Mizzou with a 6:45 presser? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mizzou with a 6:45 presser?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That could cause the SEC to invite FSU or it could cause the SEC to look at WVU again. It could also result in no SEC expansion at all.

IF Mizzou is indeed staying in the Big 12, that could be great news for us. The SEC would then have to select a different 14th team. Clearly an ideal prospect for them would be FSU from the ACC. With the rejection by Mizzou fresh in mind, the SEC presidents might soften their suggested preference in steering clear of taking a second team from a state in which they have a current member. At the same time, FSU may be realizing that unless ND or UT joins the ACC, the league is unlikely to offer football at a level that FSU would like to be associated with. This would obviously open the door to a new 14th member of the ACC. As we have read from multiple sources, UConn could indeed be that team.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Come out to California - there are tons of houses on fault lines. Literally and figuratively.
Hopefully they never experience a disaster. But they are gambling on events taking place in the distant future. Maybe they consulted a psychic and I'm just being ridiculous in criticizing them.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
None of us knows what they will say and what their statement means with all the other dominos. If OU and TAM stay put I expect the activity between conference to halt except for the ACC and the BE. So I'm waiting for this news conference.

Reaction Score
Mizzou's football coach's statement mirrors Coach P's:

"We'll be in a BCS conference. Missouri will be fine", Head Coach Frank Haith, 9/22

"We're going to be in a BCS conference. Connecticut will be fine", Coach P 9/21

Nitpicking here, but Haith is the BBall coach, and probably not even that much longer once the Shapiro thing is settled.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Nitpicking here, but Haith is the BBall coach, and probably not even that much longer once the Shapiro thing is settled.

Um.. also nitpicking? Missouri is going to be in a BCS conference for sure.

Reaction Score
Crazy idea

We take up a collection, pull our money, hold a bake sale, have Jeff Hathaway call Bob Burton and beg (He probably still has his number right?)....we basically raise $25 million.

We then offer it to the first ACC team who seeks and accepts an invite to the SEC? I got $10 to start, whose with me??

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I agree. The only thing crazier would be to build your house on a fault line. But if true who knows what type of deal Texas or any of the oil billionaires have made to keep Mizzou in the stable. And if Mizzou stays than TAM might be persuaded as well because the only way the B12 stays together is if Texas makes substantial compromises with its LHN. And I never thought they would do this. Who would have thought Texas would have been out bluffed in the game of Texas hold em by OU.

So if true, the B12 stays pat and the SEC stays at 12 and the two weak football conferences are still cr*p only in different configurations of cr*p.
Then we'd be back to square one, except for SyraPitt. Oh, and maybe the B12 grabs TCU. :mad:

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Truth be told I doubt the Big 12 situation doesn't effect the ACC situation in the least EXCEPT making the SEC more likely to grab an ACC school which actually helps our situation... so Missouri staying in the Big 12 is a good thing.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Then we'd be back to square one, except for SyraPitt. Oh, and maybe the B12 grabs TCU. :mad:

I will be shocked if UConn and TCU ever play a conference game.

Reaction Score
With regards to A&M staying in the Big 12, that looks VERY, VERY unlikely at this point. The UT president was quoted yesterday as saying he and everyone is considering A&M a part of the SEC right now. Baylor's lawsuit is horseshiit. There is no smoke, rumors, or anything regarding A&M staying.

Reaction Score
I think them joining the SEC is bad for us-- if our goal is to get into the ACC we want the SEC to take an ACC team opening up a spot for us. Although, if they leave the Big 12, forces them to start pulling teams in.. WVU, Ville, TCU, Cinci....

Two ways of us getting into the ACC quickly...

1) SEC takes an ACC school and they want to get somebody quickly
2) Big East loses more schools (big 12 raid) and ND has no cnoice but to find a home for its olympic sports and joins the ACC with us following.
i think you're right about us wanting Mizzou to stay in the B12, but i don't think your second scenerio will force ND to join the ACC. i think they'd just stay with the bball schools in all sports except for football.

Reaction Score
nobody could believe that the big 12 will stay together long - nobody who read the Texas AD's comments after the PAC-12 negotiations, and certainly no Big-12 president. If Mizzou forgoes an SEC invitation, it is not b/c they believe in the Big 12, it is because they have assurances from B1G regading an invitation when they expand. Maybe some of the rumours re: B1G expansion in 2014 are true...

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
wow, talk about saying a whole lot of nothing, that's it

the fact that he couldn't give a more positive spin for the B12 is an indication of ongoing dissent IMHO

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Mizzou's football coach's statement mirrors Coach P's:

"We'll be in a BCS conference. Missouri will be fine", Head Coach Frank Haith, 9/22

"We're going to be in a BCS conference. Connecticut will be fine", Coach P 9/21
Isn't Haith a basketball coach (and wasn't he heavily implicated in the Miami booster mess)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom