Mizzou with a 6:45 presser? | The Boneyard

Mizzou with a 6:45 presser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Wow. This will be interesting.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i think they met this morning and chose the sec?!?! i thought i read a tweet from yesterday saying they were going to make it official.

Reaction Score
Most likely to the SEC which doesn't change much just gets them to 14 and an even number.

Rumors that Texas joined the B1G is more interesting and could start things moving again all over the place.

Reaction Score
I think them joining the SEC is bad for us-- if our goal is to get into the ACC we want the SEC to take an ACC team opening up a spot for us. Although, if they leave the Big 12, forces them to start pulling teams in.. WVU, Ville, TCU, Cinci....

Two ways of us getting into the ACC quickly...

1) SEC takes an ACC school and they want to get somebody quickly
2) Big East loses more schools (big 12 raid) and ND has no cnoice but to find a home for its olympic sports and joins the ACC with us following.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
dennisdoddcbs Dennis Dodd

by McMurphyCBS

Source: All indications are that Missouri is staying in the Big 12. Presidents call pushed back to later this afternoon.

Reaction Score
Unless you're a Texas, how do you turn down the SEC?

Reaction Score
Why would they have a press conference to announce that they are staying in the BIG12?

Reaction Score
dennisdoddcbs Dennis Dodd

by McMurphyCBS

Source: All indications are that Missouri is staying in the Big 12. Presidents call pushed back to later this afternoon.

That could cause the SEC to invite FSU or it could cause the SEC to look at WVU again. It could also result in no SEC expansion at all.

Reaction Score
The SEC is not going to stay at 13 with an odd number, that makes no sense. Don't be shocked to see them approach OU if Mizzou doesn't work.

Reaction Score
Mizzou's football coach's statement mirrors Coach P's:

"We'll be in a BCS conference. Missouri will be fine", Head Coach Frank Haith, 9/22

"We're going to be in a BCS conference. Connecticut will be fine", Coach P 9/21

Reaction Score
The SEC is not going to stay at 13 with an odd number, that makes no sense. Don't be shocked to see them approach OU if Mizzou doesn't work.
Just please fast forward to where OU declines and the SEC turns to an ACC school.

Reaction Score
LOL. My head is getting so scrambled from this that I totally forgot A&M was going to the SEC.

Reaction Score
The Presser is about the Big 12 Presidents meeting that takes place today. The President of Mizzou apparently heads the group thats meeting

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
if mizzu really is this dumb and doesn't pick the sec, then i hope the sec makes a huge grab. fsu/ncst/vt. that would do wonders for us.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If that's true, it has to be the absolute stupidest decision you could ever imagine.
I agree. The only thing crazier would be to build your house on a fault line. But if true who knows what type of deal Texas or any of the oil billionaires have made to keep Mizzou in the stable. And if Mizzou stays than TAM might be persuaded as well because the only way the B12 stays together is if Texas makes substantial compromises with its LHN. And I never thought they would do this. Who would have thought Texas would have been out bluffed in the game of Texas hold em by OU.

So if true, the B12 stays pat and the SEC stays at 12 and the two weak football conferences are still cr*p only in different configurations of cr*p.

Reaction Score
Why would they have a press conference to announce that they are staying in the BIG12?

The president is the chair of the Big 12 - it might have more to do with Bebee and the conference than Mizzou, but I'm guessing

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
If Missouri does stay in the Big 12 I think it says that those schools are united and no one will leave for the SEC. Beebe will be out, Texas will have made concessions with the LHN and everyone will commit for 5 more years. The SEC will not go for WVU but will begin to court FSU or, more likely, VTech, IMO. This means UConn won't get an invite any time soon because that will only push one of the FB schools out earlier. Then we'll find out if the ACC values us or RU more because one of us will get the vacated 14th spot.

Reaction Score
I agree. The only thing crazier would be to build your house on a fault line. But if true who knows what type of deal Texas or any of the oil billionaires have made to keep Mizzou in the stable. And if Mizzou stays than TAM might be persuaded as well because the only way the B12 stays together is if Texas makes substantial compromises with its LHN. And I never thought they would do this. Who would have thought Texas would have been out bluffed in the game of Texas hold em by OU.

So if true, the B12 stays pat and the SEC stays at 12 and the two weak football conferences are still cr*p only in different configurations of cr*p.

Come out to California - there are tons of houses on fault lines. Literally and figuratively.

Reaction Score
Missouri may be keeping the door open to the B-10, which is where they really want to be. The SEC's next move will be interesting. If Mizzou went to the SEC you may have seen them go for the 2 eastern teams (FSU and Va Tech or NC State) to balance things out. Now they are likely only looking for one team, unless they want to take 3 eastern teams. If it is WVU the BE is totally screwed and loses their AQ status. If it is an ACC team, the BE is still probably screwed, but UConn may be sitting pretty.
The SEC going to 16 was, and is, the ACCs biggest fear. If the SEC went to 16 before the ACC took Pitt & 'Cuse the ACC would be in the situation that the BE is in now and a BE/ACC merger would be the topic of discussion. Even now, if the SEC takes 3 top football schools from the ACC it is a huge dilution of football power and would leave the ACC wounded, even w/ Pitt & 'Cuse.

The SEC's next move will dictate where things go for many in the BE. I can't see them taking WVU as there is little to gain from a media perspective. Yes, they have a strong fanbase, but the TV eyeballs are limited. That leaves an ACC team to make it an even 14. I still love NC State as the darkhorse for the SEC.

I would have to think that the NE money with UConn and Rutgers has some influence on either the ACC or B-10. Somebody will have to pull the trigger and invite one or both in the near future.

Reaction Score
OU to ACC, I'd have to think academics may play a role there, that and travel. Though at this point, who the hell knows. Plus, I have difficulty seeing the SEC let OU jump over them to the SEC without intercepting them, so to speak. OU to the ACC would basically eliminate any chance at all the SEC has of poaching an ACC school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom