MNT’s 2022 | Page 34 | The Boneyard

MNT’s 2022

Reaction Score
Not naming Pefok was probably the worse mistake GB made.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Freddie Adu
I'm sure this has been discussed in the past but has Freddie Adu ever played in the World Cup? I was reading about his career path and was very surprised. He was supposed to be it.
Not in a Full WC. He did play in the U17 and U20 WC's. Also the 2008 Olympics.

He did play a few games for the full NT. Played in the 2009 and 2011 Gold Cup.

He's still only 33. Two years younger than Ream.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Read a report that GB was looking for a job in Europe.
But Europe isn't looking for him. He must forget being laughed at in Europe for what he was doing with Tyler Adams at the beginning.

Reaction Score
Ah yes, the inverted RB. Playing our best player out of position. GGGalaxy brain

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Ah yes, the inverted RB. Playing our best player out of position. GGGalaxy brain
This comment brought me back to a thought I had a few years back.

Until we reach the point where our national team has exceptional depth across the board we would be better served adopting totaal voetbal and finding coaches who can teach and implement this set of tactics.

Worrying too much about fielding a precise number of backs, stickers, midfielders can often put us in a position where a couple starters aren't close to being among our ten best. Once we reach the point where we have 25-30 guys who have the talent to be starters on a national team and the distribution of positions is relatively even, we then can look to a more traditional approach. I don't believe we are there yet.

Reaction Score
I don't think any of our guys would have started for the Dutch team against the US

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Nothing says you can't hire a new coach in two years.

Reaction Score
Lots of rumors flying around regarding Gios lack of effort in training leading to his lack of PT. Ggg made him apologize to the team and all

Reaction Score
What exactly is the benefit to airing this out publicly?

This reeks of Berhalter trying to save face. He truly is the worst.
The story US Soccer is saying is that this convo was supposed to be off the record. Either that’s BS, or they aired locker room laundry to untrusted sources. Either way not good for GGG.

Reaction Score
The story US Soccer is saying is that this convo was supposed to be off the record. Either that’s BS, or they aired locker room laundry to untrusted sources. Either way not good for GGG.
I find this highly unlikely since if it was off the record, he probably would've named the player. Also the words seem to have come in a speech he gave. Granted, it was a private event, but if you say these things to an open room, they become the property of everyone who hears them... unless it's a secret society or the mafia.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Let's see what we know. Do we have anything on Reyna being lazy at BVB? Or any other time with USMNT? Don't recall anything. So he just got lazy for the WC???? Hmmm

Has GGG ever lied about players? Yep. Actually about Reyna during WC. (saying he wasn't fit which he later back tracked on when Reyna said he was good to go). Has GGG lied about performance of the team? Yep. Multiple times making outlandish remarks like about how well his team played when they got blown out, stating he doesn't have Champions League scorers, when in fact he does.

Not sure I'd trust much coming out of the USA camp with GGG in charge.

But, I wasn't there, so who knows???

Reaction Score
Let's see what we know. Do we have anything on Reyna being lazy at BVB? Or any other time with USMNT? Don't recall anything. So he just got lazy for the WC???? Hmmm

Has GGG ever lied about players? Yep. Actually about Reyna during WC. (saying he wasn't fit which he later back tracked on when Reyna said he was good to go). Has GGG lied about performance of the team? Yep. Multiple times making outlandish remarks like about how well his team played when they got blown out, stating he doesn't have Champions League scorers, when in fact he does.

Not sure I'd trust much coming out of the USA camp with GGG in charge.

But, I wasn't there, so who knows???

GGG has had public issues with the following players:
-Reyna
-Brooks
-McKennie
-Hoppe
-Miazga

I might be missing one or two. It seems to me he has problems managing the locker room.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom