacy in my eyes, last year when there was this attention on him after repeated dirty plays where he'd hammer a guy and then pretend he got hit in the mouth and was being a brave soul for playing on, and coach K had the nerve to come out and say that because he's on Duke the world is harsher on him than any other player... sorry no, he was easily the dirtiest player in college basketball who had name recognition, and yet these calls never went against him as harshly as they should. If you are caught purposely tripping a player from the ground like he did 2-3 times last year, you should be suspended a game. Set a precedent and stop dirty play in its tracks

There's no real defending Allen. He's just lucky he hasn't seriously hurt someone with his dirty play.

I work with a Duke grad and I send him a video every time Allen trips or kicks someone or flops. He doesn't really have anything to say in response. Of course I'm his boss so that's probably a wise decision on his part.

Reaction Score
There's no real defending Allen. He's just lucky he hasn't seriously hurt someone with his dirty play.

I work with a Duke grad and I send him a video every time Allen trips or kicks someone or flops. He doesn't really have anything to say in response. Of course I'm his boss so that's probably a wise decision on his part.

Did you hire him nomar? (Deepster and brother swami take note)

Reaction Score
Haha, yes, BUT...I was killing him during the interview and he really couldn't push back at all, obviously.

The real test would have been when you shook his hand and said thank you, then when he turned to leave tripped him to see his reaction.;)

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The real test would have been when you shook his hand and said thank you, then when he turned to leave tripped him to see his reaction.;)

This was years before Allen ever stepped on campus. Instead I ragged on Wojo, Chris Collins, Redick and Chris Duhon's Rib.

And I made him reenact this scene:

hc-uconn-mens-1000point-club-pg-20140130-031

Not the Hurley/Smith stuff, whatever was going on there.

Reaction Score
It really looks like Hurley is doing his best guido impression

Reaction Score

It is astounding that Grayson Allen didn't get a technical for that initially.

The ref was looking right at it.

And then he got in the ref's face, and still no technical.

They had to go to the replay

Reaction Score
That was a pretty dangerous fall. If it was a dive, and I don't think it was, he's gonna need a stunt double or his career will be very short.

Reaction Score
I have a strong dislike for this duke team, haven't felt this way in years.

Agree, Allen all by himself is easy to hate but there's not much there to like. I really thing it's a way of coaching, it's "we are duke" sort of crap which he instills in these guys which makes them more unlikable than the Hoyas of Gene Smith, Michael Graham, Michael Jackson, Mouring, Dalton days...I mean by a lot too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom