Michigan Game Ticket Sale Finger-pointing | The Boneyard

Michigan Game Ticket Sale Finger-pointing

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

2 weeks from now what percentage of the fans will be Michigan fans?
If it's above 15% whose fault is it?
Coach P's fault for the disappointing on field performance?
Warde's fault for poor ticket marketing?
CT fan's fault?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If we are to be fair, it's the fans' fault. The AD went above and beyond to keep tickets out of Michigan hands. Season tickets aren't that expensive, mini-plans less so, and if you knew a season ticket holder the single game ticket was $60. If you wanted a Michigan ticket as a UConn FB fan, it was there to be had. If it's truly a sellout, a paid sellout, no special giveaways, then the AD did what it was supposed to do. This game has been on the radar for years, so we can't even fall back on the go-to marketing gripe.

Reaction Score
Talked to a Michigan fan today. He had been planning to come for two years. To them it is still a tough ticket. It will be sold out and there is demand. I'm pumped.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I think that of the 42,000 seats, 15,000 will be filled by Michigan fans. Maybe/probably more. As for who is to blame, I think the blame falls on the fans this time. I know many fans, including me, were buzzkilled after Towson, but that wouldn't explain the lack of season ticket and mini plan sales that were available before the Towson game. Plus, season ticket holders had first crack at extras and still couldn't sell the venue out. As SubbaBub stated above, Manuel really tried to keep the atmosphere pro-UCONN. Now, I'm afraid George DeLeone and TJ Weist will need to prepare the OL and the rest of the offense for very loud crowd noise when we have the ball...in our home stadium.

But if there is a bit of silver lining, it will be that a few of the "casual" UCONN fans who will be in attendance will get their first glimpse (although this lesson was also given by WVU fans) of a passionate fanbase who will be in their seats waaaaaaaaaaaaaay before kickoff and will stay in their seats through the end. Maybe the Michigan fanbase will give the socialite fans a blueprint how to attend a football game.

Reaction Score
Having gone to the Michigan game, although they are not as bad as us here in the Northeast, they still arrive late and take off early. They arent the holy grail of football fanship.

Reaction Score
I think that of the 42,000 seats, 15,000 will be filled by Michigan fans. Maybe/probably more. As for who is to blame, I think the blame falls on the fans this time. I know many fans, including me, were buzzkilled after Towson, but that wouldn't explain the lack of season ticket and mini plan sales that were available before the Towson game. Plus, season ticket holders had first crack at extras and still couldn't sell the venue out. As SubbaBub stated above, Manuel really tried to keep the atmosphere pro-UCONN. Now, I'm afraid George DeLeone and TJ Weist will need to prepare the OL and the rest of the offense for very loud crowd noise when we have the ball...in our home stadium.

But if there is a bit of silver lining, it will be that a few of the "casual" UCONN fans who will be in attendance will get their first glimpse (although this lesson was also given by WVU fans) of a passionate fanbase who will be in their seats waaaaaaaaaaaaaay before kickoff and will stay in their seats through the end. Maybe the Michigan fanbase will give the socialite fans a blueprint how to attend a football game.

If we have 25K season ticket holders that means only 2K UConn fans bought tix and 15K went to Mich fans. Doesn't seem even remotely possible.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If we have 25K season ticket holders that means only 2K UConn fans bought tix and 15K went to Mich fans. Doesn't seem even remotely possible.

I think it will depend on the Maryland outcome. I foresee LOTS of season ticket holders auctioning off their tickets should UCONN lose on Saturday. In that case, my estimate could be too low. But I really, really hope I'm wrong.

Reaction Score
I think it will depend on the Maryland outcome. I foresee LOTS of season ticket holders auctioning off their tickets should UCONN lose on Saturday. In that case, my estimate could be too low.
Not sure why you would expect season ticket holders to auction off their tickets. I for one have looked forward to Michigan coming in here for a couple of years. I have always wanted to see what we were shooting for as a football team. Granted we are at a low point in our history but we will still be playing the Maize and Blue on our field in little old E. Hartford, Ct. Hopefully we will do a much better job against Maryland than Towson. That had to be an aberration. We can't be that flat 2 games in a row. Go Huskies!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Went to the game in Ann Arbor and have only missed one game at the Rent since it opened - Syracuse a few years ago. First half was a snore but second half was actually a great game. I've seen Buffalo a hundred times or so it seems. Haven't been to a wedding in years. Was invited to two, in Massachusetts on the 21st. Doing the right thing, in my eyes, and going to the weddings. Grounds for a Boneyard hanging, probably. But so bummed that I will miss the best team ever to visit the Rent.

Reaction Score
If it doesn't sell out I blame people who bought season tickets just to TRY to sell this ticket for 650 bucks on stubhub.

Reaction Score
Went to the game in Ann Arbor and have only missed one game at the Rent since it opened - Syracuse a few years ago. First half was a snore but second half was actually a great game. I've seen Buffalo a hundred times or so it seems. Haven't been to a wedding in years. Was invited to two, in Massachusetts on the 21st. Doing the right thing, in my eyes, and going to the weddings. Grounds for a Boneyard hanging, probably. But so bummed that I will miss the best team ever to visit the Rent.

Your decision just guaranteed a win. Thank you very much. You are gonna be hating life. :cool:

Reaction Score
Having gone to the Michigan game, although they are not as bad as us here in the Northeast, they still arrive late and take off early. They arent the holy grail of football fanship.

Well, they certainly looked like it the other night on TV against ND! Even my wife said "holy .... look at those fans!!" and she goes to every game at The Rent.

Reaction Score
I think it will depend on the Maryland outcome. I foresee LOTS of season ticket holders auctioning off their tickets should UCONN lose on Saturday. In that case, my estimate could be too low. But I really, really hope I'm wrong.

Season ticket holders, as a whole, will not be selling their Mich tickets regardless of the MD outcome. REAL season ticket holders won't pass up the most storied program ever to visit the Rent for a few extra dollars. (unless a very important person is getting married...:cool:). AFTER the Michigan game all bets are off.

You won't be able to give them away if we are 0-3 or worse, 0-4 after Buffalo.

Reaction Score
The true problem with UConn Football is 70% (and I think I'm being conservative here) of the population that lives within 100 miles of the stadium doesn't care about them. They don't care if they win or lose, they don't care who we are playing, and they certainly aren't interested in going to a game.

Compare that to Columbus OH or Gainesville FL where I'm assuming it's about 10% who don't care and everybody who isn't at the game wishes they were.

The only thing I ever see changing that is success -- which we've had with Men's and Women's Basketball -- and as soon as things come back down to a earth we'll fall right back to where we were. Maybe we are just too busy in the Northeast to invest the time it takes to become a rabid fan base.

Reaction Score
University of Michigan football is coming to East Hartford, CT, say that again EAST HARTFORD, CT. This would have been furthest thing from anyone's mind 20 years ago. If you can't get up for this (bad UConn team or not) then you're not a sports fan nevermind a UConn fan.

Reaction Score

They show up to tailgate at 7 am for a noon game. I know because when my friend bought a house near the stadium, he woke up to dozens of cars parking on his lawn, and the tailgaters gave him the 25 year history of his home as a bonus. They get there early but maybe it's hard for that many people to SQUEEZE into that stadium. They leave early because if they don't they might as well go home, they ain't finding a seat at any establishment in town. Game day was a good day for me to do my grocery shopping, then go home and hide out.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
When 20,000 people leave a 100,000 seat stadium early it looks differently than when it happens at a 40,000 seat stadium. But it happens everywhere. Happens a little earlier here.

Reaction Score
Back in the 80's when I grew up you had 2 choices in football viewing on Saturdays....Michigan or ND. Those were the only 2 college football teams I knew of when I was 6 years old! I liked the helmets and became a michigan fan! Lots of people I know had the same childhood experience. So who do we blame for 15K michigan fans showing up? Blame the television networks....UCONN football was irrelevant back then. I'm proud to say i'm a fan now (even given the current state of the program). It is what it is....go and cheer your ass off and have fun. And go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Be prepared to hear "Hail to the Victors" I hope only once. I was hearing it in my mind constantly upon returning home.

Reaction Score

a few years a go I was talking to a U Texas fan and mentioned our fans arriving late/leaving early. He said UT fans leave early too, especially if the game is out of hand one way or another.

Reaction Score
When 20,000 people leave a 100,000 seat stadium early it looks differently than when it happens at a 40,000 seat stadium. But it happens everywhere. Happens a little earlier here.

It also takes 3 hours to get to the highway if you leave on time. I've never seen anything like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom