Missing Terrence Samual | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Missing Terrence Samual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Incidentally, has the value of a kid who transferred ever been more overstated than T. Samuel?

We'd be better with him because our backcourt is thin. We have defensive issues and issues making layups. In short, TSam wasn't very good, but he was better in these areas than some of our current players.

If he was here we'd have an additional couple of wins and we'd be trashing him for whatever he did to cost us one or two more.

Reaction Score
Tsam should have never been recruited. He wasn't talented enough plain and simple. He was not a great defender, average at best. He was a horrible passer and had ball handling skills of a 2 guard and he was never a leader. Just exactly what does anyone think he would bring to this team?

Reaction Score
Samuel was an ok player off the bench. Definitely wouldn't have been a savior for this team, but anyone saying he had no positive value or wouldn't add anything to this year's team have a really short memory.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Tsam should have never been recruited. He wasn't talented enough plain and simple. He was not a great defender, average at best. He was a horrible passer and had ball handling skills of a 2 guard and he was never a leader. Just exactly what does anyone think he would bring to this team?
He made a bunch of big plays on the way to a national title. I think that's all you really need to justify his recruitment.

Reaction Score

Talented enough to score double figures against Nova in the 2014 tournament. I mean, we've got guys playing hot potato with the ball in big games that are close down the stretch this year. Pretty sure Samuel made some clutch frees throws to help seal a game or two while he was here. Too many posters with short memories around here.

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting this OP, I made many of the same points last week. His defense, toughness, leadership and depth at PG would have helped this team considerably. He was counted on to provide scoring last year and struggled considerably but I'm extremely disappointed in anyone who ignores his huge contribution the 2nd half of 2014. Go watch the games TCF has on YouTube, any of you doubters will eat serious crow.

Reaction Score
Danzz, I can't understand your hatred towards this kid. He couldn't shoot, that's true. But he couldn't dribble, was an average defender and wasn't a leader??? Did you watch any of the last 12 games or so of 2014 when he stepped up and provided all of which you just claim he couldn't? How you can't recognize that he'd be a huge upgrade over Sam Cassell Jr makes it easy to never take anything you say seriously ever again.

Reaction Score
Well, according to this mixtape he's was to be the next Kemba:

Reaction Score
He never made a single 3 in over 70 games. He might have been the worst shooter ever at UConn.

I, for one, was a fan of Terrence. For starters he was thrown into a garbage offensive system last year and was told to make due with off-the-bench minutes. Not saying he was good or capable of running a T25 team, but to give up on him this early like everyone here is disappointing. I think Penn State got a good player, just needs time.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Just to remind people , our last TWO championships were won with kids like T Sam , Phil Nolan , Amida Brimah, Donnell Beverly and Charles Okwando making needed contributions. We're a top program but we're not Tiffany's.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Danzz, I can't understand your hatred towards this kid. He couldn't shoot, that's true. But he couldn't dribble, was an average defender and wasn't a leader??? Did you watch any of the last 12 games or so of 2014 when he stepped up and provided all of which you just claim he couldn't? How you can't recognize that he'd be a huge upgrade over Sam Cassell Jr makes it easy to never take anything you say seriously ever again.
I don't hate him or any player for that matter. I just never liked his game. There is a difference. And yes he did make some good plays in the tournament because of the threat of Bazz and Boat he was able to drive an open lane and finish. And yes he was a poor ball handler, passer and average defender. Could he come off the bench on this team and play some? Yes. Would he ever be a difference maker? Probably not. You compared him to a player like Cassell who sits near the end of the bench and that says a lot. BTW, I never said I'd rather have Cassell.
You may disagree with me but TSam obviously didn't think he would have a key role on this team or he wouldn't have transferred.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I wonder how many of you would have had the same response about Niels Giffey had he transferred after his sophomore year and this question was asked.

For some reason, people loved the 'plucky' Euro from Day 1.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Terrence Samuel was a Donnell Beverly 2.0

Good on ball defender but glad he left.

Donnell could knock down the open three as good as anyone we had.

Terrence had trouble hitting the rim.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I, for one, was a fan of Terrence. For starters he was thrown into a garbage offensive system last year and was told to make due with off-the-bench minutes. Not saying he was good or capable of running a T25 team, but to give up on him this early like everyone here is disappointing. I think Penn State got a good player, just needs time.

There's no offensive system that could magically make Tsam hit a jump shot. And he didn't have enough of the other offensive skills to make up for it.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Keeping T- Sam and adding Gibbs would've been the best scenario.

Gibbs kept us in and won some games that TSam would definitely not have.

Reaction Score
Samuel made some big plays in the '14 tourney, but he was absolutely awful last year on both ends of the court. His game regressed across the board from his freshman year, probably because he was exposed when he started playing more minutes. Nice, hard-working kid, and I'm glad he was here in 2014, but he really isn't the answer for any of this team's problems.

Reaction Score
Just to remind people , our last TWO championships were won with kids like T Sam , Phil Nolan , Amida Brimah, Donnell Beverly and Charles Okwando making needed contributions. We're a top program but we're not Tiffany's.

It's more than that. We beat Duke in '99 because we got solid minutes off the bench by role players like Wane and Saunders and Jones. This pretend belief that either you're great or you suck is asinine.

Reaction Score
Ok, where do I begin to explain about everything wrong with the tittle of this post? Well, he has no jump shot, he has no handle, he cant rebound, and his defense is mediocre at best. Can't believe he's had all those D-1 offers. D2 prospect at best

Reaction Score
Ok, where do I begin to explain about everything wrong with the tittle of this post? Well, he has no jump shot, he has no handle, he cant rebound, and his defense is mediocre at best. Can't believe he's had all those D-1 offers. D2 prospect at best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom