MNT’s 2022 | Page 26 | The Boneyard

MNT’s 2022

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I don’t really agree. I thought this was one of the cleanest games of the World Cup, and the ref did a great job talking to players without immediately throwing soft yellows around.

That was a solid performance and result, but I thought the subs were 5-10 minutes late and bunched together way too much. I really hope we get to see more than 10 or so minutes of Aaronson and Reyna next game.
Sometimes subs sit on sidelines for long periods without the proper break in action to allow them in. I’m quite positive G wanted to get Aaronson in much quicker and would have wanted McK out earlier. Sometimes things don’t work that way in soccer as there are no timeouts per se
I agree it was one of the cleaner games so far. 4 minutes added time has been almost unheard of so far in these prelim rounds.

Reaction Score
Sometimes subs sit on sidelines for long periods without the proper break in action to allow them in. I’m quite positive G wanted to get Aaronson in much quicker and would have wanted McK out earlier. Sometimes things don’t work that way in soccer as there are no timeouts per se
I agree it was one of the cleaner games so far. 4 minutes added time has been almost unheard of so far in these prelim rounds.
That’s not what happened. The team started looking tired and needed a sub around the 65-minute mark, but reinforcements didn’t come in until the 77th minute and later. They didn’t have enough time to get into the flow or make a real difference.

It’s a much lesser critique than the Wales game, but the substitutions still weren’t great.

Reaction Score
Damn, and I thought I was critical. We went tow to toe with one of the most talented teams in the world and arguably had the better of it. And you guys are saying GGG had a bad game? I’m not Gregg truther, but…..lmao what???

Reaction Score
That’s not what happened. The team started looking tired and needed a sub around the 65-minute mark, but reinforcements didn’t come in until the 77th minute and later. They didn’t have enough time to get into the flow or make a real difference.

It’s a much lesser critique than the Wales game, but the substitutions still weren’t great.
I wonder if part of the delay on subs was the expectation of a lengthy stoppage time.

Reaction Score

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I wonder if part of the delay on subs was the expectation of a lengthy stoppage time.

Priority points on Eng subs.
1. See what Southgate did. We had the advantage. To sub first would have been a mistake.
2. Subs were ready to go, but the ball remained in play for a while.
3. The extra time is ridiculous but there wasn't reason to expect a huge number at that point.

Eng was unimaginative with there subs and allowed US to simply match fresh for fresh using our normal sub pattern.

Argue about who came in, but except for Musah, the guys who came off were the ones who needed to come off.

Eng hoped to win on talent alone or a US gaffe. There talent didn't mesh and the US avoided the big mistake.

GG had a really good game plan, that exploited England's lack of passing out of the back and possession through the midfield. There huge advantage up top never came into play outside a few disparate chances.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
You mean Dave Sriracha.

Sounds like Gio is talking to Claudio and Claudio is talking to Eric.

Reyna should absolutely start vs Iran. A minimum he needs to play at least 30min.

Iran needs a draw to advance. They will pack it in, try to draw fouls and waste time from the open. Completely different game than the last two.

Getting an early goal could mean everything.

Reaction Score
Reyna should absolutely start vs Iran. A minimum he needs to play at least 30min.

Iran needs a draw to advance. They will pack it in, try to draw fouls and waste time from the open. Completely different game than the last two.

Getting an early goal could mean everything.

Landycakes, who is much more likeable in retirement just said we need all the weapons on the field for Iran. Iran is going to bunker in, we’ll need every bomb to get into their centrifuges.

Reaction Score
You mean Dave Sriracha.

Sounds like Gio is talking to Claudio and Claudio is talking to Eric.

If there’s any truth to this, and it’s certainly plausible, it’s the most egregious thing Berhalter has done to date.

And that really is saying something.

Reaction Score
If there’s any truth to this, and it’s certainly plausible, it’s the most egregious thing Berhalter has done to date.

And that really is saying something.

Time to go dig a hole in the desert.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Landycakes, who is much more likeable in retirement just said we need all the weapons on the field for Iran. Iran is going to bunker in, we’ll need every bomb to get into their centrifuges.

Right now, I'd start him and Dempsey up top in a 442 over anyone we have. Don't care if they can't run. Our attacking options are the worst.

Reaction Score
If that burned them on the final substitution, that’s more understandable. But they just didn’t give the subs enough time to get into game flow to make a difference. I’m also not a fan of bunching substitutions the way Berhalter does, but that’s a conversation for another day.

The U.S. has played well both games, but I still think Aaronson and Gio are too good to leave out of the starting lineup for Iran. They’re so much more dangerous with the ball than the guys they’ve been replacing.

Reaction Score
Right now, I'd start him and Dempsey up top in a 442 over anyone we have. Don't care if they can't run. Our attacking options are the worst.

We really haven’t gotten anything from our strikers. Start Pulisic Weah and Reyna up top. Or even Aaronson. Something good will happen.

Reaction Score
If that burned them on the final substitution, that’s more understandable. But they just didn’t give the subs enough time to get into game flow to make a difference. I’m also not a fan of bunching substitutions the way Berhalter does, but that’s a conversation for another day.

The U.S. has played well both games, but I still think Aaronson and Gio are too good to leave out of the starting lineup for Iran. They’re so much more dangerous with the ball than the guys they’ve been replacing.

We had subs standing on the sideline for nearly ten minutes. The ball never went out with us in possession. England was playing for the draw and wisely kept it in play. That’s the risk you run when you wait too long like Greggg did.

We needed subs at like the 60 minute mark.

Reaction Score
Priority points on Eng subs.
1. See what Southgate did. We had the advantage. To sub first would have been a mistake.
2. Subs were ready to go, but the ball remained in play for a while.
3. The extra time is ridiculous but there wasn't reason to expect a huge number at that point.

Eng was unimaginative with there subs and allowed US to simply match fresh for fresh using our normal sub pattern.

Argue about who came in, but except for Musah, the guys who came off were the ones who needed to come off.

Eng hoped to win on talent alone or a US gaffe. There talent didn't mesh and the US avoided the big mistake.

GG had a really good game plan, that exploited England's lack of passing out of the back and possession through the midfield. There huge advantage up top never came into play outside a few disparate chances.

I don’t agree. Why react to their adjustments? We had them on the ropes. A fresh dose of attacking power would have amped up the pressure.

I sort of think Southgate conceded the draw when he subbed in low octane Jordan Freaking Henderson.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom