MNT’s 2022 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

MNT’s 2022

Reaction Score
Honestly, I'm less concerned about who plays striker than I am that our whole is well less than the sum of our parts. Coaches and players need to create a team out of this bunch of players. Hasn't really happened yet. As we've learned, the three straight wins against Mexico aren't what we think they are because, frankly, Mexico is incredibly mediocre as well. They will qualify, but they struggled to the end to beat a ten man Jamaica, and only won at Azteca Wednesday night on an absolutely incorrect penalty.

At this point, arguing among which players should be starting becomes pointless. We can only rationally argue about which players are better. But we have more than enough quality options. This is now far less about our best 11 players and far more about finding the best team out of our quality players.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Based on what I've seen, Gio Reyna is a critical piece for us on offense. We also need to keep trying out new strikers.

It would also be good to figure out if Dest can be something less that mercurial in his performances.

I'm pretty good with the rest. I'm almost sold on Zimmerman as an acceptable WC pairing with Mrob, but this next set of games will be the tell. Anyone who plays well throughout is in the Starting XI for me. Absent a big drop in form, Turner has to be our #1.

Reaction Score
Based on what I've seen, Gio Reyna is a critical piece for us on offense. We also need to keep trying out new strikers.

It would also be good to figure out if Dest can be something less that mercurial in his performances.

I'm pretty good with the rest. I'm almost sold on Zimmerman as an acceptable WC pairing with Mrob, but this next set of games will be the tell. Anyone who plays well throughout is in the Starting XI for me. Absent a big drop in form, Turner has to be our #1.
Frankly, I'm wondering how we get more than two of Pulisic, Reyna, Aaronson and Weah on the pitch at one time. Do we see if Weah can handle playing striker? Can one of Pulisic or Aaronson slide back and take Musah's role? If both of those work, then all 4 of them can play together up front with Pulisic and Weston. These are all just WAGs though. But we haven't yet become a team, and we need to find a way to have our forward players work better together.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Frankly, I'm wondering how we get more than two of Pulisic, Reyna, Aaronson and Weah on the pitch at one time. Do we see if Weah can handle playing striker? Can one of Pulisic or Aaronson slide back and take Musah's role? If both of those work, then all 4 of them can play together up front with Pulisic and Weston. These are all just WAGs though. But we haven't yet become a team, and we need to find a way to have our forward players work better together.

Weah has played Striker at club level. And was more effective doing it. I think it's time to try it. I said before I think Reyes should be an attacking CM. I don't want him wasted on the wings, because he showed (pre-injury) he was the one guy who could dribble through traffic and distribute.

Reaction Score
I hope we get some quality friendlies in the lead up to Qatar

Reaction Score
So this is the question that Berhalter has a month and a half to ponder. Do you play your best players at Azteca? And risk some of your stars having trouble recovering from playing at altitude and not being ready for the game against Panama in Orlando 72 hours later? Do you bring more players into camp, and leave your entire first team at home and send a B team to Azteca? Or do you try to split the difference, bring your best team to Azteca but only let the Pulisics, Dests, McKinneys, etc. play a half?

I really don't know what the right answer is. But I would be tempted to bring 40 guys into camp and leave your A team in Orlando with players normally outside the pool to practice against and send your second and third units to Azteca.

Send the B team, basically a defensive team that can park the bus and play for a draw.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

I think based on the schedule/weather for the rest of the year you won't be able to play the same XI every match or keep your best players in for 90 min every match. I think Aaronson can sub for both Pulisic and Renya and make the odd start if one is nicked up. Weah/Arriola are next up, but I don't mind trying Weah at striker, but he hasn't been good at holding possession.

Reaction Score
Arriola is the fits the description of activity without accomplishment. We have enough guys who can't finish without playing a guy who can't finish easy chances.

Reaction Score
Pefok scores 2 today but let’s start Morris and Zardes
Perok and Zardes play in the middle. And yes, Perfok needs to be given a start.

But Morris plays on the wing and I don't think GB ever put him in the middle. BTW, I thought Morris was very solid in the window.

Reaction Score
With the current situation at goalkeeper, Horvath playing regularly is a big relief.

I know that Berhalter has a scheme and a plan, but Pefok has to be called into camp right now. He is the only striker we have who can even visualize what scoring a goal is actually like.

Reaction Score
When do they announce the roster?
the last roster was announced 6 days prior to the game - same timeline this window would be this Friday 3/18.

should see it this week. curcial weeks ahead for the boys. COME ON YOU YANKS!!

Reaction Score
Will he roll out the B team at azteca and put the eggs in the Panama basket?

Reaction Score
Will he roll out the B team at azteca and put the eggs in the Panama basket?

Risky. Probably? Idk. Panama and Costa Rica games ARE more important, I suppose. I am nervous.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom