More injuries in WBB (merged) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

More injuries in WBB (merged)

Reaction Score
Molly won't be available for the BTT is what Bluder said today, Syd Affolter will start in her place. They are optimistic Molly will be available at some point in the NCAA's.

Yeah, I don't see any "gamesmanship" from Bluder on this at all. I certainly get they hope she can come back. Might be unlikely but why shouldn't they hope for a quick heal? Couple of games in the Big Ten tourney in Mpls will give the team a few to adjust to more Affolter and Feuerbach and Hawks need to hope Marshall can step up late like last year.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
A St Louis player was carried off on a stretcher early in their game against Rhode Island. I’m not sure why; she hit her face on the court.

Reaction Score
I didn’t see the injury , what happened? Was she hit in the head/deck?
While trying to take a charge, Poa fell backwards and hit the back of her head hard on the court. She was crying. Her teammates were able to get her up on her feet, but Angel had to hold her up to keep her up. Members of LSU's coaching staff came out and tried to walk her off the court, but she wasn't actually walking. Then, the medical staff came out and laid her back on the ground for a few minutes until the EMTs brought out the stretcher and backboard and secured her. She reportedly has head and neck injuries.

Reaction Score
While trying to take a charge, Poa fell backwards and hit the back of her head hard on the court. She was crying. Her teammates were able to get her up on her feet, but Angel had to hold her up to keep her up. Members of LSU's coaching staff came out and tried to walk her off the court, but she wasn't actually walking. Then, the medical staff came out and laid her back on the ground for a few minutes until the EMTs brought out the stretcher and backboard and secured her. She reportedly has head and neck injuries.
Oh God awful awful. Praying for a full and quick recovery.

I can’t help but think the game has gotten far too physical with injuries piling up the way they are this year.

Reaction Score
It looked like Poa was having trouble breathing too on top of it all, like a possible injury to her trachea... but that could also be a concussion symptom.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Man these end of season injuries are just brutal. I can't remember so many top teams losing key figures in the last week or 2 of the regular season. In the last week we've had:
-LSU with Poa (and Williams/Reese having injuries)
-Indiana with Holmes
-Iowa with Davis
-Virginia Tech with Kitley
-ND with Watson.

Hopefully some of these players are back for the NCAAs, but I'm concerned that teams (Indiana/Iowa/VT) are hiding the severity of injuries to protect seeding. If all of those players are done for the year (excluding Reese/Williams), that's 5 teams in the top 10-15 losing crucial players with 1-2 week turnaround time before the NCAAs start. It basically nukes any chance of VT/Indiana making a deep run and severely impacts the depth of the other 3 programs.

Reaction Score
Man these end of season injuries are just brutal. I can't remember so many top teams losing key figures in the last week or 2 of the regular season. In the last week we've had:
-LSU with Poa (and Williams/Reese having injuries)
-Indiana with Holmes
-Iowa with Davis
-Virginia Tech with Kitley
-ND with Watson.

Hopefully some of these players are back for the NCAAs, but I'm concerned that teams (Indiana/Iowa/VT) are hiding the severity of injuries to protect seeding. If all of those players are done for the year (excluding Reese/Williams), that's 5 teams in the top 10-15 losing crucial players with 1-2 week turnaround time before the NCAAs start. It basically nukes any chance of VT/Indiana making a deep run and severely impacts the depth of the other 3 programs.
Don’t forget UConn losing Edwards. Can’t imagine she’ll be back for the Big East tournament, maybe NCAAs though.

Reaction Score
The injuries in the past week have been horrible, as they have been all season.

LSU medical staff exhibiting egregious malpractice trying to drag Poa off the court. NO IDEA what they were thinking. Prayers for that young lady.

Reaction Score
The injuries in the past week have been horrible, as they have been all season.

LSU medical staff exhibiting egregious malpractice trying to drag Poa off the court. NO IDEA what they were thinking. Prayers for that young lady.
I can’t stand LSU and even I’m mad about this play. Ole Miss player lowered her shoulder and slammed her hip into Poa. This is just one more example of a less talented team trying to win by beating up the other team. This isn’t physicality, it’s violence. The medical response was horrible. She never should have been moved and there should have been a paramedic response immediately. When there finally was a response, it was slow and badly executed.

Reaction Score
I can’t stand LSU and even I’m mad about this play. Ole Miss player lowered her shoulder and slammed her hip into Poa. This is just one more example of a less talented team trying to win by beating up the other team. This isn’t physicality, it’s violence. The medical response was horrible. She never should have been moved and there should have been a paramedic response immediately. When there finally was a response, it was slow and badly executed.
Yes it was a very reckless play by the Ole Miss player. She was running at absolute full speed and barreled into Poa like a train.

The trainers and medics, you had ONE JOB, don’t move a player who just had a head and possible neck injury!

I don’t put any of the blame on Angel Reese or Van Lith for trying to help her stand up because they are not trained professionals, but the way the trainers tried to make her walk off the court was shocking and made me sick to my stomach. They should have cut to commercial!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom