Mo Bamba Brother Tells All | The Boneyard

Mo Bamba Brother Tells All

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Lol... I am glad we never got this guy. Sounds like a huge mess for many people. Brother just destroyed any future with his family now though.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Wait this stuff doesn't happen!

I always wondered why.......
At least this happened before the season started.

Last edited:

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Not buying it.
I'm absolutely buying it – what kid wouldn't take a few hundred/thousand dollars in a similar situation? I sure would've.

But 1) college athletes should be paid, anyway; 2) Bamba seems like a great kid and I wish we'd gotten him; and 3) the brother seems like he has real issues and needs to grow the hell up.

Reaction Score
Exclusive: Elite Texas Commit Mo Bamba's Longtime Mentor Responds To Estranged Brother's Allegations

While this was the first time the general public may have been made aware of the unique relationship between the estranged brothers and long-time Bamba confidant Love, it was merely the latest example of a mounting battle between the estranged brothers. Ibrahim Johnson, who is currently facing court dates for five separate felony and misdemeanor charges in five states (FL, NY, SC, OH, and IL), was long rumored to be a figure looking to exploit his five-star half-brother's recruitment in the grassroots, college, and professional community.

After a series of efforts made by his family to keep Ibrahim Johnson on a clear path during Bamba's recruitment, in January of this year, Johnson was completely removed from the recruiting process, after it became apparent to the family that he was steadfast in his search for personal gain and unwilling to abide by Bamba's wishes of a clean, NCAA-compliant recruitment.

Since then, Johnson has racked up a series of charges, including three in March: hit-and-run in Florida, forgery, falsification, petty theft, and possession of drugs in Ohio, and possession of drugs in South Carolina. After his most recent charge last week for theft in Illinois, Johnson allegedly, in an act of desperation, made several physical and verbal threats to "expose" Mohamed Bamba's longtime mentor Greer Love, despite the fact that every compliance department of each school that Bamba visited and ultimately the NCAA Eligibility Center had cleared the duo, due to the long-standing and documented pre-existing relationship. The threats to accuse Bamba and Love of committing NCAA violations came after the duo refused to comply with Johnson's recent demands for various impermissible benefits.

Reaction Score
I'm absolutely buying it – what kid wouldn't take a few hundred/thousand dollars in a similar situation? I sure would've.

But 1) college athletes should be paid, anyway; 2) Bamba seems like a great kid and I wish we'd gotten him; and 3) the brother seems like he has real issues and needs to grow the hell up.
Um, I tend not to trust what drug addict felons say, but maybe I am close minded.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Coaches have committed recruiting violations in their recruitment of my daughter and she isn't a top recruit, some unintentional due to inexperienced assistants not understanding the recruit contact rules or being careless, others probably willful violations but I'd never rat them out.

Reaction Score
Coaches have committed recruiting violations in their recruitment of my daughter and she isn't a top recruit, some unintentional due to inexperienced assistants not understanding the recruit contact rules or being careless, others probably willful violations but I'd never rat them out.
So you would never rat them out, but you would post about them on a publicly view able message board about college athletics?

Reaction Score
Exclusive: Elite Texas Commit Mo Bamba's Longtime Mentor Responds To Estranged Brother's Allegations

While this was the first time the general public may have been made aware of the unique relationship between the estranged brothers and long-time Bamba confidant Love, it was merely the latest example of a mounting battle between the estranged brothers. Ibrahim Johnson, who is currently facing court dates for five separate felony and misdemeanor charges in five states (FL, NY, SC, OH, and IL), was long rumored to be a figure looking to exploit his five-star half-brother's recruitment in the grassroots, college, and professional community.

After a series of efforts made by his family to keep Ibrahim Johnson on a clear path during Bamba's recruitment, in January of this year, Johnson was completely removed from the recruiting process, after it became apparent to the family that he was steadfast in his search for personal gain and unwilling to abide by Bamba's wishes of a clean, NCAA-compliant recruitment.

Since then, Johnson has racked up a series of charges, including three in March: hit-and-run in Florida, forgery, falsification, petty theft, and possession of drugs in Ohio, and possession of drugs in South Carolina. After his most recent charge last week for theft in Illinois, Johnson allegedly, in an act of desperation, made several physical and verbal threats to "expose" Mohamed Bamba's longtime mentor Greer Love, despite the fact that every compliance department of each school that Bamba visited and ultimately the NCAA Eligibility Center had cleared the duo, due to the long-standing and documented pre-existing relationship. The threats to accuse Bamba and Love of committing NCAA violations came after the duo refused to comply with Johnson's recent demands for various impermissible benefits.
At least Johnson's credibility is impeccable.

Reaction Score
Yeah, ok....like you know me, the sport she plays or the schools involved. Way to think it out before posting..... So which schools am I talking about Amazing Kreskin?
I do not know you, but if the NCAA wanted to they could find out who you are through the website sign up very easily. Way to think that out before posting.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I do not know you, but if the NCAA wanted to they could find out who you are through the website sign up very easily. Way to think that out before posting.
So the NSA is running the NCAA now? You're a conspiracy theorist aren't you? NCAA violations of this nature are rules violations, not criminal offenses. Someone's going to subpoena Boneyard membership info for a rule violation that couldn't even be proven and isn't a criminal offense? I think it's time to take off your tin foil hat.

Reaction Score
20 years ago my brother was a swimmer going to an SEC school and I was aware of the school also breaking numerous NCAA rules. Ever since, I've thought the minor rules are almost viewed as optional by some schools. It's only when the major rules are broken that the NCAA begins focusing on the minor rules as well. Like a good prosecutor, it helps them with the overall case.

Reaction Score
So the NSA is running the NCAA now? You're a conspiracy theorist aren't you? NCAA violations of this nature are rules violations, not criminal offenses. Someone's going to subpoena Boneyard membership info for a rule violation that couldn't even be proven and isn't a criminal offense? I think it's time to take off your tin foil hat.
Not a conspiracy theorist, I am an attorney who does IP litigation, I have sent subpoenas to a number of message boards to get user information regarding postings related to copyright infringement and other non-criminal matters. So it does not have to be a criminal offense, no idea why you think that is required. Not saying they would or care, it was just a comment they could if they wanted to.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
20 years ago my brother was a swimmer going to an SEC school and I was aware of the school also breaking numerous NCAA rules. Ever since, I've thought the minor rules are almost viewed as optional by some schools. It's only when the major rules are broken that the NCAA begins focusing on the minor rules as well. Like a good prosecutor, it helps them with the overall case.
Agreed. Not talking about payments or improper benefits. Talking about stupid rules on contacting recruits which once got UCONN sanctions. It's like the IRS. Are you going to audit a guy making $50k or $5 million? Some perspective is in order. My original point was that only a rat throws a school under the bus. Deny, deny, deny.

Reaction Score
Yeah, ok....like you know me, the sport she plays or the schools involved. Way to think it out before posting..... So which schools am I talking about Amazing Kreskin?

Soccer and they were schools located down south. One of the schools in particular is a big rival of UConn. Maybe you should rat them out ;)

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Soccer and they were schools located down south. One of the schools in particular is a big rival of UConn. Maybe you should rat them out ;)
Maybe it was UCONN......we could handle a little more drama, right?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I coached soccer for many years up through the Olympic Development program - many of my players were recruited and yes, there are plenty of violations out there but most that I saw were trivial things and done by student coaches and other folks affiliated with the team. None involved money or cars - most were meals, sports gear etc that exceeded the going parameters. This sure looks like sour grapes by a real crackpot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom