More injuries in WBB (merged) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

More injuries in WBB (merged)

Reaction Score
Hawks starter Molly Davis just went down with a knee injury vs Ohio State. Looks like a bad one. They carried her off, didn't even try the limp off walk. :( What a thing to happen in her senior game and just before the NCAA's.

Reaction Score
Hawks starter Molly Davis just went down with a knee injury vs Ohio State. Looks like a bad one. They carried her off, didn't even try the limp off walk. :( What a thing to happen in her senior game and just before the NCAA's.
Saw it and it looked bad. Hate it for the young lady.

Reaction Score
Was looking forward to an exciting final day of regular basketball as a neutral fan, but ended up being bummed out despite the impressive Caitlin Clark show.

Heartbreaking seeing Molly Davis and then Kitley. Molly Davis was obviously bad, she was carried off and in a wheelchair later. Kitley situation a little more unclear, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s bad. Really unfortunate.

Reaction Score
Was looking forward to an exciting final day of regular basketball as a neutral fan, but ended up being bummed out despite the impressive Caitlin Clark show.

Heartbreaking seeing Molly Davis and then Kitley. Molly Davis was obviously bad, she was carried off and in a wheelchair later. Kitley situation a little more unclear, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s bad. Really unfortunate.
Don’t forget about Holmes! Are these all 5th year seniors too? Terrible.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Holmes looked more like a rolled ankle to me. Lily Meister (the backup to Holmes) also rolled her ankle late in the 4th.

In terms of Iowa injuries, besides Molly Davis' (likely) ACL today, our freshman backup PG Kennise Johnson also tore her ACL in practice this week.

Reaction Score
Yes I was also sad to hear that happened, sorry should have mentioned it but I didn’t see that one live on tv like the other 2. Hope she will be ok. I think she was able to walk back onto the bench too.

Hate to see this happen to anyone but it’s devastating for 5th year seniors on the last day of the season.

Really tough for the teams having to plan around these key players suddenly being out at this juncture. Molly Davis may be less statistically crucial to Iowa than Kitley or Holmes are to their respective teams, but I get the sense that she was an emotional leader of sorts and definitely a fan favorite. All 3 players I have enjoy watching and they have represented their schools tremendously over their careers.

Reaction Score

Kitley returned to the bench in her uniform, but didn’t return to the game. She didn’t appear to be that badly hurt, so I wondered if it was precautionary to keep her out of the game.

Reaction Score
Holmes looked more like a rolled ankle to me. Lily Meister (the backup to Holmes) also rolled her ankle late in the 4th.

In terms of Iowa injuries, besides Molly Davis' (likely) ACL today, our freshman backup PG Kennise Johnson also tore her ACL in practice this week.
They said it was a left knee injury post game but seemed optimistic. I always get nervous about non contact knee injuries like that though.

Kenny Brookes sounded devastated post game but I thought Kitley’s didn’t look so bad. So who knows.

Reaction Score
Kitley returned to the bench in her uniform, but didn’t return to the game. She didn’t appear to be that badly hurt, so I wondered if it was precautionary to keep her out of the game.
Kitley returned with tears in her eyes and as another poster said Brooks was super emotional in his post game....doesn't look good to me

Reaction Score
Yes I was also sad to hear that happened, sorry should have mentioned it but I didn’t see that one live on tv like the other 2. Hope she will be ok. I think she was able to walk back onto the bench too.

Hate to see this happen to anyone but it’s devastating for 5th year seniors on the last day of the season.

Really tough for the teams having to plan around these key players suddenly being out at this juncture. Molly Davis may be less statistically crucial to Iowa than Kitley or Holmes are to their respective teams, but I get the sense that she was an emotional leader of sorts and definitely a fan favorite. All 3 players I have enjoy watching and they have represented their schools tremendously over their careers.
Davis also helps to manage the offence to help balance Clark. The intangibles she provides are hard to put on a stat sheet.

Reaction Score
I was momentarily optimistic when she walked out not really limping and smiling with no brace or anything on the knee.

But I don’t think I saw her stand up for the rest of the game and she had tears in her eyes every time they showed her.

I thought back to right when the injury happened, she went down and she was immediately shaking her head no and Brooks was out there so quickly. She had torn her ACL as a senior in high school so I’m afraid she knew immediately what it felt like.

Then Brooks was very emotional in the postgame press conference. Sadly it doesn’t seem good. Would love to be wrong.

Reaction Score
I was watching that game and it did not look good. I feel for these players, especially when they are seniors and they are playing in their last game.

Reaction Score
This makes it potentially very bad for all of them. No returning collegiate eligibility, and if a serious knee injury no chance for this upcoming WNBA season. Even if you do have college eligibility remaining, this is a terrible time to sustain a serious knee injury.

You lose the most important part of this season, and may not be completely back by the tournament next year. Sorta like the situation with Olivia Miles at Notre Dame.

Reaction Score

Amid all the potentially college career-ending injuries to Davis, Kitley, Holmes, et al, that ACL incurred by Iowa PG hopeful Kennise Johnson probably will be of more than passing future interest to Iowa and Big Ten fans, since the Hawkeyes will be losing Clark, Davis, Marshall and Martin...

Last edited:

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
This is going to be an interesting 13 days until Selection Sunday, and whether teams disclose injuries between now and then, or choose the Stanford/Notre Dame path.

And yes, I know that there is no obligation to release info on injuries. It just makes the NCAAT committee's job a bit harder. If teams lose significant contributors but get seeded higher, based on the lack of info, it's fair to say that it will catch up with them. The injuries over the last 24 hrs or so could make the tournament that much more wide open.

Reaction Score
This is going to be an interesting 13 days until Selection Sunday, and whether teams disclose injuries between now and then, or choose the Stanford/Notre Dame path.

And yes, I know that there is no obligation to release info on injuries. It just makes the NCAAT committee's job a bit harder. If teams lose significant contributors but get seeded higher, based on the lack of info, it's fair to say that it will catch up with them. The injuries over the last 24 hrs or so could make the tournament that much more wide open.
You can be sure the committee will contact those coaches directly. And closely monitor their conference tournament performance.

Reaction Score

At least there will be conference tournaments to see if they play.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score

What, pray tell, is the "Stanford/Notre Dame" path?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom