Mississippi State Becomes Bracketology Fourth #1 Seed | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mississippi State Becomes Bracketology Fourth #1 Seed

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
If MD loses to Ohio State... and ND runs the table.... then ND still has a chance.

Among other possible scenarios. Seven weeks is a long time in a basketball season, and a lot can happen, to both Notre Dame and other would-be top seeds.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Among other possible scenarios. Seven weeks is a long time in a basketball season, and a lot can happen, to both Notre Dame and other would-be top seeds.

I know RPI isnt everything.... but currently Maryland is #26..... below such notable basketball schools as Elon and VPI. The next highest Big 10 school is Ohio State at #31

Reaction Score
The biggest thing for me from watching Mississippi State is their team growth. I feel like the staff have a better handle of Vivians. She used to just stand around and throw up 3's. Now she is got a good mid range and her defense is better. She had a couple of great steals in the Tennessee game. Player growth is important and I think the staff at Mississippi State see that. McGowan is way better than last season. She would miss point blank lays ups last season and she recently went 12/13 ( I think). They play as team and if they don't play defense he benches them. I think the South Carolina game will be their true test.

Agree, watching Miss St play this year they have definitely changed and improved, becoming more fluid as a team - passing to get open shots, no excessive dribbling nor one on many takes, and running opportunistically. They look a lot better than the other teams in SEC and better than the BIG10 teams for that matter. Seems they're following their stated objective to emulate the Huskies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I know RPI isnt everything.... but currently Maryland is #26..... below such notable basketball schools as Elon and VPI. The next highest Big 10 school is Ohio State at #31

Maryland's RPI is being dragged down by its weak strength of schedule (#152 nonconference SOS, #91 overall). Their RPI will improve over the Big Ten season, but because the B10 is so relatively weak this year (6th in conference RPI, behind the American!), there may be a ceiling on how high their RPI can go.

As Charlie Creme points out, Maryland might even run the table in the Big Ten and still be denied a #1 seed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom