Missing Terrence Samual | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Missing Terrence Samual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Ok, where do I begin to explain about everything wrong with the tittle of this post? Well, he has no jump shot, he has no handle, he cant rebound, and his defense is mediocre at best. Can't believe he's had all those D-1 offers. D2 prospect at best

I trust the gaggle of high-major D1 coaches who recruited him both times around more than you. Much has been said about his flaws, but a D2 prospect? Not close.

Reaction Score
Ok, where do I begin to explain about everything wrong with the tittle of this post? Well, he has no jump shot, he has no handle, he cant rebound, and his defense is mediocre at best. Can't believe he's had all those D-1 offers. D2 prospect at best
Just an amazing level of stupidity. Congrats.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Keeping T- Sam and adding Gibbs would've been the best scenario.
Really??? Coz Shonn Miller has been our most consistent player all season.

Reaction Score
Really??? Coz Shonn Miller has been our most consistent player all season.

I can't tell if you actually think he's implying we should have dumped Miller, which he definitely didn't say and clearly didn't mean, or if you're just so staggeringly boring that the only way you can add something is to deliberately misinterpret an obvious post like that.

Reaction Score
yes, it's nice to keep missing players that are long gone.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm sorry.....this is just laughable

The Donnell part that is...

Hey, he was a +45% 3pt shooter. I guess that's bad in your book. Not many attempts, but when he took them, he made them. And he made a big one or two iirc. That's his open looks. He was a role player.

You can argue that's bad all you want, but you'd be wrong. Note, I wasn't saying best ever, just for that team.

To follow on: in 20mpg, Terrance shot 0.000%, on almost no attempts.

Reaction Score
Hey, he was a +45% 3pt shooter. I guess that's bad in your book. Not many attempts, but when he took them, he made them. And he made a big one or two iirc. That's his open looks. He was a role player.

You can argue that's bad all you want, but you'd be wrong. Note, I wasn't saying best ever, just for that team.

To follow on: in 20mpg, Terrance shot 0.000%, on almost no attempts.

Not arguing Samuel's was a good 3 pt shooter. He was an atrocious shooter in general, not just 3 pt shooter. I just find it comical that Donnell is getting defended over any aspect of his game. Great guy and teammate but he was one of the most frustrating Uconn players to watch ever. Would love to see the competition he put up those 31 attempts on. But again were talking 31 attempts in an entire 4 year career so I'm taking that nonsense with a grain of salt.

Both him and TSam had this wobbly, out of control ball handling to them that very quickly got out of control and you could just feel the block or TO coming a mile away.

Reaction Score
Not arguing Samuel's was a good 3 pt shooter. He was an atrocious shooter in general, not just 3 pt shooter. I just find it comical that Donnell is getting defended over any aspect of his game. Great guy and teammate but he was one of the most frustrating Uconn players to watch ever. Would love to see the competition he put up those 31 attempts on. But again were talking 31 attempts in an entire 4 year career so I'm taking that nonsense with a grain of salt.

Both him and TSam had this wobbly, out of control ball handling to them that very quickly got out of control and you could just feel the block or TO coming a mile away.

The competition doesn't matter, since he already clarified that he was talking about open three-pointers. The quality of the players not covering you shouldn't affect the quality of a shot.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
I can't tell if you actually think he's implying we should have dumped Miller, which he definitely didn't say and clearly didn't mean, or if you're just so staggeringly boring that the only way you can add something is to deliberately misinterpret an obvious post like that.

There are a definitive number of scholarships available. If TSam stayed there may not have been a schollie for Miller...that was all I was trying to say. Sorry you found it boring!

Reaction Score
The competition doesn't matter, since he already clarified that he was talking about open three-pointers. The quality of the players not covering you shouldn't affect the quality of a shot.
This is the dumbest point and argument I've ever heard. To start there is absolutely no way all 31 of his attempts were WIDE OPEN. You took what he said way too literally. Secondly, it ABSOLUTELY matters the competition you are playing. The better the competition the less chance you are going to get an open shot!

I'm done talking about Donnell Beverly and TSam, how it got to this point I'm not sure.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
There are a definitive number of scholarships available. If TSam stayed there may not have been a schollie for Miller...that was all I was trying to say. Sorry you found it boring!

This is false. We have twelve "true" scholarship players and one walk-on who received one as a gift in September. We definitely had room for both.

Reaction Score
I trust the gaggle of high-major D1 coaches who recruited him both times around more than you. Much has been said about his flaws, but a D2 prospect? Not close.
I'm sure you know and everyone else that hype is often more looked at than skill. And Samuels was more hype. Good freshman year but that's it.

Reaction Score
Prove me wrong. Show me how I'm stupid.
How you're stupid? It's the words you type in your posts, and the order which you place those words.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I'm sure you know and everyone else that hype is often more looked at than skill. And Samuels was more hype. Good freshman year but that's it.

Okay, I'll take the bait.

Do you know what a DII-level player looks like? How many minutes of DII basketball have you seen? I'm guessing not enough to make that judgement to differentiate between DII and mid/low-tier DI. You're also falling into the trap that if they can't cut it at UConn, they automatically aren't a Division I player. The various permutations of mid and low-major Division programs in conferences like the CAA, Patriot League, MAAC, America East, and NEC feature a markedly higher level of play than Division II programs. Furthermore, Samuel ended up at Penn State, which is a higher caliber program than Rakim Lubin, Leon Tolksdorf, or Michael Bradley ended up at.

Reaction Score
Who we really miss is someone like Niels Giffey - that upperclassman glue guy to keep everyone on track, brings the intangibles, and has a potential wild card 20+ pts on a random night

Reaction Score
Who we really miss is someone like Niels Giffey - that upperclassman glue guy to keep everyone on track, brings the intangibles, and has a potential wild card 20+ pts on a random night
You mean Shonn Miller?

Reaction Score
Okay, I'll take the bait.

Do you know what a DII-level player looks like? How many minutes of DII basketball have you seen? I'm guessing not enough to make that judgement to differentiate between DII and mid/low-tier DI. You're also falling into the trap that if they can't cut it at UConn, they automatically aren't a Division I player. The various permutations of mid and low-major Division programs in conferences like the CAA, Patriot League, MAAC, America East, and NEC feature a markedly higher level of play than Division II programs. Furthermore, Samuel ended up at Penn State, which is a higher caliber program than Rakim Lubin, Leon Tolksdorf, or Michael Bradley ended up at.
Yes I do for that matter. A few of classmates went to D1, D2 and D3 Schools and the difference was pretty obvious. I must have really struck a nerve with my post. I was just expressing what I thought about Samuels. I thought the boneyard was all about that? Plus I wasn't talking about Lubin or tolksdorf.

Reaction Score
Yes I do for that matter. A few of classmates went to D1, D2 and D3 Schools and the difference was pretty obvious. I must have really struck a nerve with my post. I was just expressing what I thought about Samuels. I thought the boneyard was all about that? Plus I wasn't talking about Lubin or tolksdorf.

Stupid always strikes nerves. Your thesis is that a player who was good enough to be in a rotation on a national championship team, ahead of Omar Calhoun and Kenton Facey, isn't a Division 1 player. I'm sorry to hurt your feelings but that is not an opinion -- it's a misstatement of fact, because the fact is that anyone good enough to be in the rotation on a national championship team is by definition a Division 1 player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom