Mercury vs. Liberty | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mercury vs. Liberty

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I still think MN has too much talent for Phoenix in a series vs. a one game playoff and they have strong post play to combat Griner.

The Europeans and Australians play a lot less and practice as a team a lot more than the Americans growing up, and while their numbers are smaller, it means the better ones get identified earlier and generally end up with better quality coaching earlier in their careers. The ones that are good enough to get to the WNBA (and want to come) usually have more rounded games coming in than the US college players outside of the really outstanding programs. The US players may have greater athleticism and talent, but have to learn more as pros because a lot have been allowed to skate on their talent alone through college.

Great career for Swin. There is a serious 'changing of the guard' happening in the W - that 2000 era talent rush that really defined the WNBA are all reaching retirement. The same with the National team.

BG and Syl are a wash, so I agree that MN can contend with Griner. So, that brings it down to the other players. DT vs Maya, Xargay vs Whalen, Taylor vs Augustus, Dupree vs Brunson. I think either team is capable of winning those battles on any given night.

BG and Dupree are going to have to hit the boards and not give offensive rebounds. I think this series will come down to rebounding and BG cannot stand around and watch Brunson and Syl clean up on the boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom