Mo Bamba Brother Tells All | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mo Bamba Brother Tells All

Reaction Score
I'm absolutely buying it – what kid wouldn't take a few hundred/thousand dollars in a similar situation? I sure would've.

But 1) college athletes should be paid, anyway; 2) Bamba seems like a great kid and I wish we'd gotten him; and 3) the brother seems like he has real issues and needs to grow the hell up.
You're gullible.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
The allegation that really peaked my interest is then meeting with NBA executives that tried to steer him to certain schools. If that is true it would be a pretty big scandal in college and NBA realms. The rest I could care less about and assume the brother is probably exaggerating

Reaction Score
I do not know you, but if the NCAA wanted to they could find out who you are through the website sign up very easily. Way to think that out before posting.
Not a conspiracy theorist, I am an attorney who does IP litigation, I have sent subpoenas to a number of message boards to get user information regarding postings related to copyright infringement and other non-criminal matters. So it does not have to be a criminal offense, no idea why you think that is required. Not saying they would or care, it was just a comment they could if they wanted to.
Dear Lord attorneys take the fun out everything..........if people are held accountable for random unnamed thoughts they convey on innocuous sports related web sites we need to rethink the privacy laws. We're not talking about national security or theft of intellectual property it's a fun sports message board that just became less fun.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You're gullible.

Is gullibility ever on the side of the prosecution with regards to top recruits being paid?

Incidentally, somebody has to take the side of the brother here. You don't do something like this unless he had it coming.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Don't know who Andrew Slater is, but he looks incredibly unprofessional acting as water boy for Bamba and his "mentor."

That was more of a sloppy hand job than reporting.
Well respected reporter on recruiting.

Reaction Score
Don't know who Andrew Slater is, but he looks incredibly unprofessional acting as water boy for Bamba and his "mentor."

That was more of a sloppy hand job than reporting.
He was great in Face Off and True Romance

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score

That's only because he didn't go to Uconn.
We would've lost our 2011,2014 championships and placed on an immediate
Tournament ban. Plus , the Rudy Gay to SA
Transaction would've been voided.

Reaction Score
That's only because he didn't go to UConn.
We would've lost our 2011,2014 championships and placed on an immediate
Tournament ban. Plus , the Rudy Gay to SA
Transaction would've been voided.

Yeah, really. How is this any different than the Ryan Boatright situation?

Reaction Score
Yeah, really. How is this any different than the Ryan Boatright situation?
Ryan actually sat out some games while it was under review.
He never was accused of getting benefits himself.
A family friend loaned his mother money for a second hand car.
The amounts were minimal.

Reaction Score
Although Horatio is being hyperbolas .
I suspect the outcome even if the same would have been a long dragged out battle which would have resulted in the young man missing some time.
"Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean the're not out to get us."

Reaction Score
Ryan actually sat out some games while it was under review. He never was accused of getting benefits himself.

He got whacked for airplane tickets and travel expenses to tourney in CA... btwn Mom and Ryan it was under $10k I believe.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom