Mid Season Transfer Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mid Season Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Speculation vs Assumption is two different things. Any poster/commentor may make a speculation on something without it being an assumption. Only the mods can tell us what to do. You're not a moderator. You're telling me (and others) not to assume....You can't tell us anything. We can do/assume/think/ whatever we want to. If we post it, and the mods delete it, then so be it. You are NOT the thread police. You don't dictate to anyone on this thread as to how to write or think!!!

There are no children here. All of us are grown. I would never be so presumptuous as to tell/suggest to another mature adult commentor how to write or think. That's NOT my place.

Unless that poster is me? ;)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
An addendum to this earlier post, this sentence - Below I wrote: "We can do/assume/think/ whatever we want to". This was written with the acknowledgement and understanding that ANYONE /EVERYONE that posts here, MUST abide by, and stay within the parameters of the rules and regulations that govern ALL posts and comments on this board. As long as we do that, then, we can do/assume/think/ whatever we want to.

Speculation vs Assumption is two different things. Any poster/commentor may make a speculation on something without it being an assumption. Only the mods can tell us what to do. You're not a moderator. You're telling me (and others) not to assume....You can't tell us anything. We can do/assume/think/ whatever we want to. If we post it, and the mods delete it, then so be it. You are NOT the thread police. You don't dictate to anyone on this thread as to how to write or think!!!

There are no children here. All of us are grown. I would never be so presumptuous as to tell/suggest to another mature adult commentor how to write or think. That's NOT my place.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
whats-going-on-here.png

Reaction Score

If you didn't comment of what you thought obviously wrong---you'd be among a minority on the BY--more than infrequently I have been nailed for a word to be picked --selectively saying something along the lines said by you.

However, protective as I am of your rights, before Boykin transferred there was a bit in either NHR orCourant relative to her sitting out a distant game for grade issues and she almost immediately transferred--and assumption either accurate or not--could indicate grades. Fairness is in the eyes of the beholder.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

You're included in the "anyone & everyone". You don't have anymore juice here than anyone else. Your posts/comments come under the same scrutiny as the rest of us. No one that posts here needs your approval to post anything. If someone writes something you don't agree with, fine You can respond to it. You (nor anyone else) can't tell anyone how to write or think. If a posting or comment is out of order, in poor taste, or outside the boundaries of the rules and regulations of the board, the mods will delete it. I don't think Geew1992's comment was anywhere near being out of bounds.

Lately, you and I have had our differences of perception and opinion. I respect your right (and everyone else's) to post whatever comments/opinions you choose to. At this point, I'm really not interested in your thoughts, comments or opinions anymore, so I won't be responding to any of them; unless you attack a poster as you did today, who did nothing more than make an innocent comment/observation that you thought was derogatory towards Boykin, and did not meet with your approval; and then preceded to instruct him/her how to write/compose their comments in the future. If you want to dictate to the posters here, become a moderator.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Sadly, grades are only one possible reason for any player, others include health, personal reasons (such as family illness, etc.).

If you are really that curious - just look at a Penn State game to see if she is on the bench, dressed or not, etc. And listen to the commentators who sometimes say things somewhat out-of-turn, although not always correctly. A player (transfer) for RU was announced out for the season however she recently returned. The unspecified injury turned out to be concussion protocol.

Other "we don't really need to know examples":

On the men's side here at Arizona regarding a player not playing. He eventually explained that he had been given a banned drug unknowingly, and the NCAA agreed with the circumstances and imposed no penalty, except, he couldn't play until there was no trace of the drug in his system. He's playing now. Plus Tyler Scaife, for example, who hasn't revealed her "medical procedure" that is keeping her out this season, but felt it necessary to explain to all and sundry that it was neither having a baby nor having an abortion. Because the speculation would have been . . .

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
You're included in the "anyone & everyone". You don't have anymore juice here than anyone else. Your posts/comments come under the same scrutiny as the rest of us. No one that posts here needs your approval to post anything. If someone writes something you don't agree with, fine You can respond to it. You (nor anyone else) can't tell anyone how to write or think. If a posting or comment is out of order, in poor taste, or outside the boundaries of the rules and regulations of the board, the mods will delete it. I don't think Geew1992's comment was anywhere near being out of bounds.

Lately, you and I have had our differences of perception and opinion. I respect your right (and everyone else's) to post whatever comments/opinions you choose to. At this point, I'm really not interested in your thoughts, comments or opinions anymore, so I won't be responding to any of them; unless you attack a poster as you did today, who did nothing more than make an innocent comment/observation that you thought was derogatory towards Boykin, and did not meet with your approval; and then preceded to instruct him/her how to write/compose their comments in the future. If you want to dictate to the posters here, become a moderator.

We have had our differences and I have learned from past experiences that at some point using the "ignore" feature is the best form of self preservation.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
If you didn't comment of what you thought obviously wrong---you'd be among a minority on the BY--more than infrequently I have been nailed for a word to be picked --selectively saying something along the lines said by you.

However, protective as I am of your rights, before Boykin transferred there was a bit in either NHR orCourant relative to her sitting out a distant game for grade issues and she almost immediately transferred--and assumption either accurate or not--could indicate grades. Fairness is in the eyes of the beholder.

Oh well, I would say this horse is dead. Like the SMU Mustang after playing UCONN.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Didn't someone suggest a couple of weeks ago that Boykin had hurt her ankle?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Just a couple things before I lock this thread:

1. We don't indulge in harmful speculation here. I don't care what word you prefer over speculation, it's against the rules. Period.

2. If you want to get into some kind of pissing match with another poster, do us all a favor and go to PM so we don't have to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom