MGoBlog previews Michigan vs UConn | The Boneyard

MGoBlog previews Michigan vs UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Bunch of smug mother$%$^ers! I can't wait to punch them in the mouth! Then they can join RGIII in being wowed at the Rent...

Reaction Score
They claim our offense should be better and our defense won't be as good. They may be smug but until we prove it on the field they're really not that far off. What's intersting to me is that after all their boasting and bragging they see it as a 14-6 game!?

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting. This is a well written article, and as a UConn nut it opened my eyes a bit as to what other conferences (that do not see us day in day out) think of UConn. The following is actually quite revealing:

Did you know that the Huskies (circa 2010) actually went on to win the Big East that year?
They did (or at least a share of it) and had a better resume than anyone else in that conference, so they got the auto-bid to the Fiesta Bowl, where they were summarily executed by No. 9 Oklahoma. Edsall bolted for Maryland pretty much the next day, and he has since been spending a lot of time there designing uniformz and losing. See you next year I guess.
So UConn hired Paul Pasqualoni, a former Syracuse head coach who lost his edge in the early ‘00s, left Syracuse, and floated around the NFL for a couple years. After taking over the Huskies, he's led them to back-to-back 5-7 seasons.

Boy, what a swoon we have taken. Oh well, time to as Dan well says, "punch them in the mouth!"

I hope we do because on a side note I work with a huge TOS alum who is very close with ex coach Tressel (mentioned to give u an idea of this person's FB knowledge) and when I would say UConn FB is pretty good he would politely say don't know much about them besides bb. Yet when I pointed out our wins against ND and the Gamecocks (UL and WVU too) he said "wow I had no idea".

So I pray we turn it around. A win will give us the boast we all need. I believe, but I'm a fan. However, after getting killed by WVU year after year we finally beat them, finally!! An early season win against Michigan would be sweet. I for one would open my check book and write SH and WM a fat one.

pj

Reaction Score
Intelligent and accurate piece. The only thing that surprised me is they think we'll hold Michigan to 14 points. I'm hoping that the offense will be much better next year, but it's really hope. Who knows.

A win would be a huge boost for this program.

Reaction Score
Description of Uconn's workhorse running back " listed at 5-8, 169 lbs -- and not all that quick or speedy, which kind of defeats the point of being small".

Reaction Score
Don't know what to say about this or any game on the schedule. I don't think whitmer is the guy for this offense, but we shall see. Hope the line holds up.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Don't know what to say about this or any game on the schedule. I don't think whitmer is the guy for this offense, but we shall see. Hope the line holds up.

I'm not looking to argue, just curious, who do you think should be the QB? You think we have a better shot starting a Frosh in Boyle, Lagow, or Cochran (redshirt Frosh)? I think it's a tough spot considering we have no experience behind Whitmer. I personally think Whitmer can be solid given an Offensive Line. But I'd just be curious who you think would be best.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I'll just make one last post to address this Michigan piece. Talking about our team of 2010 is nearly as relevant as me bringing up their loss to Appalachian State in 2007. None of the starters on the field this year will be players that played in that game in 2010 (with the exception of maybe Jesse Joseph). On top of the fact that Oklahoma finished arguably as the best and hottest team of all of college football, and we were in the game in the 3rd quarter. (the two picks off of our receiver's chests were ultimately too much to overcome)

Now, when I see stuff like this and my blood pressure gets going, I think about the positive part of this: our team has probably seen it, too. I love when another team gives us bulletin board material, especially with so much time leading up to it. Punch them in #$king mouth!!! :mad:

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
One minor gripe - it might be technically correct to say Edsall left the day after the Fiesta Bowl, but it's more accurate to say he left the night of the Fiesta as it was only a few hours after the game he got on the plane, right?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
One minor gripe - it might be technically correct to say Edsall left the day after the Fiesta Bowl, but it's more accurate to say he left the night of the Fiesta as it was only a few hours after the game he got on the plane, right?

Technically speaking, one could argue that he had left before that night...

Reaction Score
I'll just make one last post to address this Michigan piece. Talking about our team of 2010 is nearly as relevant as me bringing up their loss to Appalachian State in 2007. None of the starters on the field this year will be players that played in that game in 2010 (with the exception of maybe Jesse Joseph). On top of the fact that Oklahoma finished arguably as the best and hottest team of all of college football, and we were in the game in the 3rd quarter. (the two picks off of our receiver's chests were ultimately too much to overcome)

Now, when I see stuff like this and my blood pressure gets going, I think about the positive part of this: our team has probably seen it, too. I love when another team gives us bulletin board material, especially with so much time leading up to it. Punch them in #$king mouth!!! :mad:
Dan ! Love to see a pretty chill dude like you get this fired up. That should be our slogan this year punch them in ....inf mouth

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Dan ! Love to see a pretty chill dude like you get this fired up. That should be our slogan this year punch them in ....inf mouth

I added it to my signature line... ;)

EDIT: I'll probably only keep it there for a day, because I want to stay classy...

Reaction Score
If the author thinks the 2010 game was "60 minutes of domination" then he probably turned of the Bruins/Blackhawks game after the first period and proclaimed that Boston didn't stand a chance.

And to relive the misery a little more ... the Shoemate fumble didn't bother me as much as the ensuing 3rd and 15 that Michigan successfully completed from the shadow of their own goalposts.

It still is a much better write up then most of UCONN's beat writers.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Edsall was gone the first week of December 2009 when his name hit the ESPN ticker courtesy of his agents pimping the ND position as Edsall's.

Reaction Score
If UConn only scores six points, Warde will fire PP after the game and elevate TJ . . . we didn't see much any of it in the spring game but expecting the full dose of no-huddle quick tempo in this one.

I also expect Warde to, um, address the troops sometime that week as he did after the season. He needs the win for his career as much as UConn needs it to make a statement.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure how the 2010 game can be described as "60 Minutes of Domination." He also goes on and on about how superior Michigan is then says it's gonna be a 14-6 final? WTF?

Reaction Score
Putting aside the smugness, it was fairly accurate on paper but they way over estimate where we are. 14-6 prediction! Maybe last year with our D on a good day. They just have not seen how poorly we have executed in every phase of the game. As to their emphasis on our Defense, our D-line is ineffective with no penetration. If we come out with a 14-6 loss, we've won the battle. I just cant see it being close, but we hope that this guy is correct, because if we are close, we have a chance, and if we have a chance, anything can happen.

"Offensively Michigan will probably struggle with Smallwood. Hoke and Borges seem to prefer a safe, run-heavy approach on the road, and against that defensive line I can’t see any of the Wolverines interior offensive linemen getting to the second level on a consistent basis. If Michigan’s defense plays well, it won’t matter. Borges can keep running his new toys up the middle until the game ends at 14-6."

Reaction Score
I thought it was a good, reasoned and researched breakdown of our team. Enjoyed it.

pj

Reaction Score
Yes, excellent. Michigan has quality fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom